Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
sweetpea

Re: Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Post by sweetpea »

roflmao.gif roflmao.gif love it ...Your boys are so lucky .....lovely update and photos as usual xxxx
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Well, he’s made it to the grand old age of 13! Seems like both forever and just yesterday that he ran into our lives and flat, peed on the wall, ate a bowl of food in a nano second and then took the comfy place on our couch. Apart from a lot of bumps and cysts he is good shape and just takes a bit longer to recover after a long walk. He is always up for a trip in the car and knows exactly which ones are ours as we walk past them on the street. He lost a little front tooth a couple of months ago, and the others are wearing down, but it’s not stopped his love of a rope toy or chew ball so all good.

He has trained us to dispense treats when he walks past a dog, when we stop to talk to someone, when he only looks at and does not eat some food on the floor or whenever he decides he is owed one. Summer is his favourite season as he has strawberries, with cream please, and cherries. As per usual he has had Lamb liver for his birthday breakfast, a dog friendly chicken saag curry for his dinner and supper will be more liver. Cheese and some egg were served for lunch. I know, I know, utterly spoiled and it’s lovely to be able to do this for him.

He is such a wonderful chap, an incredible character and is our shadow. All he wants is to be sat between us covered by a blanket or cushion. When he first came to us he used to purr when he was happy and comfy, now he groans like you would not believe - knowing he is so comfortable makes it all worthwhile.
Exploring wildflowers
Exploring wildflowers
With his partner in crime
With his partner in crime
On a walk around our village
On a walk around our village
Crossing a field just behind a combine harvester
Crossing a field just behind a combine harvester
What a face
What a face
Taken yesterday rolling on the ground in pleasure
Taken yesterday rolling on the ground in pleasure
Taken yesterday
Taken yesterday
Another from yesterday
Another from yesterday
Thank you Lynne and Dee for trusting us to look after him and for all who kept him safe until we found each other.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Lovely update and photos; thank you David.

Happy Birthday Todd! If you're anything like our boy (also 13 recently), then you've only got better with age! 🤗
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Happy one day late Gotcha gorgeous boy wheyhey.gif like a very expensive wine you get better with age dear Todd ....you have trained your humans well roflmao.gif
Lovely update and photos as usual ....your dogs are so well travelled and looked after you guys are just amazing .. Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Lovely Frosty face Todd as beautiful as ever and enjoying a luxurious life Thank you!!
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Thank you all for the kind words!

Paul - Blacka is gorgeous and seems very similar to Todd in many ways.

We are doing more travelling in a couple of days to arrive in the tail end of a heatwave in France so they will be on Brie for the duration. Hard life.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Todd turned 13 and a half a week or so ago and although I’m biased he looks good for his age
On his morning walk today on the village green
On his morning walk today on the village green
He is a fan of daffodils. I won’t say why…..
He is a fan of daffodils. I won’t say why…..
He is now asleep next to me under a blanket with his head on Sid’s bum. Not a bad way to spend Sunday morning.
heleny

Post by heleny »

I have so enjoyed your posts and looking at your photos. What a great little dog is Todd! I don't think I walked him when he was at the rescue but I feel as if I know him. You are all so fortunate to have found each other - people like you, who understand and work with a rescue dog's quirks and worries, are an absolute blessing.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Todd I have your, and Sidney's picture in my hall...always thinking of you both and your lovely carers...
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Oh Lynne, I missed your reply! Thank you for remembering them both and today is the 12th anniversary of you bringing Todd, Peter and I home. He is in good shape for an old boy, Todd not Peter, and can still leap to waist height if he feels a treat is owed. We have a dog living across the street called Whisky and both get excited to see each other as it means both get a treat. God forbid you be late or else he is bouncing up and down like a pup.

He and Sid have flatiron steaks for dinner and supper as a treat tonight with salmon on the menu for Thursday when it is Sid’s gotcha day. They also get mussel tablets, seaweed for their teeth, pro-biotics, hemp oil and yogurt on a daily basis so are well catered for.

Todd really is the loveliest of dogs and a complete shadow. When I work from home he and Sid are in my office both snoring away. He hates being turfed out of bed to go for a wee and as soon as possible goes back upstairs into bed. He is happiest sat between Peter and I but will make do with being next to one us if that is the only option. He has to have body contact though and many a Teams or Zoom call has been interrupted by him deciding to join in sitting on my lap. When going to sleep he has to be covered, a blanket in winter and a cushion in warmer months, and a pillow. Many a time I often wake in the night to him snoring on Peter’s pillow.

I normally try and get some photos for his blog in the days before I post but I’ve got Covid so am staying close to home. This was him falling asleep on my leg watching TV (obviously not The Dog House)
D79BD70E-0718-42AE-BBD6-5A6E365D870A.jpeg
Thank you again Lynne and all who kept him safe. He is such a lovely soul and very much loved.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”