Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Warlingham

Dogs that have found their forever home
EmmaD

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Bucks Temp Foster`

Post by EmmaD »

Dear Happy to Help, thank you so much for the wonderful break you have given Louie, and for showing what a super dog he is in a home environment. Louie is such a smart and loving dog, as your investment in him has shown, his forever home can't come soon enough. I'll see you soon Louie ❤️
Broomstick

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Broomstick »

Louie appears to have settled back in ok. He is such an affectionate chap and loves sniffing about to see who has been around. We have been walking with Buster who is a lovely quiet soul and the perfect partner for walking with Louie. Louie wants to keep up with him and does not want to be far from his quiet friend. Over the weekend he met Kami through the paddock fence and really enjoyed the experience doing some lovely play bows and tail wagging. Patient Louie would love a quiet home where he can be have a good run around in his own garden and be loved as much as he deserves. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

On Sunday, I was finishing up a walk with Louie. We passed Macey (Romanian crossbreed) in the paddock, who was running around and playing.
Louie wanted to run up to her. So we did. And they had lovely play time on either side of the fence! I tried the best I could to let Louie move with her without tension on the lead and he just loved her 😍🥰
Play bows, trying to sniff each other’s bottoms, high pitched barking and soft wagging tails.
It was lots of fun watching these two together ❤️
Here’s hoping Louie and I see Macey again next Sunday!
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

How lovely to hear that Louie is getting to know other dogs at the kennels and he’s responding well to safe encounters. His foster break was such a success we hope it won’t be long before his forever family come along. Thank you to everyone who has welcomed him back to Gatwick in such a positive way, he’s such a dear dog who is loved by many of us.
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Dear Louie had such fun today in the river he ran up and down biting the water and dipping his head in. Then we went to the paddock for some zoomies and some serious cuddles. If you stroke Louie between his eyes he closes them and looks to be having a sleep. He has a lot of friends now and is good at meeting new people. Louie would be such a happy boy if he had a home of his own, let’s hope it’s not too long now. I can imagine him with a quiet home and loving owners who will give him time to settle in then enjoy all the love he has to give.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

On one of his outings with volunteer Mel, Louie enjoyed a splash about in the stream 💦 💙

Happy to help

Post by Happy to help »

We miss Louie and his smile and warmth. I am glad to hear he is getting some safe exposure to other dogs. Let me know how we can help get him in to a forever home. He is such a great companion.
from his recent foster home carer
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Louie was such a good boy today, he is slowly learning to ignore the fluffy boy with a big voice who is opposite his kennel and shouts at him when he passes. Louie has a positive reaction to quiet dogs who ignore him but finds it challenging when dogs bark at him as I’m not sure he understands what they mean. He loved his splash in the river and enjoyed lots of cuddles in the paddock. Lots of squirrels are about at the moment and this provides some fun trying to see where they get to up in the trees. Louie is the most amazing loving and loyal dog his manners are impeccable he just needs someone to give him a chance, he really isn’t a difficult boy as long as you have time to love him he will repay this 10 times over. He would not like to live with cats as they make him too excited and my guess is that as an only dog he would really shine. Please consider Louie if you think you have the time to commit to this very special dog.
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Louie was in a really happy mood today, he was bouncing around in the paddock splashing in the little pool before we set off up the road and back through the woods. He did his usual swim in the stream which he really loves especially catching the floating acorns. Back in his kennel i sat in the floor with him and he resented his head on my lap to enjoy some stroking before i had to leave. It is difficult to leave him as he has so much love to give and just needs someone to see past the muzzle and recognise that it actually gives you confidence out and about with dogs who are not managed and run up uninvited. To know Louie is to love Louie and he has many friends at Rescue Remedies who are all surprised he hasn’t been snapped up by someone with no other pets and a secure garden. Please hurry up special person. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I used to walk Louie before he went off to Guildford kennels and since he has been back, he is so popular I haven't had the chance to walk him. Today was my chance and we had the most relaxed, happy walk I could of wished for. Louie was a good boy getting ready, left his kennel quietly not bothering about the other dogs shouting and was happy just to mooch along wherever I asked him to go. It was hot so Louie was able to stop and have a cool off in the stream. All in all he was perfect throughout the walk. thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”