Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008- May 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Sarahk

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by Sarahk »

I was looking through my photos and discovered some of Blossom and Peppermint not long after Blossom arrived with us back at the end of november last year - and for some reason I haven't posted them, bad me !

So here we go, these are from the end of November last year and Blossom had relaxed in the paddock guided by her pal Peppermint, enjoy !
DSC00735.JPG
DSC00738.JPG
DSC00757.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00734.JPG
DSC00704.JPG
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00730.JPG
DSC00732.JPG
DSC00754.JPG
DSC00719.JPG
and with her pal Peppermint ...
DSC00701.JPG
DSC00705.JPG
DSC00715.JPG
DSC00720.JPG
So sorry for not posting these sooner, Blossom is a lovely girl and so pleased she's settling into life at Johns, as Dawn says, it is time for her to Blossom and a new life hopefully awaits her soon with a family to call her very own, she has a lot of love to give and will give it in bucketloads as she learns to trust :biggrin.gif:

Blossom, these flowers are for you mylove.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

My Goodness....how Blossom has come out of her shell....she welcomes you with a wagging tail, loves her walks with her various walkers, and gambols around the garden rather like an excited pony!!!

She is most affectionate and snuggles up close to you when you sit beside her. She prefers to sleep under the duvet at your feet rather than on top, but does come up for air periodically!!!!

She is making friends with Missy, one of the other new residents, and has walked with her on a few occasions....is likely to be sharing a room with her in the near future. It goes without saying,
therefore, that she seems to be good with dogs and takes no notice of them when she is out.

She really would make a super companion for anybody prepared to give her a few days to gain confidence in her new surroundings....everybody who meets her says what an attractive dog she is with her tan and white markings.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Well, that went amazingly well....Blossom and Missy have been walking together for a couple of days and obviously enjoyed each others company, so I thought they might like to share a room together. Sylvie held Blossom on a short lead and I brought Missy in, also on a short lead. Immediately on seeing Missy, Blossom whined and her tail went up and she began to wag it furiously. Missy heard Blossom and up went her tail and into a spin. They had a good sniff of each other and were "over the moon" to see each other....it was wonderful to see.

We'll do that a number of times before I leave them together, but my initial reaction is that it is a match made....if not in heaven, then certainly made on earth!!!!
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom and Missy always walk with each other now. Today they visited the beach for the first time and to say they "had a ball" would be an understatement. Missy's tail went up into the air immediately she got out of the car, and she had lots of new smells to investigate among the sand dunes....she was in her element. Blossom found that paddling in the sea was more her style and, with the sea going out about two hundred yards as the beach slopes so gently, she had a marvelous time.

It is great to see them getting on so well together....a few more introductions in the house and I will feel confident enough to allow them to share a room.

They are a truly lovely pair, growing in confidence all the time....always met now with a wagging tail and bottom (!!!!) but still a little unsure when meeting new people.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom has just come back from her walk with Missy and their walkers speak so highly of them now....wanting to play, trotting around at the end of their extenders and coming back for a quick cuddle before galloping off again.

Blossom has come on in leaps and bounds since they started walking together and she is just one super dog....and a great hot water bottle, too!!! I love her markings and her long, wagging tail. She is very obedient, enjoys her time in the garden where she runs at top speed from one end to the other and then sits in front of you, waiting for a pat or for you to throw a ball for her to chase. She plays with a ball, pouncing on it rather like a cat playing with a mouse.....although she is about eight years old she behaves very much like a young puppy in many respects.

Whoever has the good fortune to adopt Blossom will have hours of pleasure when she has overcome her initial reluctance to show her lovely, gentle nature until she is comfortable in her new environment.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

You will have read how Blossom and Missy walk so nicely together well, today they played, off lead, in the garden and chased and ran and chased and ran for about ten minutes.That was enough for the first time...but it was great to see.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Oh my. What a super girl! When Blossom arrived she was very nervous and not keen to go out with the walkers....well, if you've seen the recent video you'll see just how much she enjoys her walks....trotting, running, coming back for cuddles and then off again to investigate the reeds around the canal with her tail held high.

She is quite brilliant with other dogs and really affectionate.

Blossom would love to snuggle up close to you on your sofa (or try to sit on your lap, given a chance) and if you are looking for a hot water bottle then you have found it!!!
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom is as near perfect as a dog can be! Loves people, good with other dogs, lovely wagging tail, happy, good recall....what else do you want????

Yesterday evening she followed me into my bedroom. She jumped onto the bed where Precious had already made herself comfortable before I had the opportunity to catch her. No need to worry....both girls had a good smell of each other, then Blossom decided to rest her two front paws on my left shoulder and Precious thought that was good idea and rested her front paws on my right shoulder. One either side of my face....gosh, it was amazing!

Blossom is ready for her forever home now....she really deserves it.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Another great dog, waiting patiently for her forever home. Blossom is a true delight. She is still nervous when meeting new people, but once she realises they are not a threat she quickly comes out of her shell and rolls onto her back for a tummy tickle, or lick you to death.

I am really surprised nobody has shown an interest in Blossom....she would make anybody a gentle and affectionate companion and will snuggle up close to you on the sofa or share your bed at night.
Last edited by johnfowle on Wed 23 Mar 2016 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom has had a lovely 24 hours. It was about a week ago when I first introduced her to one of my own dogs....needless to say, a Staffie. They have each had their own room in the annex right next door to each other since Blossom first arrived here, but I have been swapping them round two or three times a day so they have got to know each other's smells. So, a week ago I felt it was right for them to meet each other face to face.

It went really well....lots of smells, lots of face licks and wagging of tails: lots of stroking and "good girls". Ten minutes were enough for the first time and then another tens minutes and then another over the next few days.

So why 24 hours????? I always sleep in the annex bedroom with one or other of these two....enough room for a dog and me on the bed. It had to be enough room for two dogs and me last night and, whilst they slept well, I had hardly any sleep in case things went wrong. It didn't, and today they've spent quite a lot of the day chasing each other back and forth up and down the garden.

I can now confirm that Blossom is good with dogs.....she's a big softee!!!!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”