Rocky Am. Bulldog DofB 1st Aug 2021 Lanarkshire Scotland

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rocky Am. Bulldog DofB 1st Aug 2021 Lanarkshire Scotland

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
rocky1DSCF7283a.jpg
Rocky's Story: Rocky has had a very loving start in life but circumstances have changes prompting his entry into Rescue through no fault of his own. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rocky is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rocky is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rocky2DSCF7265a.jpg
rocky3DSCF7267.jpg
rocky4DSCF7278.jpg
rocky6DSCF7296.jpg
rocky7DSCF7316.jpg
Rocky's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We received a call asking if there is anyway we could take Rocky in as he needed a Rescue place asap.

Rocky came into our Rescue on the 21st March 22
anne

Re: Rocky Am. Bulldog DofB Aug 2021 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

rocky8DSCF7255.jpg
rocky9DSCF7276a.jpg
rocky10DSCF7273.jpg
rocky11DSCF7313.jpg
rocky12DSCF7320a.jpg
rocky5DSCF7283.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Rocky is a typical 7 month old pup, full of fun and enthusiasm woo.gif] although I must say I don't think I've ever met such a young dog who is so responsive and oh my goodness how he listens thumbs.gif
I first met Rocky on Wednesday, he greeted me rather full on and super wriggly, he did however allow me to fit his harness and off we set. He can be a little bit lead grabby exciting kennels, but today I learnt ask Rocky to sit and his bum hits the floor and the look he gives is just willing you to give him praise love4.gif
Today we enjoyed a longer walk and Rocky had so much fun, he has bursts of excitement and is very, very keen to make friends with everyone and everything, he is just the most amazing puppy though and regularly looks back, proper eye contact making sure he's being a good boy love4.gif
So Rocky finds lots of things exciting and can be quite bouncy, but he's pretty wonderful actually and responded to every cue I gave him today, I even got a sit and paw, how amazing is that thumbs.gif
Finally, as you can see from Anne's beautiful photos Rocky is also very handsome Kiss of love.gif
lainey29

Post by lainey29 »

Let this bouncy character today and boy what a beautiful boy, very excitable when I entered his kennel and full on bounces for a big wet kiss Kiss of love.gif Once clipped on we headed off to the paddock for a little run about and then off into the woods for a stroll, as Jude says he is very responsive to his name and gives you that side eye to make sure he is doing well positivo1.gif He is very interested in what’s about him and just wants to greet everyone, he certainly made my arms ache a little after our walk, but he is just a young excited pup who wants to make lots of friends woo.gif] and who wouldn’t want to he’s gorgeous Heart fill with love.gif]

Rocky.jpeg

C98C9F06-A8D5-4C0B-98FB-C46EF15306CD.jpeg

92F9E7B4-79F6-47CA-A52E-898288152FA7.jpeg

DC329C73-0582-4B8F-9614-6F658788118A.jpeg
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

I met and walked Rocky yesterday. He was very excited when I entered his kennel, and it took a couple of minutes to calm him down. After a little cheese and some instruction, we got the leads on and went for a long walk.
Rocky is a lovely boy, who wants to say hello to every stranger. We did some training on the walk, and he was much more relaxed by the end of the walk. I think Rocky will be a great companion.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I met Rocky in the paddock with Jan yesterday, he’s such a goof ball and oh so friendly, super pup who needs his own home love4.gif
Mud bathing !!!
Mud bathing !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Rocky's a lovely, full of beans pup. He's strong already so needs some training. He wants to play and likes chasing the ball.
20220409_123628.jpg
20220409_123435.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I am absolutely loving getting to know Rocky, he's such a big puppy with so much love to give Kiss of love.gif
I hadn't realised that Rocky had moved kennels and on Wednesday as I was heading out on a walk with another dog I heard a familiar bark, looking over I spotted him, big old grin on his face wriggling away trying to catch my attention, so excited to see a familiar face, this boy absolutely melts my heart love4.gif
Rocky can be bouncy in his kennel, so I usually enlist the help of another walker with some squeezy cheese while I fit his harness and our exit can be rather full on, but literally within minutes Rocky shrugs off the stress of kennels and chills right down and our walk is a rather calm affair love4.gif
I count myself very lucky that I get to enjoy this amazing boys company every week and every week I discover something a little bit more wonderful about him thumbs.gif this week it was that he absolutely loves water 💦 woo.gif] It was very hot on Wednesday so I decided to visit the stream, Rocky waded into the water, promptly dropped down on his belly and rolled onto his back, the look on his face was priceless, such a happy boy.
It is easy to forget that Rocky is still a young pup, firstly because he is a big pup who is starting to fill out and secondly because he is pretty chilled when out and about, but then you are reminded when he spots someone that he'd like to go and say hello to, he becomes all soppy and wiggly, it's seriously cute Kiss of love.gif
I have a massive soft spot for this beautiful young boy love4.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Rockypup is a bouncy boy with a good nature. He gets a little animated when I don't throw the ball quick enough for him. He's also bit cheeky and likes to push his luck sometimes but he's only playing.
We had a walk around the common where, RP decided to take one lead in the side of his mouth, apply some gentle pressure, then keep on walking. I wondered if it was his way of checking that I was still there or whether its just something he likes to do? It was very endearing whatever the reason.
ChantalPM

Post by ChantalPM »

This boy 😍 after all 4 paws are on the ground from his first energetic show of excitement he is such a pleasure to walk. Strong on the lead and very keen to make friends with others, he enjoyed his walk with Lenny the lurcher and the stream. He settles quickly and most of the walk is on a slack lead. Look forward to walking him again.

7E581C18-3B5C-46E7-8665-F70495FBDC02.jpeg

1C311E4A-9067-44B8-BB0D-3C95A7D80441.jpeg

5AFA1E64-B811-472B-9E21-38FE26503B30.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”