Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 - 15.08.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
KateM17

Re: Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KateM17 »

Picked up gorgeous Glynis on Thursday for a long weekend. She is so keen on her walks. I like to get her out at least 3 times a day, sometimes more, if she thinks she is going out, you just can't disappoint! Glynis is now starting to 'get herself a life', she has her own mind, and her personality is starting to shine through. She loves attention, she loves her walks, she loves her food, she loves to sleep, she loves to relax, have a stretch and chill out! She loves to lay on the patio on her blanket and wants to be with you. So endearing! Glynis can run up and down stairs (she is quick too), she has jumped on a bed, ragged up the pillows and got comfortable. She is keen to please, when really we should be wanting to please her! She met her first 'stranger' today......A friend came to visit that she has never met before, coming into her space, I wasn't sure.......But she was a star, she stood, she sniffed, she was friendly and took a treat! After watching the BBC interview, my friend was in awe of her, and Glynis quite liked my mate also! She was a bit 'grumpy' with other dogs whilst out, but who can blame her, she just isn't used to them. She's a wonderful dog, coming along in heaps and bounds. Am I biased, yes probably, but she deserves all the love that she can get! X

Checking out the patio
Checking out the patio

Chilling
Chilling

Is that a bird in the garden?
Is that a bird in the garden?

What's in here then?
What's in here then?
heleny

Post by heleny »

Glynis and I enjoyed a lovely walk in the shade of the woods today. We met Debbie and her dog Rosie and stopped for a chat and Glynis was exceptionally well behaved. She loves getting out and walks along at quite a rate. She is a lovely, calm lady and I always feel really soothed in her company. She has been through such a lot and has managed to retain all her dignity and sense of perspective. She would like that forever home to come along and no one deserves it more than her. :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Glynis had a very sociable walk this morning with Sandy and Lenny. It was such a wonderful quiet, calm walk for all 3 dogs.
DSCF9432.jpgGLS.jpg
DSCF9434.jpgGLS.jpg
DSCF9436.jpgGLS.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I collected Glynis this evening, I was excited to see her! She was pretty keen to leave and jumped into the back of the car, no questions asked. Back at mums she was very excited to go out for a walk. She took off up the road, steaming ahead, we even had a little run! We got absolutely soaked, but she didn't seem to mind, and she sure did enjoy the towel rub down she got when we got back! After a quick cuppa, she started pacing and it was time to leave. Back home at mine, she walked around the garden, had a couple of milky biscuits and she is now all stretched out on her blankets and is snoozing, she occasionally looks up to see if she is missing anything! She is such a calm little lady. Glynis definitely enjoys her home comforts and is very chilled. She is looking amazing, healthy, has a lovely curly tail and now smells like fabric conditioner (as mum tends to overdose on it on the towels!) and its great to see her just being herself. She so deserves to have a happy lifestyle x
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Glynis.....what can I say that I haven't already. This girl is just craving to get her own home where she can just settle into a normal life which she so deserves. She enjoyed her breakfast and an early morning walk, she didn't appear to miss me when I popped out to walk the kennel dogs! She enjoyed strokes and a nap whilst I was out and was bright and curly tailed when I got back and keen for another walk! Once home, she chilled and had a nap (so did I!), then it was dinner time! I'd heard that Glynis didn't like the rain, and seeing that it was pouring down, I decided to see what she was like in a 'doggie coat'. Yes it was a 'hand me down', to Glynis, it was hers and she was quite happy to wear it and I think she 'rocked' it very well! Out in the rain, she was quite happy pottering along, sniffing everything out there that was worth a sniff and didn't mind a bit that it was raining. Glynis loves to be close, so if your hand is under her head, just before she drops off to sleep, she is more than happy! Glynis doesn't need much, she hasn't had a lot, but to see her this happy and just enjoying her life, is.......I think.......priceless x

Out Walking......because I can!
Out Walking......because I can!

Ragging up the grass......because I can!
Ragging up the grass......because I can!

Sniffing a lampost.......because I can!
Sniffing a lampost.......because I can!
anne

Post by anne »

Glynis (With Louise) was walking behind Dylan and I this morning, happy to follow Dylan and draw confidence from his calm influence. Every time I looked around Glynis had the happiest of smiles on her face and was clearly enjoying every second of her walk. How wonderful is that for a dog with her background.
DSCF9447.jpgglynis.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I just love my weekends now and they wouldn't be the same without gorgeous Glynis, the wannabe superstar, who in my eyes has made it! Collected Glynis on Thursday, she was pleased to see me and a quick hop in the back of the car and we were off on our way to her spa weekend! (well my house!). A quick stop off at Mum's for a walk and back to mine for a chilled relaxing evening. Friday she spent the day at Mum's, I did pop home at lunchtime to take her for a walk but that wasn't her normal routine, so there was a face on paw moment (for the rest of the afternoon). Glynis heard me pull up onto the drive and whilst she doesn't appear to be over affectionate, I was licked and licked (special moment!). Glynis enjoys her walks a lot, and tires me out! When she wants to go, there is no stopping her. She jumped onto the bed on Friday night for strokes and a cuddle (very unusual), stayed for half and hour or so, and was then back downstairs snoring on her blankets. Usually I have to wake her for breakfast, but not on Saturday, at 7am she was upstairs looking around for company! Once I was up, she went back to sleep again (charming!). Before walking her chums at the kennels, we went for a walk, and when I got back, desperate for a chill myself, we were off again for a walk! Once home, she spotted next doors cat Cookie sitting on the shed roof, yes, Glynis can get up on 'two legs'. Those back leg muscles are there and ready! I tried Gynis out with a Kong today, not sure she was up for it, but she quite liked the idea of treats being 'automatically dispensed' every time it was shook (my fault, I hate to see her not grasping the concept!). Will try harder not to interfere next week! We had some lovely walks in the park this weekend. I don't like taking her back her to kennels, she barks when I leave, but the blankets are already being laundered for her next stay. Adorable, she just needs a retirement home now.......She deserves it x

Wake up Glynis.......time to go babe!
Wake up Glynis.......time to go babe!

This Kong thing really is tiring!
This Kong thing really is tiring!

Having a chilled walk!
Having a chilled walk!

At the park
At the park

At the park in the sunshine
heleny

Post by heleny »

How lovely it is to read about Glynis's time away from the kennels. She is lovely - I walked her yesterday and her patience and dignity never fail to astound me. She does indeed walk at a fast pace and usually where she wants to go! Yesterday we enjoyed a walk with Nicki and Millie - it was a sociable walk so Glynis can get used to company and she seemed to love it. She never likes to go back to her pen although she can be consoled with some sausage and she does bark very plaintively when you leave her. I think it is a fairly distinctive, haunting bark which remains with you and makes you wish you could spend more time with her. :crossfingers.gif: that retirement home comes soon for this lovely girl.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Glynis walked with me for the first time today. She welcomed me in, albeit a little unsure to start. She is a true delight to walk. We walked with Kirsty and Fredds, Glynis taking the lead and rather enjoying being in front! We had a scary moment where her back legs fell down the gap caused by a missing plank on the bridge - thought I was going to lose her for a moment 0002.gif]
Half way around we met a couple more walkers and their dogs and they joined us on the way back, Glynis still in the lead. She seems to enjoy having company. we had a bit of time before going back to the kennel and Glynis had the chance to say hello to a few more of the volunteers. The transformation is amazing from when she first joined us and just goes to show the love and care she has received from Rescue Remedies. I am sure that Glynis is ready for her new home and will make a brilliant companion. love4.gif
IMG_1549.JPG
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Glynis has come to stay for another weekend at mine. When I got to the kennels on Thursday she was out walking with heleny. I thought when I got her back to mums she would happily settle down for a chill and a cuppa. Glynis had other ideas! She wanted to walk again. This girl likes a routine! Not to disappoint we went out and I was glad we did. Her sociable walks at the kennels have been working, she passed 2 other dogs well and wasn't at all interested. However, what she was unable to ignore were the 3 (yes 3!) lovely police officers we met, she wasn't going anywhere until 2 of the 3 had given her a little stroke and paid her some attention! She's currently sleeping, relaxed and content. She's a chilled girl, hopefully loving her life now that she has found herself safely wrapped in the love and care of the rescue. She just needs to find herself her forever home. Lovely little lady x

Out walking
Out walking

At the park, look at her curly tail!
At the park, look at her curly tail!

Look at those back legs!
Look at those back legs!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”