Marcie Staffie x DofB Jan 2022 Ivybridge Devon

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Marcie Staffie x DofB Jan 2022 Ivybridge Devon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
marcia1DSCF8691a.jpg
Marcie's Story: Marcie came into kennels at the age of 2 weeks with her mother. Her owner was unable to take her back so has now released her for rehoming. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Marcie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marcie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
marcie2DSCF8675a.jpg
marcie3DSCF8684a.jpg
marcie4DSCF8696.jpg
marcie5DSCF8710a.jpg
marcie6DSCF8716a.jpg
Marcie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were approached if we could take Marcie into our Rescue which we will as soon as we have a kennel space

We took Marcie into our Rescue in 1st August 22
Marcie.jpeg
Marcie.JPG

SarahW

Re: Marcie Staffie x DofB Jan 2022 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Aww darling Marcie. You will have lots of friends to welcome you x
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I met Marcie yesterday love4.gif the photographs do not do justice to this truly stunning little girl. Marcie is the friendliest of creatures, there is little doubt that she loves humans and dogs alike. The first thing I needed to do was fit a harness on her, I'm not great with things like this so there is generally a bit of faffing around. Marcie was very enthusiastic about helping me and offering me encouragement with a few gentle licks, but on the whole I needed her to keep still so told her to sit, which she did! Harness on and off we went, to the accompaniment of lots of vocal encouragement and "what about me" from the other dogs around, Marcie just wanted to say hello on her way past with a nice waggy tail and made not a single woof, squeak or other comment on her way out. It is obvious that Marcie has benefitted from lots of human contact and dog interaction during her sojourn in kennels (effectively her whole life so far) what she hasn't had is too much experience of the outside world. She is a dream to walk, and obviously finds it all quite fascinating right now. She was a little unsure of the car we met in the lane, and hesitated about whether to stop or keep going, but we were stepping back into the woods at that point so it was a very brief encounter. She was also unsure about the steps leading up to the bridge we needed to cross and as I was encouraging her a lady appeared behind us and asked "is she friendly" as Marcie beamed good will at her with a madly wagging tail, "very" I said so she dropped down to Marcie's height and Marcie was in there with a full body wiggle and snuffles of delight. I suggested that the lady might like to help me encourage Marcie over the bridge by preceding us, which she did and Marcie got the idea straight away and followed her. In fact she was really keen on following her 0002.gif] and began pulling a bit, so I very quietly, and I do mean quietly, said her name and she instantly came back to me. love4.gif Marcie checks in frequently with you on the walk, which is very endearing. She has the most stunning colouring and is a happy little girl, although her markings do make her look as if she is a little bit worried about something. Whoever is lucky enough to adopt Marcie will find they have a little treasure in my opinion. thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

marcie7DSCF8656a.jpg
marcie8DSCF8663a.jpg
arcie9DSCF8686.jpg
marcie10DSCF8689a.jpg
marcie11DSCF8701a.jpg
marcie12DSCF8714a.jpg
Jan Case

Re: Marcie Staffie x DofB Jan 2022 RRemedies Centre

Post by Jan Case »

Marcie and I enjoyed another walk together yesterday. This little girl is a quick learner. When I went in with her harness she immediately popped her head through the bit that goes over her head which was so impressive, she then got really excited about me doing up the straps under her belly so that was entertaining and I obviously needed a few licks of encouragement 0002.gif] once out she showed how much she has gained in courage in just a couple of days, styles, bridges and steps were no problem. We even went down to the stream and she walked straight in for a very decorous paddle. She does expect everyone she meets to want to say hello and when they walk on by she stands a little forlornly looking after them, she also has a really endearing habit of touching your hand periodically with her head as if to say "I'm still here" and of course you absolute have to stroke it, her head is very soft and broad and perfect for stroking. love4.gif Yes, I'm a little in love :biggrin.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Marcie Staffie x DofB Jan 2022 Ivybridge Devon

Post by xxlynne »

Marcie picked up a pigs ear as she passed through the kennels on route to meeting her new family and proved the pigs ear was equally demanding of her attention as all that was going on around her. She left her new family Daniel son, Sharon and Robert ...spellbound and enjoyed loving exchanges.
MarcieHomed3.JPG
MarcieHomed2.JPG
Marcie was soon jumping in her new wagon and demanding 'homeward bound' not that Marcie knew what a home and family was before this afternoon. She sure does now.
MarcieHomed1.JPG