Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 - 16th August 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Farnham Foster

Post by Rescue Remedies »

During Basil's 2nd week with me he found his voice! I was starting to wonder how long it would take. He barks when someone he doesn't know knocks on the front door and quietens down after. Apart from informing us of visitors Basil isn't really vocal, he's been a fairly quiet boy unless you count his snoring!

Every morning (at the same time) we are woken by the pitter patter of his tiny paws as he makes his way down the hallway to our bedroom as soon as the door is opened he greets us with his tail wagging full speed!
Basil walks extremely well by your side on double leads and enjoys a scamper around in the woodlands on a flexi lead where he can sniff at his leisure.
When out, people mistake Basil for a puppy and come up to see him. He loves people and enjoys the attention. He has been OK with other dogs, we have only mixed with other dogs once informing the owner that Basil is a rescue dog on foster, luckily most owners we've met have respected his space. He had one lovely old Choc Labrador greet him, he stayed very calm and I was surprised when he allowed the lab to lick his face. He also met a 4 month old pup and again he greeted the puppy well. We have steered away from hyper dogs running loose in the park as Basil can get excited quite easily by dogs rushing past so better to avoid these situations.

Back home in the flat Basil loves to chew on his bone but even more so he loves cuddles. Basil responds well to commands, doesn't jump up at people or go on the furniture unless invited, he doesn't beg for food while we eat, instead he quietly curls up on the floor. When its his feeding time he sits while you place his food bowl down, within seconds the food is good!

I have loved Basil staying with me over the holiday break and was due to take him back to the kennels this weekend. Fortunately for him he made such an impression on my parents when we visited on Xmas Day that they have offered to foster him. He will be off to Farnham tomorrow to continue this stormy season in the warmth of a house. Am so happy for him!

Basil boy is such a loving dog and will make someone a great companion. Everyone who meets him loves him so hopefully his new home isn't far off. :)
Rescue Remedies

Basil has been with us in Farnham for about ten days now and has settled in well. He is able to cope with a family and is enjoying long walks over Farnham Park. He travels well in cars showing an interest in all around him. We are gradually introducing him to other dogs so will update this as we go on.
Rescue Remedies

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 2010 Farnham Foster

Over the park again, running through the streams and over the fields. He met a small spaniel and they were both well behaved. Has been out to a country pub, sat quietly while everyone ate, he was fine with all the hustle and bustle even the small kids coming up to pet him didn't worry him. Everybody loved him.
Rescue Remedies

I met up with Basil yesterday when Martin (my Dad) came up to Godstone Kennels to join me for Sunday walks. Its only been about 5 weeks now since Basil has been out of kennels and in Foster and he's really surpassed himself. He happily walked alongside Pippin and Bobby on separate walks and when Cookie had a barking session at him he completely ignored him.

A few hours of walking later did the trick as Basil was fast asleep the whole car journey home- thats a first, I didnt think it was possible to tire him out!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Basil had his annual booster yesterday...always a sad time as it indicates when one of our dogs has been in Rescue over a year. In Basil's case like with so many Patterdales just for being a Patterdale!
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Basil had his annual booster today....this little boy has no reason to have been so long in our Rescue anyone who had encountered and lived with a Patterdale I'll agree he is true to breed fabulous in the home and excitable out on his walks. Pray he finds his forever home soooooon
kashers

Re: Basil Patterdale DOB 01.2009 Guildford Kenns

Post by kashers »

Well Basil has now arrived at Guildford and I had the pleasure of taking him out today for the first time. Firstly he is teeny tiny compared to his pictures. A lot smaller than I was expecting. Dani Amanda and myself think he is like Oreo's twin for those of you who know Oreo. So cute. He treated me with a waggy tail and very excited. He was a little wriggler so fun to harness but not too bad. We went and waited for our fellow kennel mates to walk with and he showed me his belly and we got to know each other. When he first saw his fellow kennel mates geraldine and paddy he looked interested but he had never met them before. He wasn't vocal just looked and was interested. He relaxed in their company very quickly and walked well with them. We had a good long walk. He was head down doing his patterdale work of sniffing and investigating anything in sight. We had a really quiet peaceful walk and didn't see anybody which was so nice. Back at the kennel we had a lovely cuddle and a few treats. Welcome to Guildford basil and I look forward to lots of lovely walks and cuddles with you xx
AmyB

Post by AmyB »

Basil spent the weekend out of kennels and was such fun and great company as always. He met up with his spaniel friend who has a calming presence on Basil and helps him greet other dogs well. He still hasn't quite grasped play time yet with other dogs but gave his best attempt with a friendly pug. Basil sometimes gets a bit over excited but is always alert and responds well to his commands. A firm "enough" gets him back listening and he really does love his commands. He walks very well to "heel" and "wait" and then "ok" when he comes to a busy road stops him in his track and also works a treat when harnessing him up or feed time. After busy day times out and about sniffing and exploring the commons he had a well deserved break in the pub. He loves the attention he gets and he does get a lot, people mistake this little boy for a puppy on so many occasions, its easy to see why with his happy go lucky character and bundles of energy :) (photos to follow..)
kashers

Post by kashers »

Lucky me had two walks with basil this weekend. Yesterday the two of us went along the canal. He was a very good boy and we had some lovely cuddles and tummy tickles. He was much more affectionate and connected probably because it was just the two of us.

Today Paul and I took him for a long walk up to losely which is a real lovely walk. Decided to take the extender lead as there is a massive open field on this walk. This was a huge success and it was so lovely to see basil with a bit more freedom. Now basil was tested today. Firstly a black lab off lead came running up to him and came to say hello. Very proud of basil as he had a polite sniff and hello but then decided enough was enough and told the lab who promptly took the message. Then on the way back to the kennels we came across two off lead GSDs down a fairly narrow path. He was interested but they weren't and just walked past him which I don't think he was too impressed by. When I took him to his kennel we had a few cuddles and I wrapped him in his blanket and left him cuddled up in his bed. Soooo cute. He is such a lovely little boy who I could easily see in a loving home by a fire this winter!
Cuddles
Cuddles
Basil on the extender
Basil on the extender
Bunnyowl

Post by Bunnyowl »

20151201_153154_opt.jpg
20151201_153150_opt.jpg
20151201_152944_opt.jpg
20151201_152920_opt.jpg
I got the real treat of taking out Basil yesterday! What a sweet heart! I have been on a walk with him with Willow and Ozzie but not had him all to myself yet! What a sweety pie! Little cuddle monster loooooves tickles on the tummy! We enjoyed a nice run around in the paddock and lots of cuddles. This boy is so sweet and full of love. How is this baby still in kennels! So cute and adorable! Come on forever home! Room for a tiny cuddle monster?

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”