Pippin Staffie DOB 2013 - 11th October 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Pippin Staffie DOB 2013 - 11th October 23

Post by xxlynne »

Pippin1.JPG
Pippinfemale.jpg
Current Status: Homed
Pippin needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Pippin was found tied to a lamp post in freezing temperatures during Jan 2015. She was withdrawn and nervous on arrival at the pound but very quickly adjusted and seemed genuinely relieved to be in kennels and with people who cared for her and was very popular with staff and the dog warden and noted friendly with people and other dogs. Pippin went into another Rescue which insists on dogs sharing kennels, with the hype of kennels Pippin didn't do well, hence they sort another Rescue place. Pippin now needs support around dogs. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Pippin is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Pippin was in Guildford Kenns.

Been in kennels since Jan15 we stepped forwards in Apr 16. Pippin loves to be out on her walks settled walking in public. Pippin has sensitive skin so ideally raw food diet but currently in good condition. We give her cotton bedding and she collar-free in her kennel. Stunning looks & needs a family to offer her stability. Pippin’s dog skills are improving after a massive set back with previous rescue placing her in a shared kennel: Ignores & can form friendships; intolerant of off lead luneys. Spiffin Pippin

Visit [url=http://rescueremediesdogrescue.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4338] Pippin's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. [/url] Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Pippin32.jpg
Pippin00.jpg
Pippin74.JPG
Pippin99.jpg
Pippin5.jpg
Pippin's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Please remember this is the information we received from the referrer. Once a dog is with us and we begin to work with them and unpack them they can and often do reveal positive skills trust and transform behaviours We have another dog called Pippin who is bouncing back after 15 months with another Rescue and who is even more desperate for help from a good rescue. We were wondering if you would consider prioritising Pippin as she has had such a tricky time of it and really needs a break? We are so sorry to bring her back into EB when she has already spent so very long in kennels.
Pippin52.jpg
Pippinapr.jpg
Pippin came into our Rescue 13th April 16
Chapmania

Re: Pippin Staffie DOB 2013 comes Mid April

Post by Chapmania »

Gorgeous girl. Poor thing having spent a long time at another rescue. Hopefully we will find you a new home very soon Pippin :crossfingers.gif: xx
JenG

Re: Pippin Staffie DOB 2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by JenG »

I met this gorgeous girl briefly today and am already smitten....she is a beauty and Ever so calm. What a sweet girl. Hope I walk her soo ! Xx
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Well what can I say!! I took the gorgeous Pippin out today. She was very very excited to be going out so was a bit of a wriggler but Tracey helped distract her and the harness was on in a trice!! Out and about I am sure this beauty has some sort of terrier in her, head down sniffing all the way round, then head darting up and catching sight of a bunny and pheasant looking back at me as if to ask well are we chasing it or not. On realising not - then its head to the ground again to sniff out something else!. Taking all the sights in darling Pippin is very interested albeit she seems a little unsure around men but with some calm talking from me and some nice walking to heel she passed the workman very nicely. Once we passed she turned and gave a bark (as if to say, see I can do it!!). I think that Pippin will take a lot of her confidence from her walker and wait for commands. She loved the look of the river and I wonder if this girl thinks it might be good to swim. Literally every space had to be investigated, a mole hill became a complete interest for her!! As I was in lunchbreak we could only go for 35 minutes but I cannot wait to take her out for longer. I do love my Maisie look alikes don't I!!!!!!!! They seem to be increasing. Pippin will not disappoint any who walk her she is lovely, she does however love to go at quite a rate of knots she is not a slow walker so suits me well!! Just before leaving the kennels I unharnessed and asked her to sit for a treat and she put up a paw without asking. WONDERFUL. Beautiful girl. xxx :smiley-love014.gif:
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

A ray of sunshine - that's our Pip!
A ray of sunshine - that's our Pip!
First meeting with Perky Pip and one word - SUPER!

SUPER happy and affectionate
SUPER easy to harness
SUPER waggy tail on her walk
SUPER company
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Just when I thought I couldn’t LOVE these Staffies any more than I do already, I got to meet and walk Pippin for the very first time … and she was an absolute sweetheart! She was so welcoming and affectionate as soon as I went in to harness her for our outing – her joy at being out in the fresh air (in spite of the drizzle and humidity) was wonderful to witness.
Pippin 1.jpg
Pippin has the most beautiful Cleopatra-style kohl-rimmed eyes which beseech you to join her fun and games as she ambles along with a sassy wiggle of her tail. She adored finding a fragrant trail and was quickly nose-to-ground in pursuit of some excitement, but she was also fantastically alert and interested, so she constantly peered into the distance to check out other walkers and their four-legged companions.
Pippin 2.jpg
I’d expected Pippin to be strong and pull a little in her enthusiasm to be on her way, but she was a wonderfully considerate walking-buddy and we bonded like lifelong chums … she is an absolutely ‘peachy-sweet’ little girl and I just wanted to envelope her in a massive hug, as her kind-hearted personality shone through. I know Amanda has been walking Pippin recently and has obviously worked her ‘Maisie-magic’, as these two sweeties would make the most perfect twin additions to any home. They are ‘mini-me’ replicas of each other …

Pippin loved some treats and cuddles on our route along the river and as it was a soggy day, albeit rather warm, I offered her a drink from my travel bottle. Much like Lara later in the day, she was a little spooked by this contraption, but did a delighted hop, skip and jumping dance around me before more treats were gratefully munched and we moseyed back to the kennels.

Spending time with Pippin is so heart-warming; once her harness was off, she snuggled into her bed and sighed contentedly while enjoying tummy tickles, ear scratches and lovely cuddles. With two other dogs waiting for their outings, I knew I had to tear myself away, but I could have stayed with her all afternoon. Pippin would bring the greatest joy to her forever family … and they would be the luckiest of people to have this darling little soul in their lives …
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Lovely Pippin is a joyful walking companion and met me with a tremendous welcome yesterday – she is a real favourite of mine and is cuddlesome right from the start!
Pippin 2.1.jpg
Setting off from the kennel, Pippin quickly settled into a comfortable rolling pace and enjoyed the prospect of treats and hugs along the way. She is super-enthusiastic about sniffing out a trail and sampling all the foliage – she’s quite the vegetarian at heart! But she does enjoy the odd boar-flavoured nibble and sits beautifully with her adoring face, imploring “just one more … pleeeeease?”
Pippin 2.4.jpg
During yesterday’s outing Pippin was keen to show her very best side and posed for snaps which show just what a gorgeous girl she is! But she is great at action shots too and snuffled through the undergrowth contentedly finding the pretty buttercups and all sorts of lovely fragrances – which did however bring on a few not-so-dainty sneezes … “bless you” sweets Pip!
Pippin 2.3.jpg
Pippin 2.5a.jpg
Pippin 2.2.jpg
There were lots of other dog walkers out yesterday and Pippin behaved so well meeting all dogs, large and small. She was particularly keen on a little black terrier called Bonnie, whose Mum said that she wasn’t feeling too well which made her a little slower … but Pippin waited patiently while Bonnie passed and seemed to realize that this little girl was a bit under the weather – she didn’t make any attempt to bark or leap at her and just gave her the space she needed.
Pippin 2.7.jpg
After one circuit of the island we sat by the river for cuddles, where Pippin delighted in wriggling and rolling – she is just joyful in her relaxed moments like this. She then sat on my lap and had a wonderful back scratch!
Pippin 2.5.jpg
Pippin 2.6.jpg
And as the afternoon was still young, we set off along the opposite river bank and up into the woods where Pippin found more lovely flowers to sniff. She’s a real trail-blazer, confidently striding up and over the railway bridge and along the return path which brought us out close to the kennels again.
Pippin 2.8.jpg
Pippin 2.9.jpg
Back inside her own run – rather like Meera before her – Pippin went straight into her bed and loved having her face gently stroked and her ears tickled. She sweetly puts her paws up so you can tickle her chest and tummy and she is totally calm and content, loving close contact and affection. A sofa and cosy home must surely be just around the corner for Miss Pippin, whose lovable nature melts your heart … she is a precious girl!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I snapped a few photos of pretty Pippin when she popped by Godstone with Lynne today. A lovely friendly girl!
pip5.jpg
pip2.jpg
pip3.jpg
pip4.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Had a wonderful day with Pippin yesterday we sped around the M25
Pippin46.jpg

PippinMay01.jpg
PippinMay03.jpg
PippinMay04.jpg
PippinMay06.jpg
PippinMay08.jpg
PippinMay09.jpg
PippinMay13.jpg
PippinMay15.jpg
PippinMay16.jpg
Pippin is a 'worry guts', a little unsure about life but has reason no doubt. Over the course of the day she settled and relaxed right the way down. She enjoyed being front passenger on the motorway, we had licks and cuddles and was wonderful in the vets where Mark checked her over and gave her a clean bill of health. We had a little photo session with SarahW then we sped off to Ockham Common for chill time after having shared Cheese straws as a special treat for lunch
PippinMay02.jpg
TJB

Post by TJB »

Dave and Pippin accompanied Daisy and myself of a really lovely, long walk today.

It was a first meet for all of us and what a lovely girl she is. She was quite excitable in her kennel, but harnessed quickly and then we were off.

Whilst eager to get going on her walk, she soon settled in to a nice relaxed walk. We meet a couple of other dogs whilst on our walk, and one off lead. Whilst she wasn't that keen to see the other dogs approaching, she was easy to manage and sat to one side without any drama at all.

After her walk, Pippin enjoyed some cuddles in her kennel with Dave. Another real smiler that deserves her forever home :-)

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”