Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Please follow our dogs progress that are not ready for re homing.
NO HOMING QUESTIONNAIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DOGS IN THIS SECTION.
Jan Case

Re: Kami Akita x Staffie DofB 14.04.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

I always enjoy my walks with Kami, he sets a nice steady pace, with lots of pauses for sniffing and no pulling. I do avoid close contact with other dogs when we are walking, and this is easily achieved by stepping aside when we encounter another canine. I have discovered that if I talk softly to Kami and stroke his neck and behind his ears as the dog is passing Kami just watches them go without reacting. Kami reminds me often of Hamlet, the first dog Geoff and I adopted as a married couple, Hamlet didn't like other dogs either and avoidance became routine. Kami has enjoyed foster breaks in the past with people who have got to know him, it would be lovely to think there is a home out there for him somewhere, he is such a dear soul. :crossfingers.gif:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

So for the past two walks Kami has trusted me enough and been happy for me to put his muzzle on, which makes me very happy. He is such a lovely boy once you have gained his trust and a really enjoyable walk, no pulling, nice pace, he does like to choose where you will go (but it is his walk after all) but he is very receptive to commands of 'no not that way' , or 'I can't fit thought there!'. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely gentle walk with Kami today, he took a fancy to following little Bruno and the two of them had a fab time out :D
14B476DA-3BA2-4F86-A90B-E61E5B36D729.jpeg
49E3F2E3-06EF-4140-BCDB-DFFEFB4C4EBD.jpeg
And Kami also found time to have a good old roll in the grass …
82293E58-CEF3-48FF-A695-846DF3DD7775.jpeg
Fun time had by all x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Kami has mellowed a great deal in the last 12 months or so. He is trusting more people and beginning to enjoy being around more than the chosen few he would allow. He enjoys being stroked and will come up for a cuddle. We always have a great time playing in the paddock when the care free pup comes out in him. He will stand and wait for his muzzle to be put on, not a tooth shown. But the biggest pleasure is the mutual enjoyment of our long walks. I so love this boy love4.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Lovely walk with Kami today, lovely to see him giving licks to Paige too, such a softie really love4.gif

Return to “Dogs in Rehab prepping for homing......”