Wilson Hunterway x DofB March 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Jan Case

Re: Wilson Hunterway x DofB March 2019 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Wilson and I are getting to know each other. Yesterday was the 3rd time I had taken him out for a walk and I can see his confidence slowly growing with me and in his surroundings. When you know his background it is absolutely wonderful to see this little dog slowly blooming. He is the most gentle of creatures. Still very nervy of the unknown (which could be a bird rustling in a nearby tree!) but very responsive to a reassuring 'it's okay, we're alright'. On our first walk he kept wanting to circle back to the rescue grounds, but yesterday within a few minutes he was happy to look ahead and even venture in the odd independent sniff. At the moment, if he is behind me, he walks so closely on my heels he is almost stepping on my shoes, but then he gets these little bursts of courage and actually ventures out ahead, and ny heart swells with pride for him. He is a beautiful soul.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

My third walk with Wilson today and each time he gets more relaxed , he stands very still for you to put the harness on as he knows that’s the only way to get walkies , even though he still finds it slightly unnerving !

He was so good and walks very nicely on the lead , I sat again with him and his kennel mates Owen and Ethel afterwards
21DE6D23-12F7-41FB-B573-9E26CC87C6C1.jpeg
giving them treats to get them that little bit more used to people .💖

Wilson would make a lovely companion
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Wilson walked so well today with minimal turning back towards the kennels. He is still not sure about what the stream is for, but I did dip my hand in and offer him a drink! He is a lovely gentle boy who needs a family with experience of anxious/nervous dogs and a quiet home environment. He is very comfortable with other dogs, and very responsive to human guidance and reassurance.