Oscar Malamute x Shepherd? ?2015 Bedford

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Oscar Malamute x Shepherd? ?2015 Bedford

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
oscar1DSCF0044a.jpg
Oscar's Story: Oscar is a 57 kilogm dog! Oscar's owner couldn't provide suitable care for Oscar. Oscar had been living in a yard sleeping in a car for 2 years. Oscar came into care and has full treatment and weekly baths and had a programme of flea treatment now cured. Oscar is very well mannered and knows all commands and is attentive for treats and fuss. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Oscar is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Oscar was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
Oscar Large Shepherd x ?2015 Huge Bear
• 54 kilo mass of fur! Apply only if you can manage a large dog
• Friendly demeanour with no guardiness to display
• Needs further confident exploration of dog skills
• Can be forthright so poss. waist-lead to support his management.
• Settles on walks but excited seeing meeting dogs
• Despite not having been in a home for several years housetrained and settles. Loves sofa

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
oscar2DSCF0010.jpg
oscar3DSCF0012.jpg
oscar4DSCF0015a.jpg
oscar5DSCF0044.jpg
oscar6DSCF0024.jpg
Oscar's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Oscar and find him his new family.

Oscar came into our Rescue on the 24th November 20
anne

Re: Oscar Large Shepherd x ?2015 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

oscar7DSCF0009.jpg
oscar8DSCF0029.jpg
oscar9DSCF0032a.jpg
oscar10DSCF0042.jpg
oscar11DSCF0037a.jpg
oscar12DSCF0039a.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Gorgeous boy ...looks like husky in his mix Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

0077.gif
Bumped into this dude today. He is magnificent....and very friendly.
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Oscar is a super boy. The person who brought him to us said he was Malamute X GSD I think?
He's very strong especially starting a walk or if he sees a squirrel, but doesn't pull much during a walk. He is quick to accept friendly strangers as new friends and really enjoys a cuddle and a scratch. Out in the paddock, he doesn't really play fetch too well but throwing a ball for him usually sets off some good zoomies! He is a dog who would thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to run more often! Oscar is very interested in dogs and having been entire all his life, he walks towards them very boldly with tail up. He doesn't appear dog reactive from a distance but hasn't been tested properly yet.
Lovely, lovely boy. If you're feeling strong, he's a fab dog to be around!

Oscar1.jpg

Oscar2.jpg

Oscar3.jpg

Oscar4.jpg
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

We had the pleasure of meeting Oscar today! He is a strong strong boy, he wasn’t intentionally pulling, just so excited to be out and about and his size meant his strides were a bit faster than ours! He listens well, and when two smaller dogs passed us he just laid down (we had moved to the side). He stopped regularly for cuddles, and sits nicely for treats! He is a gentle giant, who sometimes forgets just how giant he is! But he is very very friendly and very affectionate! Lots of love for this majestic boy!

9BFC45AB-B04D-4D83-AB86-8CE9AFC68984.jpeg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Oscar. What a great dog. Friendly and responsive. Not a real handful but can be on the strong side on a wet surface. Doesn't pull for the sake of it, he's just a big lad.

Lovely personality and likes to run around and play.

He stood up at the kennel door to take a treat....and literally looked me straight in the eye roflmao.gif
20201211_111148.jpg
He's a good looking lad as well
20201211_155534.jpg
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

Oh my he is just so beautiful. Surely someone will whisk him off for home comforts and cuddles soon.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

k2727.gif
Your boy Oscar had a chance meeting with Zion and uncle Geoff today. All went well and both wanted to play.
20201218_130708.jpg
I took the big boy in the paddock before we went walking. He likes a little game of chase before we explore the woods. Oscar is a lovely animal and is no bother at all.
RosC

Re: Oscar Large Shepherd x ?2015 Redhill Xmas Foster

Post by RosC »

Oscar has come home for a little break from kennels. He had a shower with Paige and Ella before we left - just as well as I'm not sure he would fit in mine 0002.gif]
Freshly fluffed up we travelled home, Oscar travels well.
This afternoon has been very exciting for Oscar and he has not stopped playing with toys. We had a long walk with mixed reactions to dogs and me ending up flat on my face on the pavement when I managed to trip over him - how do you even manage to do that with a large dog ? 0002.gif]
Oscar is a lovely boy, however a bit overwhelmed with where he is, he has been panting a lot so still a little excited and stressed this evening but I hope will settle soon. He is playing a lot with his toys but we are not playing with him in an effort not to get him over excited. I think he is happy though!
As I am writing he has given up and laid down with his eyes shut thumbs.gif
He is a bit of a bull in a china shop and only having a little house we are taking bets on how long the Christmas tree will stay upright as he keeps charging in to it! lol.gif
Looking forward to finding out more about this gorgeous boy love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”