Tyson AmStaff DofB 2.6.21 Brook Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tyson AmStaff DofB 2.6.21 Brook Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
tyson1DSCF7554a.jpg
Tyson's Story: Tyson was taken in by a family from his original home. Tyson got over zealous with visiting children as a young pup he is. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tyson is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinated. Tyson was in boarding kennels near Gatwick then foster as an only dog whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
tyson2DSCF7540.jpg
tyson3DSCF7550a.jpg
tyson4DSCF7561a.jpg
Tyson's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Tyson's owner called and asked if we could help Tyson as he is too boisterous with his visiting young children 9 and 11yrs old.

Tyson came in the 21st April 22
TysonAmb1.jpg
TysonAmb2.jpg
TysonAmb.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Tyson AmStaff DofB 2nd June 21 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Collected Tyson from the vets yesterday, with his buster collar on. By the end of the 4 minute journey Buster collar had become a collar around his shoulders. Met other dogs well and showed no signs of wobbly 'post neuter' legs. Let him settle in the paddock then his kennel and later took him for a woodland walk. He was obviously trying to workout why he was here, and sensing out his new environment with an occasional hesitant stop... look at me for reassurance and then walked on.

Tyson is fawn brindle with a hint of blue to his colouring. Above pictures make him look large in fact his is a slender frame dog the size of a large Staffie, I have placed him as an AmStaff, certainly much smaller than an Ambull and wrong colouring. Temperament is Staffie, affectionate and easy to manage. Asked his relinquishing owner how he is with dogs and was told he had always been mixed with dogs. He certainly shows confidence around meeting other dogs and natural body language in building friendships.
RosC

Post by RosC »

I met and walked this wonderful boy today. He is extremely friendly to greet and met several of the walkers. The photos above do not pick up his wonderful colouring - apricot-blue I am told!
Tyson had a nice walk through the fields with Raffie and was very well behaved. Can't wait to meet him again 💓
Sadly no photos as he wouldn't stay still!
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

We had the absolute pleasure to walk Tyson this morning. Wow, what a treat! He’s a stunning friendly boy who walks really well on the lead, as you can see on the video. He loves treats and cuddles. And he knows ‘sit’. He took directions really well. I suspect he won’t be around long, as he’s a fantastic dog. :crossfingers.gif:
IMG20220426103540s.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Paul was walking with Tyson yesterday but before they set off we went to the paddock for some play time to get to know this lovely boy. Tyson was very excited and bouncy at first but after a few minutes of freedom in the paddock he calmed right down and started to interact with us both in a much more calm and controlled manner. This boy is young and enthusiastic and just needs some guidance. He is friendly, fun and affectionate.
Tyson quickly learnt where Paul kept his treats and thought he would help himself
Tyson quickly learnt where Paul kept his treats and thought he would help himself
tyson7DSCF7553.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I planned to walk the trio of new boys on my visit to the kennels yesterday and started with Tyson.

He was happy to greet me and keen to get on with things, to the extent that he almost set off from his kennel run without me! So, we burned some of that energy off in the paddock first which also gave Anne the opportunity to take some photos. As you can see, he's a very good looking boy - I love the little wrinkles on his forehead that appear from time to time!

We took my usual countryside route (bridle path; lane; woods; common) and he walked really nicely. I thought he may have been a bit pully or bouncy but there was none of that.

I think Anne summed him up perfectly:
This boy is young and enthusiastic and just needs some guidance. He is friendly, fun and affectionate.
Until next time Tyson! 🤗

geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I met and walked Tyson yesterday. He was very bouncy and excited when I went into his kennel, realising he was going for a walk. We had a game getting his harness on, but once out on the walk he was as good as gold. He generally walked in front of me, very little pulling, and he was no problem with the other people/dogs we met.
Tyson sat for treats, and will not take much training to become a very special boy love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I walked Tyson for the first time this week and wow what a cracking dog thumbs.gif
He is quite bouncy in his kennel, but with the assistance of some squeezy cheese he was very well behaved, he allowed Emma to fit his harness whilst I fed him the cheese and we exited his kennel pretty smoothly thumbs.gif
Tyson walks beautifully on the lead, no pulling at all just trotting along at a nice steady pace. Every now again he will check in, looking back at you with those stunning eyes of his making sure he's doing the right thing and I can honestly say he didn't put a paw wrong throughout our walk, such a good boy.
Tyson looks fabulous in his photos, in the flesh though he is impossibly handsome love4.gif his colouring is amazing, he has the cutest white socks and a fabulous Staffie smile, he's a really nice size too, just perfect in fact love4.gif
Back at kennels I had a sit down and Tyson decided it was cuddle time, he popped his front paws on my lap and leant in for a proper cuddle, such a loving boy Kiss of love.gif
Tyson he is everything that you could wish for in a Staffie pup, bright, beautiful and oh so loving, I look forward to my next walk with this gorgeous boy love4.gif
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

I’ve walked Tyson three times now and he’s a firm favourite. He’s certainly exuberant when you meet him, the welcome in his kennel is all warmth and friendliness. The squeeze cheese magic helps getting him harnessed up and he’s bouncy on exit and return, but he takes care you know he’s bringing you along for the ride, not at risk in it.

As I’m a clumsy oaf, I tripped as I returned him to kennels and despite landing very close to him and surprising him, he was just pleased to see me on his level.

Smashing boy, ready for his new adventures in a forever home.
April111

Post by April111 »

Tyson is another regular walk of mine, we have a particular exiting routine which involves a chew stick and entering with now leads and only harnessing him once he’s settled a little but this is really down to his excitement to walk and his noisey canine neighbour, not because he’s grabby.
Once out of the kennel Tyson too is an easy walk. He likes to say hi to Rocky pup who’s kennel is on on route into the woods and both dogs are friendly to one another.
No pulling from Tyson, and again likes to check in for assurance. He doesn’t have a lot of interest in running around the paddock, he will play fetch alittle but very much wants some hands on attention and cuddling.
I don’t believe Tyson is destructive in his kennel and is very gentle with his walkers once out of the kennel and out and about.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”