Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Haslemere Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
Dogmatix

Re: Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Dogmatix »

While Sebby was in Chessington, soon after he had arrived, I had the pleasure of taking him out over lunch a few times, and what a nice gently soul he is outside. He is very calm, even when approached by several off lead dogs all at once, greats them nicely with a friendly tail wag and sniff, then carries on calmly. He is undeterred by joggers, perhaps a little nervous when a bicycle comes suddenly round the corner, but no sign at all of an adverse reaction other than perhaps stepping aside to get out of their way. He did not react at all to the horses in the field, even when one came over to the fence to take a good look at us.
He seemed to enjoy being outside, had a good sniff around, did not pull on the lead at all. Once in a while he turned around to check I was still there.
I am very happy for him that he is now with some doggie friends in Broxbourne, but I shall miss our lunchtime walks in Chessington.
Here are a few photos from end of last year in the sun - doesn't he have a wonderful smile?
Sebby_20161203_124822.jpg
Sebby_20161203_124829.jpg
Sebby_20161203_124930.jpg
Sebby_20161203_124827.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

OMG beautiful pictures from 2 new Sebby admirers Fantastic 0093.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Oh he is a beauty. :D
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

What a lovely dog. Gentle in every way. Takes treats gently too
What a lovely dog. Gentle in every way. Takes treats gently too
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

What a little treasure
What a little treasure
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Sebby out in his walk with Ellis yesterday
Sebby out in his walk with Ellis yesterday
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sebby with his friends Boycie & Heathcliff @ Broxbourne

Sebby spending a lot of his time watching all the dogs in their kennels like they are his sheep
bizlate

Post by bizlate »

Rescue Remedies have some good looking dogs waiting for homes. I always feel a bit sorry for the longer haired boys and girls because kennel life gets them looking a bit scraggly... Not so Sebby. He is magnificent.
14881409609041.jpg
14881409609373.jpg
I grew up with a very naughty collie cross who adored his family but was pretty tetchy with strangers, so I automatically expected Sebby to be a bit standoffish. Wrong again! Sebby was surprisingly affectionate. While kennel manager Adam was fixing his harness I cautiously held Sebby's collar and was immediately rewarded with lovely gentle kisses despite being a complete stranger.

On a walk Sebby's a classic inquisitive collie. Not pulling or troublesome but lots of the determined stopping-to-investigate-and-not-moving-until-I'm-done manoeuvres that all collie owners will recognise! When we fell behind my husband James with walking mate Trevor, Sebby loved having a little jog to catch up - he's very pack oriented and felt happiest when everyone was together. He was fractionally shy of James to begin with but this was solved by James and I swapping dogs part way through the walk - once James had his lead, Sebby was his new best friend.

Sebby and Trevor had never met before our walk but we had absolutely no problems at all with either of them... very laid back with one another, happy to share the humans and no sense of friction at all.
14881409608010.jpg
Sebby is a smart boy and well mannered too. We know from his original referral that he is food possessive but he seemed relatively happy to share treats with Trevor on our walk (we kept them a safe distance apart for treat sessions which may have helped make the boundaries clear). One good thing about Sebby's love of food is that it will make him very easy to train... Sebby will do anything for cheese!!
14881409609312.jpg
Put simply, Sebby is ready to go. He's a gorgeous looking boy with great manners and a lot of love to give. What are you waiting for?!
14881409609384.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Chedburgh Suffolk

Post by xxlynne »

(Since Returned)

Glyn & Christine travelled from Suffolk with the everso lovely Holly. Sebby met her with affection and they loved walking together along the river

Sebby jumped in the car and sped off towards his new home...Thank you Glyn and Chris

Our thanks goes to JohnFowle for saving Sebby and transporting him into our Rescue. ALSO Adam who took Sebby in in a very stressed state and put him in charge of watching the dogs!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”