Marty JRT x Beagle DoB 02.12.13 - 10th Feb 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Marty JRT x Beagle DoB 02.12.13 - 10th Feb 23

Post by xxlynne »

marty1DSCF8895a.jpg
Dearest Marty was taken from us suddenly today with a sudden onset illness.
Marty.jpg
Marty's Thread below:
Marty's Story: Marty was taken into another Rescue as family were moving and they couldn't take him. Marty became very stressed in kennel and came Rescue Remedies Rescue Centre. Marty can be stressed but providing he is given space he can settle. He is reactive seeing dogs close by so needs low dog density. Marty is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marty was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
marty2DSCF8877a.jpg
marty3DSCF8873a.jpg
marty4DSCF8862a.jpg
marty5DSCF8881.jpg
marty6DSCF8886a.jpg
Marty's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Marty has become very stressed in kennels and our advice and help was sought to enable Marty to try to find a family of his own.

Marty comes into our Rescue on the 5th Aug 2022.
Marty1.jpeg
Marty.jpeg
Marty2.jpeg
xxlynne

Re: Marty Jack Russell Terrier DoB 02.12.13 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Marty has arrived having had a very stressful journey. We need to get him relax in a car as part of his rehab.

However after 10 mins he had calmed down and enjoyed a walk in the grounds He enjoyed exploring his new room and his special person Victoria, who had travelled with him together with Becky, changed his collar and harness. Marty launched into his toys and exploring the view from his room. Later he had a lovely walk with Charlie.

Today he has accessed the paddock early morning, a lunchtime walk and evening paddock. Keen to go back into his room tonight. I can see him relaxing more over time. During the day Marty spent most of his time standing at his door wagging his tail at anyone who came to say hello, or sitting in his bed and watching people come in and out.

He is a bigger boy and we have defo concluded though obviously Jack Russell possibly has Beagle in his genetics as he is substantial in his stance and musculature.
Marty61.JPG
Marty62.JPG
Marty63.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Marty was my last walk of a long day's walking. What a lovely boy he is - so friendly. He greeted me with joy at the thought of going out, leads were clipped on and we were off following Ruby Tuesday walked by Becca. He is such a good boy - no pulling, walking nicely by my side. We went to the river but he was not too interested although he was clearly interested to see Ruby Tuesday's antics in the water.
At the end of the walk I put him back in his kennel with some treats - nice ones - steak!
He is a great little dog - I can't wait to walk him again. bighug.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

couldnt agree more what a star dog marty is - he greets you so enthusiastically and what a lovely temperament - no pulling and walked v nicely with stan bailey and lenny - all positives with this pooch a real pleasure to walk
IMG_7942.JPG
IMG_7950.JPG
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Marty is definately beginning to let his fur down judging by the disarray in his room today where the previously neatly piled toys had been played with and his welcoming overtures to everyone who went into the kitchette area outside his room and those in to greet him.

Tonight was another breakthrough. When I let him out of a morning and evening he has free roam of the surrounding areas of the kennels, my garden and the paddock. Up until today he has chosen to relieve himself and then wait by the door. Today he wandered around, and went into the paddock and was sniffing around when I walked around returning from the kennel block. He looked up but continued to sniff and walk and I was delighted he has finally relaxing and is using his freedom periods.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I have thoroughly enjoyed my walks with Marty, he is a super little dog, who behaves very well out and about, I'd like to walk him some more, but he's quite a popular little soul and someone always gets to him before me!!!! 0002.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we love taking marty out for walks hes so excited when he sees one of his walkers coming thru the door but curbs his enthusiasm long enough for you to get his leads on then hes hyper till he gets out into the fresh air where he calms down and is happy to walk in a group - we would never imagine he is 8 years old he certainly looks and acts a lot younger - marty is a v friendly dog with a lotta love to share
IMG_8334.JPG
IMG_8321.JPG
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I so enjoy walking Marty, he is a fabulous little boy. For a start he is incredibly beautiful and looks to me like a cross between a JRT and a Beagle as he has such strong markings and is, I think, a little larger than your average JRT. He also seems much younger than his DoB would suggest, he is very bouncy when you go in to gather him up for his walk, he is so excited to be going out, and he can really jump quite high 0002.gif] It's very easy to pop leads on him and once out he settles instantly into a really easy pace. He takes treats very gently and is very interested in all about him. I believe he is not that keen on travelling in the car so ideally a home where he can enjoy walks straight from his front door whilst he learns that a car journey is not to be feared would be perfect. It's interesting though that he is as happy walking along a tarmac lane as he is in the woods. He is a little charmer, he barks occasionally at passing dogs, although this is more getting out of the kennels than on the walk, but it really is just a passing woof rather than an insult thrown!! :biggrin.gif:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

So pleased to see this beautiful little boy on the reserved list, everything crossed for you sweetheart :crossfingers.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Marty is indeed another brilliant little RR terrier - how I have enjoyed walking him since he came in. We know his quirks and foibles - he doesn't particularly like to see other dogs but that said he has walked very peacefully with other RR dogs. He can be dog reactive but he is small and that is not a problem as this can be managed.

He gives you the most lovely greeting when you go to fetch him for his walk and he loves his treats which is always an added bonus.

On his walks he quite likes to keep up a fast pace although latterly he has been a bit reluctant to leave the kennel grounds - soon rectified with the bribe of high quality treats. He likes a sniff and a munch of grass and once back in his pen and even mid-walk he likes lots of strokes and cuddles.

Good luck Marty. You really will be such an addition to the lives of the marvellous people who take you home. Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”