Rudy Staffie x DofB 2020 RRemedies Centre

Staffies that are available for adoption
Julia

Re: Rudy Staffie x DofB 2020 RRemedies Centre

Post by Julia »

So, we went for a walk today but just as we reached an extremely muddy section, my heart sank at the prospect of traversing it and at the same time, Rudy suddenly turned on his heels, obviously not wanting to deal with the mud either. We both decided we'd be better off having some fun in the paddock and so we did.
20240528_143233.jpg
20240528_143235.jpg
Julia

Post by Julia »

Rudy knows a number of training commands and is really receptive to learning more tricks and skills. He is happy to work for just a bit of kibble as well - you could call him a 'cheap date'!  Here he is showing off some of his exemplary skills.

Unfortunately, I let him down with my dreadful reward-giving.

StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Rudy's a nice dog to be around. He's already proven within the family and came back through no fault of his own. I enjoy my time with him. He brings toys and balls to you for a little game of tug and doesn't get over hyped while doing so. I give him a couple of seconds then he can have it. Lovely boy.
1000004525.jpg
1000004530.jpg
1000004526.jpg
Julia

Post by Julia »

I confess, I totally adore hanging out with Rudy.

This time we had a quick, fun game of chase in the paddock to start things off and to satisfy some of his initial, excitable energy and love of playtime. He honestly cannot wait to go play.

Rudy was a very good boy on our walk. He walked on a nice loose lead for a majority of the time, checking in with me frequently. He is learning that he gets a reward when he stays by my side. The rest of the time he went in front but didn't pull, apart from a little at the end as we approached the kennels - he probably thought there might be some dinner waiting!

He was pretty careful with me in descending the bank to the river, where he had a little splash about - as he also did in all the puddles we passed on our way. He does enjoy a good splish splash - it matches his fun, playful nature.

We passed quite a few dogs on our walk and he wasnt bothered by them.  Even when some of them were barking their heads off at him, he didn't make a sound. When a couple of dogs were passing us, he sat obediently with his eyes on me.

Sometimes he can be a bit stubborn when he wants to go a different way but this time he was happy going where I wanted to. He responds immediately to "this way" or if you point in the direction you wish to go in.

We had a brief rest stop for some photos, butt scratches (his!) and for Rudy to give me my usual, thorough face wash

I'm away from the kennels for a few weeks and I'm missing Rudy already.

You will never get bored with Rudy. He has so much character and playful energy and will make you laugh a lot.
20240623_123929.jpg
20240623_123614.jpg
20240623_123553.jpg

Julia

Post by Julia »

Rudy enjoys a splash about.

clairer

Post by clairer »

I nearly always take Rudy out for a walk when I’m at Rescue Remedies. His lovely smile, great joy at being in the paddock is infectious. He’s a very clever boy too, he knows sit, stay and leave it and is happy to show off his skills when asked. He’s a pocket rocket, loves his zoomies in the paddock and usually rewards you with a huge smile.
He deserves to find his furever home where he can show off how clever he is and enjoy the finer things in life.

IMG_1307.jpeg

IMG_1305.jpeg

IMG_1306.jpeg