Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.13 Seaford East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Nurse Flo

Re: Marley Staffie DOB 03.08.2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by Nurse Flo »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Marley and I spent a lovely few hours together today. This lad is very special and although a happy chappie most of the time he does lack a bit of confidence so really appreciates kindnesss and guidance. He loves people and is desperate for a special someone to love him and guide him through life - can you give him what he is desperately looking for? He would be a very faithful friend if someone would give him a chance.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley got a new collar yesterday after having a wonderful walk. Here he is showing off to one of Vigil Rescue's Trustees, he's good at winning new friends, beautiful boy love4.gif
Marley7.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley is one of my all time favourite boys, he bonds in a special way and really needs a human to lavish his love on.
meeting a CowShed charity cow
meeting a CowShed charity cow
Showing new walker Ryan the soldier the ropes
Showing new walker Ryan the soldier the ropes
I'm a good boy aren't I? Not to mention beautiful!
I'm a good boy aren't I? Not to mention beautiful!
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Marley is such a handsome and lovable boy, so it was a great treat for me to be paired with him on the walkers’ rota. He can look a little serious in his kennel, with his solemn expression and soulful eyes – as he’d really LOVE to find a family and home of his very own – but as soon as you go in to meet him with the leads and harness, he is overjoyed and endlessly helpful as he tries to put his harness on himself!
Marley 2.1.jpg
I’m amazed at how good he is while out walking – both on the pavement and then heading out into the countryside. He didn’t strain on his lead at all and made the sweetest snuffling, chortling, snoring noises as he rambled along the path beside me. Funnily enough, although the cows which usually inhabit the field were nowhere to be seen he was still transfixed by the water trough – but on our return to the kennels the mothers with their calves had come back to that spot and Marley greeted them cheerily, as if to say, “you lot took your time; I’ve been out for ages!” He’s such a funny boy!
Marley 2.2.JPG
Marley proved himself to be a complete water-baby, as he was drawn to the river like a moth to a flame. At one of the steeper banks he flopped onto his tummy and did his Ninja crawl down towards the water, before deciding (on his own) that he might be able to find a slightly easier access point further along. (He’s a really smart cookie, and I was relieved as had he gone in at that point there’s no doubt I would have followed him in, head-first!)
Marley 2.3.JPG
Very soon we came upon the shallow bank and Marley ‘Phelps’ launched himself into the water with great gusto for a lovely swim and serious refreshment. After a few seconds he waded back out, turned in a big circle ... and plunged back in again ... such sheer joy is a pleasure to witness!
Marley 2.4.JPG
We set off on another circuit, but sadly when we came to the same spot (where he and I had hoped he could have another dip), we were greeted by two canoeists who had come ashore for lunch under the tree. Although they had spoiled his fun, Marley was a perfect gentleman, saying a quick hello (in the vain hope of being invited to join their picnic), and trotting off along the path where he had lots of nice doggie treats of his own and slurps of water (for being such a good boy and showing his lovely manners). Bad luck, dear Marley – next time we will take up residence on that river bank and you can have all the swims you’d like!
Marley 2.6.JPG
Heading back after our afternoon walk, there were lots more photo opportunities to show what a handsome chap he is, and after saying goodbye to his bovine chums he ambled beautifully along the road before having more lovely hugs and treats in his kennel. Marley is a gorgeous boy, with lots of love to give. He would thrive and blossom in a loving family home – he really deserves to the chance to show what a magnificent companion he would be …
I "heart" you too, Marley …
I "heart" you too, Marley …
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Handsome Boy
Handsome Boy
Had a lovely walk with Marley this morning, he is a lovely friendly boy and was happy to be going out. When trying to take a pic of him I asked him to sit which he did beautifully and he also gave me his paw without me even asking, such a clever boy! He must have known a treat was imminent! He does seem to suffer with the heat so we had a few rests in the shade and he had plenty of water which he loved.
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

How lucky I was to have another walk with Marley last week. He always waits so patiently in his kennel and is an absolute gentleman when it comes to allowing you in to greet him with the harness and leads. Knowing that he’s getting ready for an outing, he’s so helpful standing still and happily permitting you to check the harness and leads and fill the water bottle. And then we’re off through the gate and over the road with a lovely ‘sit’ and treats for being such a good boy.
Marley 3.1.JPG
It was a humid afternoon and having promised Mr Marley more ‘swims’ on this walk (as he missed out last time), we headed out to the island and the spot where he could easily wade into the river. Again he eased himself into the water and had a little float for a few seconds, but funnily enough Marley seemed a little more reserved this week and was rather tentative in this approach to the river. I had him on two longer leads which I think unsettled him a little (he likes staying quite close to you as you walk), and therefore I think he wanted to get back to the bank and move on with the rest of his walk.
Marley 3.2.JPG
As we rounded the corner on the track we realized that Ladyhaye was having her introductory walk with her new Dad, so we moved over into the long grass to let them pass, although of course Marley was keen to make himself heard with his deep bark. Good luck Lady, in your wonderful new home!
Marley 3.3.jpg
Rather than making a second circuit of the island, Marley and I headed off along the tow-path towards Guildford and towards the little sandy section of ‘beach’ where I though Marley might relish another dip. But before taking the plunge again, Marley showed off his handsome Staffie smile and beautiful brindle coat in a few more snaps, as he watched some canal boats heading up the river. He’s fascinated by everything that goes on around him and stops and studies all unusual activity, at every opportunity.
Marley 3.4.jpg
Fortunately, the path and ‘beach’ were quiet last Tuesday and so Marley was able to have another cooling wade in the river and contentedly paddled for several minutes before emerging from the water with a hearty shake. We both even had a little paddle in the stream before heading up the lane and back onto the main road for a return walk to the kennels. Marley was absolutely wonderful, walking slowly and closely by my side – he seemed so much more relaxed than at the start of our walk. So although it’s always hard to say goodbye after walking one of our RR dogs, it was nice to think that Marley had enjoyed his outing and would be going back into his run having had a nice swim and expended some energy.
Marley 3.6.JPG
We had a lovely cuddle while I rubbed him down with a towel drying his tummy and paws; and Marley was such a good, calm boy, patiently waiting from his last few treats of the day. There is so much to love about this boy – he has a wonderful combination of qualities: he’s serious yet funny; charming yet cheeky; strong yet gentle. He deserves his ‘forever home’ so much – come on folks, you are really missing out not meeting this lovely lad!
Marley 3.5.jpg
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

My lovely Marley boy doesn't do well in the heat, but he's still magnificent company.
on the charity walk with me
on the charity walk with me
bemused by a swan
bemused by a swan
being gorgeous without trying
being gorgeous without trying
Caroline C

Post by Caroline C »

I’m always so happy to be paired with Mr Marley – he’s such a character and full of affection so it’s a real pleasure to see his earnest little face peering through the wire of his kennel door! He really is a ‘little smasher’ as although he does get a little excited, he’s brilliant to harness and has been getting better and better at exiting the kennel block without being too distracted by his fellow residents.
Marley 4.1.JPG
On Saturday we were paired with Marley’s cuddly Pattie chum, Bentley, who was waiting patiently for us as we left the compound and headed off along the road towards our usual walk around the island. Both boys are excellent on the pavement and Marley is especially keen to show his lovely sitting skills, knowing that a handsome reward (well, a gravy bone at least!) would be forthcoming. He knows I’m a sucker for his good manners!
Marley 4.2.JPG
All the way along the lane Marley took the lead, but also waited patiently as Bentley enjoyed his favourite snuffles in the hedgerow. And ever photogenic, Marley happily posed for snaps which show what an incredibly handsome fellow he is.
Marley 4.3.JPG
It was hot and humid on Saturday so the boys were eager to get down to the river where Bentley enjoyed a lovely dip first. Then Marley eased himself into the river so that the water almost covered his whole body and wallowed around for a while in quiet contemplation. He’s not a ‘splasher’ but more of a gentle ‘soaker’, and he loved his cooling Saturday swim, but pretty soon he paddled out onto the bank, did a marvellous doggie shake to shower me with droplets and headed along the track to our next swimming location.
Marley 4.4.JPG
It was much shallower at the next low river bank so, although Marley paddled, he was less enthusiastic as he wasn’t able to fully immerse himself in the water so we pressed on and left Bentley to enjoy the bathing spot on his own, with my sister Caroline. Both boys are such water babies!
Marley 4.5.JPG
We reached the bend at the top of the island and waited for Bentley and Caroline to catch up and in the meantime, Marley did some lovely ‘sits’ for treat and cuddles. He did get a bit excited and started jumping up and playfully grabbing his lead – a bit of an energetic 30 seconds or so – but with a firm ‘no, down Marley’ he quickly sat again and recovered his former calm energy. This excellent response was rewarded with lots of positive praise. He’s such a clever boy and a very quick learner!

I’ve usually walked with Marley on his own and he’s always happy to have a solo outing, but he was equally relaxed in Bentley’s presence, although both boys had plenty of space and didn’t want to interact with each other too much. The lure of the water was much more appealing than playing with each other!
Marley 4.6.JPG
Marley enjoyed two more lovely soaks as we made a second circuit of the island, and he capered about as we turned for home but then calmly walked on a nice loose lead back along the lane. As we approached the kennel again he was delighted to see Amanda and Jen in the car park and he launched himself at them for lovely cuddles and hugs.

Marley is already a lovely, well-rounded little soul – full of fun, but with a few insecurities too. This gorgeous, affectionate lad is just crying out for a forever home, where he will be endlessly nurtured and his confidence can grow. Fingers crossed that he won't have to wait too much longer.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Marley adores a dunk in the river and I adore taking him there. I do think he's something special, yes he needs guidance and support but those in need of more give back more (in my opinion).
Doin' what he does best
Doin' what he does best
falling asleep, I gave him a little tug on the lead at this point
falling asleep, I gave him a little tug on the lead at this point
ok Laura I'll get out, let me shake it off
ok Laura I'll get out, let me shake it off
Froggin' out in the paddock
Froggin' out in the paddock
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Marley and I are quite regular walking companions now and it is always a pleasure to see his earnest face peering through the door as you approach his kennel. He’s such a gorgeous boy and is so pleased to see you, so he happily puts his harness on with no trouble at all. On Tuesday we were ready for our walk in an instant and Marley was so impressive as he confidently strode out of the run, passing his barking kennel mates with no reaction at all and not even a backward glance!
Marley 5.1.jpg
Knowing how much our lovely boy enjoys his ‘swims’, we quickly headed along the road (crossing to the opposite pavement with the loveliest ‘sit’ and gentle accepting of a well-deserved treat), and down the path towards the river. Striding along to the sound of Marley’s famous chortles and mumbles we quickly reached his favourite spot on the river bank where he slowly launched himself into the water savouring every cooling drop on this super-hot day!
Marley 5.2.jpg
As Laura mentioned in her previous post, Marley just loves a soak and he was happy to lie motionless in the cooling shallows. But he was also very alert and watched intently as people passed on the opposite path.
Marley 5.3.jpg
Encouraged by the promise of another dip further up the island, we progressed along the track to the next bathing spot where Marley enjoyed a few more splashes, as the river was too low for him to completely submerge himself. This boy loves his swims and his paddles too!
Marley 5.4.jpg
As we pressed on, with the temperature rising, we took full advantage of a shady spot and Marley impressed me with his froggie crawl through the grass – he really seemed to be enjoying his time out of the kennel.
Marley 5.5.jpg
We decided to head along the tow-path towards Guildford and again Marley was great company, stopping to snuffle through the undergrowth and pose for the odd photo or two. And he displayed his wonderful good manners while passing lots of other pedestrians, even making friends with a gentleman who remarked on what a good boy he was, and how well he was coping with the heat!
Marley 5.6.jpg
After a lovely excursion along the shady bank we slowly made our way back to the kennels where lots of treats and cuddles were shared – Marley is such an affectionate chap, with bags of character and the most endearing personality. All the Guildford walkers hope that someone special will come forward for this gorgeous boy very soon.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”