Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 13.4.16 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 13.4.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
chanel1DSCF7896a.jpg
Chanel's Story: Chanel was imported from Malaga, Spain on 13th April 22. Her importing family could no longer keep her as she 'bit' and can nip strangers on first meeting and then settles and best of friends. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Chanel is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated, with a Rabies Passport. Chanel is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
chanel2DSCF7893.jpg
chanel3DSCF7867.jpg
chanel4DSCF7876.jpg
chanel5DSCF7880.jpg
chanel6DSCF7901a.jpg
Chanel's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Chanel's vet found us when they were trying to find a Rescue place for her after 1 month's homing.

Chanel came into our Rescue on the 15th May 22, one month after arriving from Spain.
Jan Case

Re: Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 13.4.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Oh what a gorgeous face love4.gif
anne

Re: Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 1.4.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

chanel8DSCF7885a.jpg
heleny

Re: Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 13.4.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by heleny »

Lovely photos of this great little terrier - thank you! She does indeed have the most amazing eyes. Chanel and I have been getting acquainted over the past couple of weeks. When I went into her pen the first time she was not sure of me and barked and barked but that soon stopped when she realised I was not a threat and was only there to take her out. She loves going out and loves her walks. She will bark if she sees someone she does not know but that is only to be expected - she is only small and the world is a big place. The second time I met her she remembered me and was pleased to see me anticipating another lovely walk. I think she is a great little dog and really, really enjoy spending time with her. woo.gif] love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Chanel Spanish Terrier DoB 1.4.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Chanel is such a delightful little terrier. Although she is a senorita, coming from hot climes, with her posh passport. Chanel engages fully with language and it is evident is she has lived in a home and doesn't have any feral tendencies just finds new people a little unnerving. We have found introductions are best done individually with gentle confident engagement. Given a gentle approach she then goes into submission for the lead attachment and gentle strokes. Once met she recognises her 'now friend' and is ready for her walk. Living in my house in her room she is clear what her needs are.
IMG_8179.JPG

She eats when she choses, she can decide to remain in her bed if not wanting to go in the garden, other times delighted to run from her bed engaged for outside. She loves to jump on your lap, loves to be indulged in strikes , cuddles and kisses. Her eyes shine bright: Spanish Eyes a smiling.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Such an amazing little character with her shiny eyes and cute face!

The first time you meet her she is a bit barky - which you would expect - and after that she is your friend. She is always ready for a lovely walk through the woods and enjoys every minute of it. She may bark at other people we meet but not always - all part of her gorgeous charm. She is not very bothered by treats at the moment - sensible girl - but loves strokes and affection.

A real little character - I can't wait to walk her again.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Senorita enjoys the paddock 2x a day in the coolness of the day. She here is meeting and milling around with Spencer

Yes from day one she gets the harness around her leg...everytime. Have tried a different type on her ...same. She obviously likes to wear a harness like a sash..must be a Spanish tradition ready for the Flamenco
Flamenco.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Channel has not been updated for a while, but she is a lovely girl who walks nicely with our little group on a Sunday :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
carlasandhu

Post by carlasandhu »

Hi!
Would love a Chanel update with some photos so I can feature her on the Instagram ❤️
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

It has been a long time since I have walked Chanel, off we set with Leeanne and RubyTues, both dogs were a delight to walk, they both ignored each other, despite the rain, Chanel enjoyed her walk. Once Chanel gets to know you, she is such a loving little girl bighug.gif

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”