Rosiepickle Terrier DofB 2019 Rayleigh Temp foster

Serious discussions are already underway with families on these dogs, or the dogs have been homed on a trial basis with Homing Team Approval
xxlynne

Rosiepickle Terrier DofB 2019 Rayleigh Temp foster

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Reserved
Rosiepickle (1).JPG
Rosiepickle's Story: Rosiepickle was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Rosiepickle is neutered, chipped and vaccinations are in progress. Rosiepickle was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and now in foster with a 13 year old child and 2 Guinea pigs whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Rosiepickle (3).JPG
Rosiepickle (2).JPG
Rosiepickle's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 12.6.22: Hi Lynne I wanted to ask if you could help this girl? She is about 3 years old and she has a displaced patella grade 4 which will need surgery and is likely to be expensive, It might help get some funds in but obviously no guarantees. She is due out now x Mary
Rosie patterdale 2022.jpg
Rosiepickle came into our Rescue on the 12th June 2022
xxlynne

Re: Rosiepickle Terrier DofB 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Rosiepickle has arrived. She is a poppet. Easy to handle, walk and cuddle! Meets dogs well ATM as a newly arrived dog her nerves may not have kicked in yet so lets see how this pans out. She has a markedly distorted back right leg. We are booking her in for spay when our vet will fully assess and Xray her legs and decide and book surgery.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Now have revised information on Rosiepickle. She was dumped at a vet as she was struggling to give birth. The vets did a 'C' section but the puppies were dead. No one was there to pay the bill, her chip hadn't been registered, so Rosiepickle abandoned came into the pound and then to us in Rescue.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Rosiepickle was examed by our vet yesterday and her left hind leg is normal. Her right hind leg the patella is completely and permanently out with the nknee grovve. Rosiepickle is booked in for 4th July ...independences day.! She isnt in pain currently and actuallu sits on her 'bad' knee 'at rest'

Good all-rounder little Miss
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Rosiepickle was examined by our vet yesterday and her left hind leg is normal. On her right hind leg the patella is completely and permanently out with the knee groove. Rosiepickle is booked in for 4th July, Independence Day, for her op. She isnt in pain currently and actually sits on her 'bad' knee 'at rest'.

Good all-rounder little Miss Rosiepickle
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Rosiepickle (1).JPG
Rosiepickle (2).JPG
Rosiepickle (3).JPG
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I had the honour of taking Rosiepickle for a walk yesterday she is an absolute sweetheart. She welcomed me like she had known me for ever. Everyone we met at the kennels she did the same she is incredibly affectionate. I decided to only go round the kennel grounds due to Rosie's back leg problem but she enjoyed herself, sniffing and checking out everything she came across and a few tummy rubs along the way. After a while I noticed she was picking her leg up so I offered her a cuddle and a carry the rest of the way, she was heavy for a small dog but totally relaxed in my arms. We stopped off at my car for some chicken treats which after a minutes hesitation she devoured with gusto. I left her in her kennel happily playing with a toy cow. She is pure joy and will make a great friend when she finds her forever home. Love her to bits. Good luck for 4th July sweetheart.
rosie pickles 1.jpg
20220621_130755.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

What a cutie!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Rosiepickle today for the first time - what an absolute treat it was to do so. She is just so very, very friendly - before I put the harness on she was rolling on her back for tummy rubs. Once out she had a lovely time in the woodland walk in the sunshine. I had been asked to see what her reaction was like if she met Georgie, the resident cat, outside. We did meet him and there was no reaction at all - it was almost as if she didn't see him.

Someone will be very lucky to take this little treasure home - I think her stay with us will be a short one. Lovely, sweet, affectionate girl. Kiss of love.gif