In loving memory of dogs that have passed
dogbodies4

Levi

Post by dogbodies4 »

Forget me nots ...
forgetmenots.jpg
025.jpg
staffylevi

Tears stream down my face as I remember all the good times, all the fun times, all the 'Levi' times! Three years ago tomorrow we lost a very precious gift, a gift so precious I cannot describe; a gift that was 'heaven sent' and came in the shape of 'staffy Levi'. The ambassador that enhanced and touched so many lives; not only ours but everybody she ever met and even those she didn't. If it were not for Levi we wouldn't be on this forum today lending a hand where needed to this great rescue team.

Try as I might I just can't believe three years have gone by, there's not a month, a week, or even a day we don't mention her; her presence is everywhere - in Sonny, in our girls (especially Jasmine), in all the staffies we've helped rescue and in all those we fundraise and preach for! Her legacy lives on...and through her memory we gain the strength and determination to carry on getting 'out there' standing up for the staffy name. God Bless you Bird! Forever in our hearts and our souls and constantly in our minds. xxx

Avatar is staffy Levi & GSD Sonny; true ambassadors for their breeds. You live on in our hearts & the rest of our pack.
Jasmine SBTx 4yrs, Lilly SBTx 3.5yrs, Lois SBTx 3yrs

gsdlover

It doesn't really get any easier does it?
I still shed a tear for my dear Kruger who has been gone for over 6 years Crying or Very sad
A big hug to you from Herbie and me

goodvic2

That's lovely Marie. Brought a tear to my eye x

westbrom1

Thinking of you - but what a wonderful legacy she has left for so many others.

julieh

What a wonderful tribute.
She was a lucky girl to have had such a loving family. She obviously had a lovely life, thinking of you.

xxlynne
Forum Moderator

Forever...she lives on...

Rescue Remedies Statistics
Registered Charity No.1139407

Nina

Made me cry too, she was obviously a very, very special dog X

ladylou
Forum Moderator

Yep, crying here too. What a beautiful slideshow of your special girl, and the love she had for Sonny.

Run free Levi, reunited with your mum and dad. Rainbow Bridge

staffylevi

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Strangely enough we are both ok; Levi was such a happy girl we know she wouldn't want us to be sad so today we celebrate her memory.

To Levi: 'Thank you for your Life' occasion5 xxxx

Avatar is staffy Levi & GSD Sonny; true ambassadors for their breeds. You live on in our hearts & the rest of our pack.

Jacky

What a beautiful girl Levi was....... I just love staffies and have two myself....the best dogs in the world.... xx

GemmaW
Events / Moderator

Gorgeous, gorgeous Levi. She is to you what Sonny is to me, the whole drive behind helping the other staffies. What a special girl with such a special family and what a great life she has had!

How great is it to say that having Levi has changed the lives of so many other dogs (and people) Something to be very proud of!! Big hugs from me and Sonny and big cheers to Levi x x

SharonR
My Charley was the same inspiration so I know where you are coming from. Never forgotten.

LindaH

What a beautiful girl she was. How lucky are we to know and are able to experience the unconditional love our dogs give to us and to be able to give it back to them 10 fold. I always feel people that are incapable of feeling that love, or wanting it, are very strange indeed and are missing out on something quite remarkable and most definitely beautiful. To be able to share that great love with another species on this plant and know that that love is reciprocated is a blessing and I, for one, am extremely grateful for that. Losing my last dog over 2 years ago brought me to my knees and still I cry for him, so your lovely tribute to your special special little girl described exactly how I feel about my boy. To Levi - a special little lady who was so very loved in this life and still very much remembered in the next x

staffylevi

LindaH wrote:
What a beautiful girl she was. How lucky are we to know and are able to experience the unconditional love our dogs give to us and to be able to give it back to them 10 fold. I always feel people that are incapable of feeling that love, or wanting it, are very strange indeed and are missing out on something quite remarkable and most definitely beautiful. To be able to share that great love with another species on this plant and know that that love is reciprocated is a blessing and I, for one, am extremely grateful for that. Losing my last dog over 2 years ago brought me to my knees and still I cry for him, so your lovely tribute to your special special little girl described exactly how I feel about my boy. To Levi - a special little lady who was so I very loved in this life and still very much remembered in the next x

Thank you Linda Levi was a very special girl indeed I'm sure she will be loved wherever she is... If I could reach out and bring her back I would... I would give everything I own..... xxx

LindaH

I know that feeling only too well. How I wanted to be able to go back in time, so I could spend my time with my boy all over again - I even tried to think of ways that I could do it too, in the early stages - thats how mad it drove me, having lost him. I will see him again, like you will your Levi and we can go walking with them once again, I am sure. x
dogbodies4

Levi

Post by dogbodies4 »

Lisa S

What a wonderful tribute to such a special Staffie angel13
I don't think the sadness & pain ever really goes away... you simply learn to live with it... x

staffylevi

Thank you Lisa...
How very true. x

staffylevi

It's been four years today since we lost our lovely Levi ... they'll be a few tears today but not too many as we will rejoice her life in all the staffies we have staying with us at the moment; if it weren't for Levi we wouldn't have fell in love with this magnificent breed and wouldn't have been able to help so many and certainly wouldn't have our girls. Thank you Bird!

Missing you always... in our hearts for eternity. Hope you and Sonny are behaving yourselves!! Wink Mum, Dad & The Girls. xxx

They loved the bones of each other

The big brown chair... a firm fav with Levi too!

ladylou
Forum Moderator

Awww Marie & Lee, it still hurts, doesn't it? Glad that Levi and Sonny have each other now. love1

Run free with Sonny, sweet girl. Rainbow Bridge

Ian Bridgette

I am sure they are looking down at all the good you are doing....

Morgan says thanks for helping him x x x

julieh

What a wonderful tribute to Levi. because of him you help so many others.

Thinking of you today.x

Nina

LindaH

Arrrr - how blessed are we, to have such special beings in our lives that their love never ever dies within us even long after they have left us.

staffylevi

It's been five years today that we had to say goodbye to our beautiful staffy 'Levi'. We can't believe where the time has gone but Levi's legacy; our girls, the many waif 'n' stray staffies and one very special JRT, Gypsy, that have passed through the 'staffylevi' hub have kept us busy and kept Levi's memory very much alive. If it wasn't for this very cherished lady we wouldn't have been able to help so many in need so every year we like to pay homage to Levi and thank her simply for being her. x

This is the video I made when Levi left home. Most of you will know that since making this vid Sonny our beloved GSD has also left for pastures new and we will always take comfort in the fact that they are together again! God bless you both.

LOVE Mummy, Daddy, 'The Girls' and our many visitors. xxx love4

Enjoy an insight into our girl's life (sound up!)
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?

LindaH

Its been 5 years since I lost my boy this year and I am sure you know that it does not seem that long. It seems like only yesterday they were with us. Your Levi was a very gorgeous little girlie, both as a puppy and adult alike. "A dog is the only thing in our lives that loves us more than they love themselves" How true is that saying. I know she is still keeping an eye on you and all your girls from the bridge - they are all only a thought away from us.

staffylevi

Thank you Linda. Time has gone so quickly; five very very quick years the girls are getting middle-aged... Wink

Ozmum

What beautiful pictures of a very lucky bunch of babies. Good music choice too! X

staffylevi

Ozmum wrote:
What beautiful pictures of a very lucky bunch of babies. Good music choice too! X

Thank you! Weren't they just!!! One of my fav Coldplay pieces. x

ladylou
Forum Moderator

Tears rolling down my face now, Levi was a truly special, beautiful girl. Her and Sonny will be having a blast together up there at The Bridge. love4 love4 love4

staffylevi

ladylou wrote:
Tears rolling down my face now, Levi was a truly special, beautiful girl. Her and Sonny will be having a blast together up there at The Bridge. xxx

Bless you Sue; I'm sure all our departed loved ones are having a right old knees up!! xx

dogbodies4

Levi

Post by dogbodies4 »

AlexB

Tears for your loss. My thoughts are with you xoxoox

staffylevi

Thank you. x

gsdlover

Thinking of you both as always Sad x
staffylevi

Re: Levi

Post by staffylevi »

Remembering 'The Bird' today six years on and giving her the honorary thanks for being the ambassador that she was for her breed and most importantly for the legacy she leaves behind in the shape of all the staffies we have ever saved, fostered, transported, loved... many many staffies; we couldn't have done it without you Bird. Thank you for your knowledge and your life... give 'The Geezer' a kiss from us. Missing you both every single day. :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:

I looked back over Levi's thread and noticed the video I made on her departure was no longer viewable so I've now embedded it. (Sound up!)

Doin' it for the staffies ...
Bertie and Pippa

Post by Bertie and Pippa »

You made me cry again. Lovely video showing her life with you. The only thing wrong with them is that they dont live til they're 50 :( The years race by since we lost them, but in our hearts they are with us as much today as they were then. She was with you then, she is with you still and as long as we still miss them, talk about them and wish they were still with us, thats just where they'll be, by our sides until we come face to face with them again. She was your little star,its there for us all to see in her video :smiley-gen132.gif:
Ladylou

Post by Ladylou »

Your Levi reminds me so much of our Tess. Levi was a beautiful girl, much loved and missed. :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif: :smiley-gen132.gif:
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Hi Staffylevi just watched your video and it really made me cry, a lovely tribute to a fantastic little girl. It made me think of our old dog Winston who we sadly lost last September, he was 15 and we really miss him although we have RR dog Uncle Albert now to keep us busy !!
Love reading about all your other dogs and fosters. Mandy x
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Thanks guys... didn't mean to make you cry but I have to say; I've watched this vid a few times now but it really did choke me yesterday. Glad you enjoy reading about Levi's legacy... she truly was one in a million. :)
Doin' it for the staffies ...
goodvic2

Post by goodvic2 »

Lovely video m xx
nina

Post by nina »

A brilliant tribute xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”