Pip Patterdale DofB April 20 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
heleny

Re: Pip Patterdale DofB April 20 RRemedies Centre

Post by heleny »

Pip had not one but two introductions to walkers yesterday. He accepted both people with no fuss at all - sometimes he can take a little longer. He loved time spent in the paddock with them and showed them both how he loves toys and likes to play with balls. He was a little star and it is so good to know that now he has other people who will walk him and become fond of his loving nature. Well done Pip. You are becoming more and more settled and other people are starting to realise what a gem you are. bravo1.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

caught up with old friend pip on sunday after not walking him for over a month - he is not one to hold a grudge and welcomed me most enthusiastically and could not wait to get out on his walk-he is a lovely boy who has really improved over his time in kennels and is more than ready to be ensconced in his own loving home - we had some paddock time where he posed for a few pics and i received several ear washes - nothing but praise for the pipster once he gets to know you you are his friend for life
IMG_3595.JPG
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3610.JPG
LizzieM

Post by LizzieM »

I was one of the lucky walkers who has been introduced to Pip. I was so taken by how, once introduced and calm approach, he would let me out his leads on, walk, come and sit by me on the bench in the paddock and 2 quick kisses. I am looking forward to walking him again.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Pip is charming everyone with his lovely manners and sweet nature - this little dog is well and truly settled and is more than ready for his own home and fan club.

Today we had a great walk - we went through the woods despite the fact that there is still so much mud (awful stuff!). Pip doesn't mind where he goes - he just likes to be out stretching those legs and hoping for a treat every so often. It started to rain (again) while we were out but Pip doesn't mind the rain. All in all, he is a very accommodating little dog who never grumbles and just takes life as it is. bighug.gif bighug.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

pip enjoying the sun yesterday
IMG_3631.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Great photos of Pattie Pip. Thank you.

What you see is what you get with Pip - now what exactly does it say on the tin?

He is really affectionate though he has to get to know you a bit before he lavishes his affection on you. He can be fearful of new
people. Maybe introduce yourself to him first through his pen door - once or twice - always armed with a treat.
Amazing greeting once he knows you - after all, you are his long-lost friend even if he saw you only the day before.
He is easy to walk - he will sniff along the way, dawdle if you want to, go very fast also. It is up to you as Pip will oblige.
He loves his toys - so a play in a paddock with a ball or a toy is heaven for this little dog.

Yesterday's walk was a lovely one. It wasn't raining and the mud wasn't too bad (mind you, Pip doesn't mind the rain and the mud).
We met new girl Jessie on our way back walked by Tricia and Pip thought she was rather nice. We never let them get too close but I have the feeling all would have been well. Pip can be reactive to other dogs but not all the time and living in kennels does not help that reactivity.

He has been in RR rescue kennel care for a while now and he is more than ready to leave and strike out in his new home. He is ready for the next chapter in his life where he will have his own sofa and his own special people.
He is an optimistic, cheerful little dog and will certainly be an asset and an enrichment to the lives of the people who home him.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

another great sunday walk and paddock visit with pip and he never disappoints always so happy to see you he walks nicely and once on his walk never seems to react to other dogs - he loves a squeaky ball to carry on his walk and then to chase round the paddock but most of all he loves attention and interacting with his walker (plus treats of course) hes not keen on strangers but it only takes a few minutes for anyone to become his good friend and he does not forget- all he wants is his own pattie loving family where he can thrive & flourish
IMG_3678.JPG

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”