Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB ?2015 Walderslade Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB ?2015 Walderslade Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
joey1DSCF5595a.jpg
Joey's Story: Joey was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Joey is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Joey was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
joey2DSCF5585.jpg
joey3DSCF5590a.jpg
joey5DSCF5578.jpg
Joey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 3.11.21: Any room please Lynne? I have a spaniel girl who has recently given birth and needs loads of TLC and an ex working lurcher Joey. Pictures to follow x Margaret

Joey came into our Rescue on the 8th Nov 2021
Snowy.JPG
Snowy1.JPG
anne

Re: Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB 2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Lovely Joey has arrived, so I was keen to meet him. He was a little wary of me, a complete stranger, so I stood still on entering his kennel, giving him time to get to know me. I moved slowly and spoke to him quietly as I could see he was not sure of my intentions. He was keen to get out and he walked calmly on the lead, around the woods, until he spotted a squirrel. Squirrels are super exciting to Joey. He then met Jude calmly and I handed her his leads while I did his photoshoot. Joey took treats gently but was more interested in having a good old sniff around and explore than interacting with us. Joey and I then headed off for a walk and met up with Diana with Wilson. Initially a bit wary, given space, Joey was happy to share a walk with Wilson, who is quiet and calm on his walks.
joey4DSCF5583a.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

david enjoying a nice walk with joey
IMG_5671.JPG
IMG_5665.JPG
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Joey and Eddy had a lovely walk together during the week

Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Dianne introduced me to the gorgeous Joey today and we went for a walk in the sunshine crunching leaves.

Joey is the most lovely boy with a superb friendly manner , he takes treats gently is very light indeed on the lead and loves being out and about ,he was skipping with joy but being well behaved with it. When he raised his tail and wagged it I realised how lovely it was , that’s the graceful Saluki mix and he has beautiful velvety ears .

Form an orderly que ! 💖💖💖💖💖

B203FCEE-DB5E-4AAB-BFAC-3EFEC9510CA0.jpeg

012BB8AA-3561-4C44-9FA0-0B82C23A0052.jpeg

59CD31DD-5422-4B10-8723-00A91BCDC243.jpeg
jan&nick

Re: Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

joey enjoying being out and about with poppy on charity walk
IMG_5805.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Joey this morning. He is such a quiet, friendly, sensitive soul. He was a little concerned passing Baxter (greyhound) but other than that he was happy and joyful to be out. He walked perfectly on the lead and was a delightful walking partner. love4.gif
joey1DSCF6484.jpg
joey2DSCF6486.jpg
joey3DSCF6490.jpg
joey4DSCF6493.jpg
CorinneB

Re: Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB ?2015 Maidenbower Temp Foster

Post by CorinneB »

I have the absolute pleasure of sharing my home with this gorgeous boy for the next couple of days.
Joey settled very quickly in the car and was no trouble at all for the short journey home.
He ate as soon as we got in, had a good sniff around and then made himself comfy on the sofa (after politely waiting to be invited) and had a little snooze (albeit with one eye open).
We've had a lovely evening walk which Joey really seemed to enjoy. It was lovely to see him trotting along; almost pony like! He wasn't phased by anything ... cars, buses or a cyclist and he willingly stepped aside to allow other dogs and their humans to pass.
He ate some more when we got home and is now resting up on the sofa ... this time with both eyes shut 😊

20211224_161525.jpg

20211224_152654.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Joey Saluki Lurcher DofB ?2015 Maidenbower Temp foster

Post by xxlynne »

newyear.gif newyear.gif newyear.gif newyear.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Joey and I enjoyed a long relaxed walk this morning. We walked along the bridle path, along the lane and through the woods. Joey was his usual quiet, calm self. He does get alert when there are squirrels around but he does not try and chase or get over excited. As everybody has said he is a sweet, undemanding, sensitive soul and it is such a delight to spend time in his company.
joey1DSCF6567.jpg
joey2DSCF6569.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”