MaggieMae Lurcher DofB 26.02.21 Pewsey Wilts

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

MaggieMae Lurcher DofB 26.02.21 Pewsey Wilts

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
maggiemae1DSCF8761a.jpg
MaggieMae's Story: MaggieMae was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. MaggieMae is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. MaggieMae was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
maggiemae2DSCF8747.jpg
maggiemae3DSCF8742a.jpg
maggiemae4DSCF8726a.jpg
maggiemae5DSCF8732.jpg
MaggieMae's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.

Original referral information: We have been approached by Margaret, who we have taken many dogs from who finds safe Rescue places for pound dogs. The pound is full and they are desperate if we can help 3 dogs

MaggieMae came into our Rescue on the 8th Aug 22
MaggieMae.jpg
anne

Re: MaggieMae Lurcher DofB 26.02.21 RRemedies Centre

Post by anne »

MaggieMae is such a pretty girl and very sweet. She had only just arrived when I met her yesterday and once she had been fitted with a new harness, Claire and I took her to the paddock to get to know her a little better. She was shy and nervous which is not surprising having just arrived somewhere new and met new people. However she is clearly trusting and friendly and I think we will enjoy watching her personality emerge as she settles.
maggiemae6DSCF8719.jpg
maggiemae7DSCF8733.jpg
maggiemae8DSCF8739.jpg
maggiemae9DSCF8756.jpg
maggiemae10DSCF8759.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Dear sweet Maggiemae enjoyed the early morning sunshine in the paddock and then went into the crate in the dog mobile readily and off we went to our Vets. She was a model patient up until they tried to inject her out the back and I heard the screams...then the vet nurse's voice "Maggiemae I haven't injected you yet!" So a big baby and my mind shot to her torn left ear as I sat in the front of the Vets. I felt she has a pain memory very close to the surface.

When we met again she came out very wobbly and I lifted her carefully into the crate and we sailed 'home' and she slept most of the afternoon. Spayed and 1st vaccinated, fully checked no health issues. Clean bill of health.
A_Roth1

Post by A_Roth1 »

MaggieMay and I had a mooch around the woods on site this morning and what a lovely soul she is. Her manner at the moment is quiet and shy, but I think she’s trying to figure out her surroundings and no doubt we’ll see her personality shine through soon enough. She was happy for a little fuss, and when we bumped into Nick who had some sausages, she very quickly decided he was her new best friend thumbs.gif
F8722414-3FEF-40F6-B288-7D2910212B70.jpeg
FA3458E5-54A3-4525-92A6-1E03C7262F03.jpeg
LucyAD

Post by LucyAD »

Had the privilege of walking MaggieMae on Saturday and I must say she is an absolute sweetheart! She has so much personality showing through already and seems to absolutely love water as she keeps trying to get in it every time we walk past a stream, she loves cuddles and attention and tries to talk to every person we walk past and play bows at nearly every dog.
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

Wow MaggieMae she is not only beautiful (her pictures do not do her full justice) but such a sweetheart. I have walked her a few times now and when I go to collect her I get the most wonderful welcome lots of kisses and cuddles. She gets so excited to be going for a walk we end up in a big tangle of me, leads and her which she is happy for me to sort out. Once out she does calm down and is the most laid back walk, occasionally with a little hop, skip and jump which is very endearing. She does keep and eye on you to make sure she is doing things right and also to check your still there. Every time I take this young lady out she is growing in confidence. She has now become one of my favorite dogs and I really look forward to seeing her. She would make a brilliant addition to a family or just as a one to one buddy. I hope her special person comes along soon to show this wonderful girl how great life can be and for her to show them.
20220825_123328 (1).jpg
anne

Post by anne »

MaggieMae is indeed a real sweetheart. Gentle and affectionate. She walks slowly, enjoying spending time sniffing and exploring her surroundings. She loves other dogs and does excited little play bounces when she sees them. She was having a lovely time in the paddock this week, playing with Jack in the other paddock. Jack is not a dog who engages in play with other dogs but he seemed to enjoy the attention from MaggieMae.
maggiemay120220831_125326.jpg
maggiemay220220831_125504.jpg
mmjack120220831_131346.jpg
mmjack220220831_131336.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

MaggieMay still has some nerves, usually when coming across something new but she is starting to come out of her shell and show a bit of her playful, fun personality. If she gets excited or spooked, or sees another dog who might be up for a play, she does a bouncy little dance.
She found something very intersting to smell in the undergrowth today and her head disappeared into the brambles. When I asked her what she had found. I got this look..........
maggiemay20220907_123043.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

MaggieMae went over to the cattery but she didn't appreciate why she was there...

Well lets go and meet Lilly and Gizmo

Perhaps lets go and meet Whiskie, Matilda and Jasmine

xxlynne

Re: MaggieMae Lurcher DofB 26.02.21 Pewsey Wilts

Post by xxlynne »

Jacqui and Paul travelled this morning to meet a few dogs with the view of adopting one. Now Jacqui and Paul are doggie people and I unwittingly walked straight into a trap... MaggieMae was the dog of choice and as we always do, I chose Jimms to walk with her to display her dog skills. After having a great time with MaggieMae in the paddock Paul and Jacqui were walking back and asked if they could ask a question... Could we adopt Jimms as well. We about turned and Elsa got got Jimms out of his kennel again and the rest is history!

JimmsMaggieMae1.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae2.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae3.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae4.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae5.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae6.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae7.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”