Hallie Shar Pei x DofB 25.11.20 Farnham Foster

ajweetch

Re: Hallie Shar Pei x DofB 25.11.20 Farnham Foster

Post by ajweetch »

Hallie has been an exemplary dog over the last 24 hours. I'm not sure what her story is, but it's clear that she has been taught impeccable manners at some point. Totally house trained, sits and gives paws, waits for her food and takes any treats politely ... etc. Her dog skills are so much better than I thought they were – she has very similar skills to those that we observed with Laila, minus the barking! Farnham has a pretty busy dog scene in the parks and meadows, so we were quite quickly confronted with off lead dogs. One ran right up to us and caught us off guard and Hallie simply lay down on her tummy and then pounced to play, tail wagging. She's since been on a side by side walk with my neighbour's French Bulldog, which consisted of her bouncing on her lead the whole way, desperate to run around with him. She's been brilliant, and I'll capture some more of her adventures as the week goes on.
IMG_4044.jpg
ajweetch

Re: Hallie Shar Pei x DofB 25.11.20 Farnham Foster

Post by ajweetch »

Whoever homes Hallie will have won the dog lottery because this girl is so affectionate, fun, calm and friendly all in one package. We're struggling to find her achilles heel. Her dog skills do need work as she is a little over exuberant at first. She gets down on all fours and wants to play, but not all dogs want to play with her and she can quite boisterous. Still, we haven't seen any signs of aggression and everybody that she's met has fallen in love with her ... including Beau, the next door neighbour's dog. Other than that, she is polite and well-trained, sleeps through the night, chills out all day when we work, and cuddles like a huge bear.
IMG_4060 (1).jpg
IMG_4064 (1).jpg
IMG_4087 (1).jpg
IMG_4111 (1).jpg
ajweetch

Post by ajweetch »

We continue to enjoy Hallie, and she's not wasted any time making friends. Turns out she's quite the social butterfly! We met up with our new friend Otis yesterday for a beautiful morning walk. The two got on brilliantly, and we had Hallie on a long line across the fields so that she could play with Otis. It was so lovely to watch. We met many other dogs along the way. Hallie greeted each one with respectful enthusiasm. By the end of the walk, she had stopped the getting down on all fours ready to pounce and play. It was clear that she felt more confident in Otis' presence, and she responded to his cool presence.

Then, we drove up to Suffolk and we didn't hear a peep from her. Another thing to tick off the list! Hallie is kind, gentle, incredibly affectionate and polite. Her perfect home is out there and we can't wait to see her in it love4.gif
IMG_0208 (1).jpg
2dae2899-696d-4924-b2e8-f56f52f5d3df (1).jpg
IMG_4162 (1).jpg
IMG_0236.jpg