Robbie Staffie x Collie DofB 31.10.13 Ware Herts

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Robbie Staffie x Collie DofB 31.10.13 Ware Herts

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
robbie1DSCF1545a.jpg
Robbie's Story: Robbie was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Robbie is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Robbie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
robbie2DSCF1540.jpg
robbie3DSCF1560.jpg
robbie4DSCF1527a.jpg
robbie5DSCF1530.jpg
robbie6DSCF1543a.jpg
Robbie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 18.2.21: Secondly we have Robbie, Collie x Staff and high energy! Robbie will walk all day, he doesn't know how to greet dogs if I'm honest so this again is work in progress. He's suit an active home. Good with people, the only issue I have had with him is when we walk him through the centre of the kennel block and dogs are shouting at him he can redirect. So we now walk him around the back when taking him out and that hasn't happened since. Lx WWP

Robbie came into our Rescue on the 12th of March 21
Robbie21.jpeg
anne

Re: Robbie Staffie x Collie DofB 31.10.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Robbie was delighted to be heading out with Sarah yesterday. He is a dog with lots of energy and I suspect he is always up for adventure. Super, super friendly, he was very keen to make friends with Sarah. 0002.gif]
robbie7DSCF1518.jpg
robbie8DSCF1520.jpg
robbie9DSCF1548a.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

k2727.gif k2727.gif
Robbie is a star. Lovely dog.
20210315_151133.jpg
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

Charming little fellow, playful when getting ready to walk and after the initial excitement to be out, walks nicely on the lead, with the odd burst of energy. Very cute boy ❤️❤️
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

I love my walks with Robbie. He is a cheeky little rascal, and so adorable bighug.gif This sparkly boy will brighten any home Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Lovely walk with Robbie yesterday. He's a little frustrated at the moment and has been jumping up and grabbing jackets. Got to say I've not had a problem with him apart from the initial over excitment of getting out of the kennel. He is very keen around the 'treat pocket', which might be what he's aiming for. But as I say, we seem to get along fine.
He settles once he's in his stride and can be funny around odd shaped objects. A small tree stump and a discarded lawn roller were carefully approached and examined.
He does demand 'treat stops' and I try to keep these to a minimum and keep him moving. He's a lovely boy who needs a lot of exercise.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Another good walk with Robbie today. Grabby on the leads on the way out but fine as soon as we hit the woods. Just a bit of kennel fever that he leaves behind quite quickly. He enjoyed his walk and settled right down after 20 mins or so.

He does have energy to burn so needs a good walk, but I find him very manageable. I gave him no treats and he bothered me little with the jumping up business. He loses interest and just carries on walking.

On our return we spent time in the paddock. Robbie enjoyed the freedom. No ball throwing, just mooching around and enjoying the sun. He's a fine lad, full of beans and with much to give.
20210405_150041.jpg
20210405_150044.jpg
20210405_150216.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
I like Robbie. He is lively and short on manners when he wants a treat but he's a good lad with a good nature. Exiting the kennel is his stressful time as there is so much noise to contend with. He can play up a little at this time but settles very well when walking. Robbie does pull for a while until he's in his stride, then plods nicely. Today we found a bit of deserted woodland and found that with more freedom on the extender he walks very well indeed. I suppose he doesn't feel that he has anything to pull against?
We usually have a bit of fussing either side of the walk and Robbie likes to get up in my face and ear hole with his tongue. He can be quite funny can Robbie.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

bravo1.gif The Robstar and me went strolling today. He's always lively in his kennel. We usually have a little over excited cuddle time and a few treats, then saddle up ready to go.

Robbie exited the kennel in good form, pulling as usual, but no jumping around. When we got into our stride Robbie just plodded along on a slack lead! It was our most relaxing walk yet until we saw Tommy + terrier in front; after which Robbie just had to catch up.

Not sure what he's like with other dogs as we've not been near any yet. I find it best not to phaff around him when out. Just let him get on with his stuff and he doesn't get overly hyped up.

In the paddock he was as good as gold and likes his cuddles. He's a busy dog but not unmanageable.
20210409_145815.jpg
20210409_145924.jpg
20210409_150032.jpg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

0077.gif
Great walk with Robbie yesterday. We seem to be hitting it off. His trigger point is around his kennel, where he does get very excitable. Fortunately we have had very little jumping up; which is usually around the treat pocket. He's learning that he gets a few treats and a bit of cuddle time each end of the walk. He walks really well on the longer lead and is responsive to his name. Loves his walks in the woods and I find him very manageable.

He does lack manners around treats/food (and licking my face) but he is very affectionate and bubbly. We're working on the grabbing at treats and he is responding to having to wait for them.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”