Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 - 01.07.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 - 01.07.18

Post by xxlynne »

Jock45.jpg
Hi Dianna,

I just wanted to make contact to let you know that sadly, we lost Jock on Sunday. He was with us for 18 months, and we loved every minute of him being with us. Sadly, he had fluid on his lungs, and had developed a tumour on his abdomen, which meant he was struggling to breath.

RIP Jock – we will forever have his pawprints in our heart.

Regards Sam
Jock.jpg
Jock's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Jock's Story : Jock's owner died suddenly on the 12th Dec 16.Jock has been taken in by his nextdoor neighbour who knows him very well and he is sharing with a JRT : Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jock is now neutered; is chipped and has begun vaccinations. Jock was fostered in Market Harborough with 'Westie Lyn' and he pack of Westies and Scotties

Jock is 13 years old with a full medical history available. Jock has enjoyed good health and a good life as his owners devoted companion. The only health issue was the removal of a mass from his muzzle 2 years ago with non re occurrence. A little arthritic so not for long walks but short walks are enjoyed, as well as garden surveillance. True to his breed a very jipper chappie who has the smile and the eyes and to gait to capture your heart in a blink.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Jock's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Jock4.jpg
Jock's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to help Jock who was found with his dead owner after being together all his life. Jock is 13 years young
Tim

Re: Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 Guildford foster

Post by Tim »

Another Westie thumbs.gif - reminds me of Snowy

Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Westie

Post by Westie »

love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
So, so happy this little man has already been reserved.

As you might guess by my username, I have a great love of Westie's. I was so sad when I read about him earlier today and was trying to think of ways to keep him out of kennels. I was very, very happy when I checked later this evening to see he is already reserved. It is so sad that his devoted owner has passed away. He must be a little confused, but hopefully he will soon be in a new loving home.

How very kind of his owners next door neighbour to take him in and look after him whilst he was waiting or a rescue place, so huge thanks to them and, of course, huge thanks to Lynne and RR for taking him in.
:thanks.gif:

Westie
:dog_running-186.gif:
X
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

good luck little man. xxx
xxlynne

Re: Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 Chessington

Post by xxlynne »

Well what a week little Jock has had...having lost his owner, Dee (Peters) took him in and groomed him and a kind vet locally said as it was Christmas so they would prep Jock for his homing. Jock was neutered, vaccinated and had a full dental.

Mary, Doodles and I were meeting him 1 hour after he got home from the vets.
Jock12.jpg
Jock11.jpg
Jock13.jpg
Jock14.jpg
(Jock since returned)
Jock and Doodles are now an item in their home
Jock15.jpg
Mary painted these pictures  of her past dogs
Mary painted these pictures of her past dogs
Thank you Dee for everything you offered Jock this week when he so needed you. Thank you Mary for offering Jock his home for Christmas and the rest of his life.
jules

Post by jules »

Mary, Doodles and Jock sounds good to me and I will no doubt be seeing you around. Lovely homing. love4.gif
Dani

Post by Dani »

How lovely and what a wonderful talent to paint those pictures.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

What an angel Mary is. A loving mum to our gorgeous Doodles (who I totally adored when at the kennels) and now loving mum to Jock. :thanks.gif:

Be happy Jock :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
xxlynne

Re: Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 Chessington Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Jock has come back to us. He is a brilliant star who has loved living with another dog and cat. Jock however has been used to 5 walks a day and has been quite vocal at time communicating he'd like to go for walks or simply pining for the companion he knew for all his left.. Mary lives in a flat and has been concerned in case he disturbs the neighbours.

Jock is travelling to Market Harborough tomorrow to be fostered by Lyn with her Westies and Scotties. He should have a ball whilst her waits for his new retirement home. We are sad for all it hasn't worked out with Mary & Doodles
westielyn

Re: Jock Westie DofB 01.07.03 Market Harborough Foster

Post by westielyn »

JOCK HAS HAD HIS 2ND VAX AND IS DOING VERY WELL IN WITH OUR GANG.
HE IS SPOILT 0028.gif
VERY FIT FOR HIS AGE AND NEEDS AN EXPERIENCED TERRIER OWNER
:D

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”