Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Small Dole W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahMc

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahMc »

Well done Rodney. He is like a different dog away from kennels, more confident and relaxed. So lovely to see him not phased by another dog 👍🏼

Thank you Steve for giving Rodney another break from kennels, I am missing him on a Saturday morning though!! 😭😂
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Meet Rodney for the first time today and whilst we waited out front for Anne and Evie with Peaches and Ollie respectively Rodney decided to show me around the perimeter of the site and the large paddock. As the paddock was occupied he was happy to go towards one of the paths off the site, here we did sit, paw and then lay down whilst waiting, then once joined by the other dogs we then set off on a little pack walk. Rodney was happy walking in the middle or out front with slack lead near Peaches. He’s a lovely gentle sensitive boy who seems to prefer dog company on his walks :smiley-chores002.gif:
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

I’ve not seen Rodney for a few weeks and it was lovely to see him. We had some time in the paddock and a walk around the woods.

454C52C7-0CDC-4218-9A07-E9E01FDE121C.jpeg

79225A7A-FF3C-4CEA-9FD2-3185DD6E373A.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Rodney walked with Genie and Bonnie on a reasonably long walk through the woods and along some roads. He much preferred being at the front than the middle and Bonnie took quiet a shine to him. He's quiet a plodder and easy on the lead when walking with others dogs he is relaxed with. Close to the kennels he was noticeably tired and happy to have Bonnie still in awe of him, he even wanted to walk her back to the kennel .... once she was in he then directed me to the paddock. A few fetches with the ball, but really he just wanted to lay on the grass and have his belly tickled.
Rodney 3.jpg
Rodney.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Wonderful foster updates!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Another lovely morning with Rodney 💙
Come on Rodney’s home 🤞🏼

28028C60-FC13-437F-85C9-497C37703255.jpeg

E59C987B-752E-4632-B501-B18FC5CD3E0C.jpeg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

I was very happy I had Rodney on my list on Sunday as I hadn't walked him for a while.
He's such a gorgeous hunk of a dog and is great to spend time with. On sunday he was happy goofing about in the paddock rolling around on his back waiting for his belly to be tickled. After the paddock, he didn't fancy walking far so we mooched through the woods and then he was happy chilling out on a bench for cuddles and a treat.
Hope your forever home comes soon Rodney!

20200720_211123.jpg

20200720_211001.jpg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

(King) Rodney wasn’t keen on walking far on Monday with his follower Bonnie, and preferred the grounds and paddock, but today following Genie he was very keen to have a good walk. When Genie had his roll arounds I called Rodney to be a bit closer (to give Genie a bit more space), Rodney seemed to think this also meant sit, then paw and tried to help me realise all this all needed to be rewarded 0002.gif] Rodney was happy to plod following Genie. Rodney has character, he’s a bit stubborn, a bit cheeky and gives nose nudges as a form of closeness on the walk... at the stream he went into big puppy mode jumping around and wanting to play with the big stick he found. Once out and up the slope his bounce did continue, but with a straightforward ‘no’ he was quick to go back to an nice walk. Back at the kennels Rodney wanted his paddock time / fetch / you give his belly a scratch....it doesn’t have to be long, but must occur. This boy does entertain and is sure for you to know what he’d like to do with his time out of the kennel. love4.gif
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Met Rodders for the first time today and he was such a good boy ! We went for a nice walk in the woods by the kennels then up and down the quiet part of the lane for a bit as I had read he didn’t like traffic and I wanted our first outing to be chilled, he is just like my dog when he tries to explain exactly where he wants to go by stopping , gazing at you , then pulling you in his desired direction ( in this case toward the paddock) on this occasion I decided to be the boss and guided him away and back up the woods, he looked at me with his cute sulky face on and after a little bit of resistance decided I was the boss and carried on walking very happily , I read later he wasn't walked much at his previous kennels off site , so will try and get him out of his comfort zone again, although I felt a tiny bit guilty.Rodney was so well behaved and when he forgot about himself and began to enjoy being out and about he forged ahead a walked beautifully . I took a vid and some photos .Rodney is a large dog , and does sometimes bark at other dogs at close range but is easily controlled as he has such a lovely nature , we had a lot of kisses and cuddles ! He is really cuddly ! XxxX
look at the camera Rodney, no ;0) I am not a performing seal
look at the camera Rodney, no ;0) I am not a performing seal
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Bit of a long one today. He's worth the ink!
The Rodney has been over for a long weekend. He's such a great guest and great round the place. Very affectionate and easy to handle. Very good around food and anything he shouldn't be near. Responds well to his name and I experience him with an excellent temperament.
We go out walking 3 times a day and he especially likes his 10.30pm poodle around the block. He's very calm at this time with fewer cars around. He walks much better away from the kennels and is keen to explore new places.

He is a creature of habit and at times will stall if he wants, or doesn't want, to go a certain way. He's easily moved on though.

Rodney likes to save a little food to nibble on later in the day so doesn't eat the serving all in one go. At first I thought he was unsettled but when relaxed he just eats when pleases.

Loud noises, especially from behind, unsettle him and main roads are not his first choice. However while waiting for a biryani the other night positivo1.gif I got him out of the van and stood on the pavement near a busy main road and he was fine. Even the Indian guys came out and gave him a stroke!

He seems fine around people and met a few friends of mine yesterday. Had a visitor to the door and he accepted the hand and then sat next to them on the settee.

He shows interest in other dogs, sometimes he wants to play, other times he barks. This depends on how they approach him. In the park a small offlead came and stood by him and he was fine. The same dog ran at him on a previous occasion, he reacted and was very strong on the lead.

All in all a fantastic mutt to have around. A loyal and affectionate friend.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”