Buddy German Shep x ?Boxer DofB 19.04.18 Boxhill

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarah and Joe

Re: Buddy German Shep x ?Boxer DofB 19.04.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarah and Joe »

He looks so relaxed Steve. I took Buddy for a walk solo on Friday and had a great time. :smiley-bounce016.gi: He loves people and is really happy to see you. After throwing the ball a few times he comes over and sits down next to me for some love. He still keeps an eye on his ball but rolls on his back and demands a belly rub which I was really happy to provide. He’s great on the walk, doesn’t pull and whilst he’ll spot the squirrels in the trees he doesn’t leap after them, just watches them and when you call him he responds immediately. He deserves to have a forever home and a family that can devote quality time to him. He’s missed out on so much doggie education from not having a home, I think with patience and calmness he will be a fantastic dog and friend.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

20211205_132443_1.jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Had some quality time with Buddy today, love4.gif he was very excited as he hasn’t managed to get out much this week but we had a good time playing in the paddock, short walk up the drive and some chill time on the log watching the world go by. He was a bit bouncy in the paddock as he found a Green squeaky rubber bone which he loved but it does get him more excited and he got a bit frustrated with me for not being quick enough by jumping up but he responded to me and sat down and waited for me to throw it. We both got quite muddy as he lay down and insisted I rub his belly at the end of the walk 0002.gif]
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

20211212_142353_1.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Thought we'd take Buddy Boy to the dog field today. (I actually drove into the field after moaning to the owner that the last user took too long....only to be told by a young couple who I was in front of that I was in the wrong field :imadeaboo.gif: )
Anyway, arriving at the correct spot Buddy had a good run out, only stopping a couple of times for a quick blow. We tried out a few obstacles with mixed results but more or less he just wanted to run. He was a little nervous in the van on the way there (which is now rotten!) and cool on the way back. He spent a lot of time just staring at me on the way back. Eye to eye contact is always good.
20211227_122412_1.jpg
20211227_122417.jpg

P.S. apologies to those who do watch these videos: I am aware that I am a mouth breather.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

He looks like he had a great time. I took Buddy boy out this morning and the paddock was nowhere near as nice as that place. Luckily Buddy doesn’t mind, we had a bit of a play in the puddles, woo.gif] , a few cuddles and then a stroll round. He was a really good boy on the lead , not bothered with other dogs walking past us.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Got a short walk in with Buddy boy today and Joe joined us. Buddy wasn’t phased by having another person join us. He did look at Joe a couple of times as if to say ‘ why are you here’ but was happy to be out and about. The paddock was a bit too wet and slippy to play for long so we did the wooded walk and the drive way. Buddy likes to walk with a ball and when he drops it to go and have a sniff he likes you to kick it to him or ask him to catch it and towards the end he invited Joe to play the game. woo.gif] New friend I hope!
Buddy’s not sure about traffic and can lunge at them and today he wasn’t happy with a lorry coming down the drive, a couple of lunges but calmed down pretty quickly and carried on walking. thumbs.gif
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Another great walk with Buddy Boy today woo.gif] Joe joined us again and Buddy didn’t mind at all. We had a muddy play in the paddock before going for a walk round the woods and up the drive and back. Buddy invited Joe to play ball along the way, yippee another friend for Buddy :smiley-bounce016.gi:
We had a couple of cars pass us and whilst Buddy was interested he listened to me and kept his calm and he paid no attention to other dogs we saw on our walk. After putting him back I popped back with some treats and he sat right up against the kennel and accepted all the fuss I could give home and gave me kisses to say thank you Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Buddy likes to chase the ball (in all weathers) but also likes his strokes. It's a joy seeing him content and lapping it up.
(I couldn't find how to mute the video. There is an expletive at @ 40 secs. Might get past the censor!)
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Had a lovely walk with Buddy today. You can tell he’s been out regularly having fun with Steve as he was definitely more relaxed. We didn’t brave the paddock but settled on a walk round the woods and up the drive and Buddy was happy with that, he found a green squeaky ball as soon as we started the walk and we had to stop a number of times so Buddy could lie down, have a good chew and lots of fuss. He demanded a belly rub a couple of times which I loved! love4.gif It’s great getting to know him better, I can see the lovely dog he could be with the right family.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”