Princess Victorian Bulldog DofB 9.6.17 Calbourne IOW

Dogs that have found their forever home
Mon&Chris

Re: Princess Victorian Bulldog DofB 9.6.17 Worcester Park Temp Foster

Post by Mon&Chris »

Princess is still enjoying her stay with us. She really is a wonderful dog and we hope she finds her forever home very soon. :crossfingers.gif:
She is clean in the house and very respectful of our property. She doesn’t chew on things – only her toys – and loves being with people. She is a fairly low energy dog and we walk her twice a day at the moment for about 20-30mins at a time as she gets tired quite quickly, particularly when it's warmer. Most of the walking time she's actually sniffing and perusing which she seems to really enjoy. She can be quite strong when she sees a cat though lol so you need to hold on tight! She gets good exercise in the garden too as she loves running about in the grass and sunbathing on the decking.
Whenever we go out, she always gets cuddles from people, which she really enjoys.
She turned 5 yesterday and we had a big birthday celebration at the beach on Wednesday where she got to dip her toes in the water.
She is very food oriented and will sit and wait nicely for her bowl when asked. She's definitely not a picky eater and has so far eaten all the different types of food we have given her.
Another great thing about her is that, despite being a Bulldog, she doesn’t drool. She only drools a bit when she is waiting for her food!

This bed is soooo comfy!
This bed is soooo comfy!
I love sunbathing on the decking ....
I love sunbathing on the decking ....
What did you wake me up for?
What did you wake me up for?
Birthday girl at the beach
Birthday girl at the beach
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Princess really enjoys the sunny weather, but she’s finding it quite hot now. We’ve discovered that she loves the hose and we’re using it to cool her down and have fun.
We’ve soon realised that her face folds need a bit of tending to. So every other day I clean her tear stains and various folds with warm water and a soft cloth. The first time I did it, it was really dirty, but doing it often makes sure there is a lot less dirt accumulated under her eyes. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that she enjoys it, but she is definitely letting me do it, especially if treats are dispensed during the process. She does enjoy the attention, though - as a true Princess she needs pampering!
She’s shedding a bit at the moment, as she’s getting rid of her winter coat. It’s not much at all, to be honest and a good weekly brush gets rid of it.
We’re pleased to report that she has gained some muscle and she’s not looking as skinny as when she first came in. Her spine is no longer showing. This means that she can be strong on the lead, especially when cats are around - who needs the gym when you’ve got a Princess! 0002.gif]
She sleeps through the night in her bed, which is in our room, next to our bed. However, when she wakes up at 5 or 6 in the morning, she decides that she needs company and jumps on our bed and then falls asleep again until 8ish, or whenever we get up.
She spends most of the day snoozing (and snoring) around with the occasional crazy playful moment. We haven’t seen any guarding issues at all around food or toys and she’s happy to be cuddled and stroked at any time, whether she’s awake or asleep. Actually, most of the time, she wants to be cuddled and stroked! love4.gif
If you are looking for a very chilled and loving dog, who loves cuddles, she might just be what you are looking for. Do fill out an adoption form if you would like to offer Princess her forever home.

Play with me, pretty please?
Play with me, pretty please?
More cuddles!
More cuddles!
Can we go now?
Can we go now?
Fun in the sun!
Fun in the sun!
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Today Lynne took Princess to the vets. She was as good as gold and received a clean bill of health – and her second vaccine. She’s 27 kilos of joy and happiness!
A few more pics and videos to show everyone how beautiful she is.
Look at my beautiful eyes!
Look at my beautiful eyes!
Love my new toy!
Love my new toy!
Soooo hot!
Soooo hot!

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Princess looks so gentle, and she's so beautiful. You're doing a great job with her, :goodjob.gif: :nicethread.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

I can’t believe this gorgeous cuddle machine has been with us for a month! She’s an absolute joy to be with!
Not only is she stunning, but she’s also fantastic in a house and extremely well behaved and undemanding. As I’m writing this, she’s snuggled up to me and is making the funniest noises – she literally purrs like a cat sometimes. 0002.gif]
She has met tons of people and was happy to get cuddles from everyone. She’s been really super with other dogs and if anything she has been a bit timid from time to time and will investigate and come back for reassurance. She’s great at meeting dogs too, although a bit unsure at first. As she’s quite big, some small dogs have been a bit scared of her, but she was good about it and left them alone.
She knows her name and takes directions really well. She’s great on the lead and isn’t bothered by traffic in the slightest. Her energy levels are pretty low and she’s happy with shortish walks, especially in the hot weather.
If you want a sofa buddy, well, she’s the dog for you – and don’t let her size put you off, she can curl up nicely and fit in one sofa cushion!
IMG-20220604-WA0000.jpg
IMG20220624173225s.jpg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Princess is so adorable that we can’t help taking pictures and videos of her! love4.gif

Here she is trying a new yoga position:
IMG20220627130607s.jpg
IMG20220627130602s.jpg
And here she is snuggled up to Chris, watching telly - look at that cheeky smile:
IMG_20220628_150911s.jpg
And here's a short video of Princess on a walk, super chilled despite the traffic:
Mon&Chris

Re: Princess Victorian Bulldog DofB 9.6.17 Calbourne IOW

Post by Mon&Chris »

Lovely Princess will soon be boarding the Pirate Ship to live a life of leisure and pampering on the Isle of Wight with Steve and Maxine. As you can see from the video and pictures, they all got on like a house on fire and they're all looking forward to loads of adventures together!
wheyhey.gif

IMG_20220702_115022s.jpg
IMG20220702113123s.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Amazing news for an amazing dog. Be happy princess bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Terrific news 0077.gif
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Great news - be happy Princess.

Thank you to Mon and Chris for the great care they took of you over the last month. 👍 I'm sure they're missing you already but are equally delighted that you have found your forever home.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”