Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 03.01.11 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
jules

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Banstead Temp

Post by jules »

Got the lovely Mika with me for a few days again. I cannot praise him highly enough how good this boy is in my flat. Just listens to noisy washing machine with doggy stuff in. He's had a long walk over fields. Yay, rabbit holes and molehills,his favourite. Bathed,lunch and now sleepy. Will put up photos later.
Froggie757

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Chessington Ke

Post by Froggie757 »

A real day of catching up with old friends for me and none more welcoming than Mika. It's been many weeks since he moved kennels but I got a lovely warm greeting from him and very happy to be out walking with me, still that very cute Mika prancing! A lovely walk in the spring sunshine followed and he has really improved with passing other dogs, he even took quite a shine to motorcycling enthusiast who seemed to have mislaid his bike! Looking forward to seeing the oh so cute Mika again soon. love4.gif
xxlynne

Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Richmond Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Mika had his booster vaccination 2 days ago we muzzled him and the injection was over in a sec without any real fuss this time. He stayed in New Godstone and today I collected him and bought him home for a break. I have always rated Mika's dog skills and as with many terriers, his excitement on seeing dogs is he wants to get too them rather than wants to get at them, as less experienced people wrongly conclude. Here is Mika meeting Max and you will see how relaxed Mika's body language is throughout.

MikaApr.jpg
MikaApr (6).jpg
MikaApr (5).jpg
MikaApr (4).jpg
MikaApr (3).jpg
MikaApr (2).jpg
MikaApr (1).jpg
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

I managed to sneak a walk in before Lynne whisked Mika away, we walked ahead of Anne with Sonny & Leesa, Mika walked happily checking back every now and again to make sure the others were keeping up :D
We had lots of sniffing but I don't find him very terrier like, when a rabbit crossed our path we raced to where we had last seen it but he didn't bother to investigate further :)
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mika had a fabulous day today in with my downstairs pack.

IMG_20160415_150825.jpg
IMG_20160415_150809.jpg
IMG_20160415_150820.jpg
LilyMika.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mika loves Lily and Lily loves Mika

xxlynne

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Richmond Foste

Post by xxlynne »

Here a few snap shots of Mika and his life in the pack

Mika spent 5 mins licking Tootsie's eye today I caught the tail end..Mika is always on terrier alert so production of the camera moved on his agenda.

In the shade
In the shade
Mika HAS to be on your lap
Mika HAS to be on your lap
Elton tonight
Elton tonight
Slumber
Slumber
Lily Tootsie Mika nightime
Lily Tootsie Mika nightime
Seista
Seista
xxlynne

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Richmond Foste

Post by xxlynne »

Mika is a terrier enthusiasts treasure. I absolutely love every cell in his body as does my husband. I truly have been faultering to home him but a dog rescuer's life cant be about offering their own dogs everything they need. A family can offer soo much more. I wish more for Mika though a chamber of my heart will always be with him.

Mika is Mr hunter....every cm of our garden is his. He loves the garden and is always first out and last in. We often have to trick him to come back in. I have to be honest we have found 2 dead birds and 2 dead frogs since Mika has been with us and he carries it as some badge of worth. He is in the back of the scrubs; underneath a wooden frame or anyway which needs inspection.

When the other dogs are out his is social and playful. He has offered Roxy great scope to relax down with other dogs and we have only had one fight when I arrived home and energy went high and Roxy attempted to push Mika away from me to claim me as her own: Mika did his litte leg nips, as he does, only he actually doesn't nip he just moves forward as if he was. Roxy didn't have the confidence to accept it for what it was. Well 2 minutes later tussle over and both settled together. Most of the time they are playing. Here is the pack this morning. Roxy has now replaced Big Lily in the pack since Big Lily was homed. Mika is never so happy as when he is midst his 'gals' (and Max who belongs in both our packs).

Mika has a special relationship with Tootsie. He is very fascinated and caring towards her. When she is seated in her bed Mika is usually there licking her eyes; licking her muzzle ; licking her ears; snuggled up next to her or sometimes humping her for a few minutes then he moves away or curls up. Tootsie just stares at me or is semi asleep as Mika does his loving caring.
Judy

Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely welcome this afternoon from Mika, he didn't seem phased at all that he didn't know me, once harnessed and with leads on we were soon on our walk. Mika walks at a sensible pace without pulling. Whilst out we did pass a couple of dog walkers, the first dog we passed Mika barked, the other dog didn't react which resulted in Mika soon forgetting about it and carry on walking. The second dog we passed started barking before passing by which caused Mika to react and it took him a bit longer to settle afterwards. We also saw a deer whilst out which Mika just stopped and stared at, the deer did likewise until it got a bit nervous and disappeared into woods. As any terrier would do Mika would loved to have chased after it but he soon forgot about it and carried on with his walk. When we got back to the kennels I gave Mika some sausage treats which he thoroughly enjoyed. I do hope Mika finds his forever home very soon. love4.gif
Sarahk

Re: Mika BedlingtonxFell Terrier DOB 21.01.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Mika is enjoying his time in the coffee room at the kennels with his pal Lily, here's Mika from the other weekend having a cuddle sat on Helens knee...
IMG_7567.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG
IMG_7569.JPG
And swapped to Lynne's lap with Lily with Helen thumbs.gif
IMG_7570.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”