Louie (Chewy) Lakeland Terrier DofB 21.02.19 Fleet

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Louie (Chewy) Lakeland Terrier DofB 21.02.19 Fleet

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
chewy1DSCF4307a.jpg
Chewy's Story: Chewy grew up a long side and baby. He is your typical Lakie and as a 1 year old was playing with water and to toddler joined in and he caught her and was told off and in the panic caught the mother. He was rehomed to an older couple who instincts were to try and calm/ control and he air snapped twice in the first 48 hours so found himself staying with his litter sister living close to his 2nd home. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Chewy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Chewy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
chewy2DSCF4291.jpg
chewy3DSCF4294.jpg
chewy4DSCF4298.jpg
chewy5DSCF4299a.jpg
chewy6DSCF4304.jpg
Chewy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Chewy as an emergency
Chewy.jpg
Chewy1.jpg
Chewy2.jpg
April111

Re: Chewy Lakeland Terrier DofB 21.02.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by April111 »

I took Chewy out for a walk this afternoon. He was happy and unsure at the same time to allow me entry to his kennel and so have a few barks but was very accepting of me putting the leads on.
We had a walk around the block and play in the paddock and I found Chewy to be a delight. Great on the lead, good at playing fetch but a little reluctant to let me catch him to put the lead back on and end the paddock time, some persuasion with treats and he let me give him a stroke and clip the leads on.
I’m surprised to see Chewy isn’t a year old and such a shame to read he’s been through a few homes already. Chewy is a lovely little chap, showed some nerves but that’s hardly surprised given the change, new people and lots of dogs, but he only expressed that with a few barks. I found him to be a delight (I think I’ve said that already) and couldn’t help but give him cuddles and wow what a coat he has on him.
Fingers crossed for you Chewy :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took chewy out with logan today and after a single bark he was fine settling down nicely with logan for a v good natured walk - he has such a lovely fluffy coat and a great nature to match his gorgeous looks and was a real pleasure to walk - lets hope he doesnt wait too long and his terrier understanding family find him quickly
IMG_5662.JPG
IMG_5661.JPG
Last edited by jan&nick on Wed 08 Apr 2020 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Steph.Laura

Post by Steph.Laura »

Had a lovely walk with Chewy yesterday. He was very happy to have his lead put on and head out which he couldn’t wait for. He is a little nervous around busy roads and prefers the quieter paths. He is also dubious of walking on new surfaces, bridges etc. but built up the confidence quickly to go over them. Very proud of him. We had a delightful walk then played some fetch in the paddock which he enjoyed a lot! I know he will find an understanding and loving family very soon until then I look forward to our next walk.
66239A02-180C-4889-978C-C1065E98C5E1.jpeg
xxlynne

Re: Chewy Lakeland Terrier DofB 21.02.19 Fleet

Post by xxlynne »

Our little boy was wagging his tail today a hundred times meeting Emma and walking with Eddie the JRT.
ChewyHomed1.JPG
CHewyHomed2.JPG
Chewy didn't put a paw wrong as he hasnt all week so Chewy emerged out the other side of Rescue, finding his lifelong partner with a skip in his step!
ChewyHomed.JPG
Orla

Post by Orla »

Great news! Chewy looks gorgeous and I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet him but so pleased he’s found his new home 👏👏
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

thought you wouldnt be here long - nice to think of you tucked up in your cosy new home tonite xxxx chewy
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: well done chewy! Be happy xx
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

On behalf of chewy’s new family .....
A306570B-0813-4F0E-87B9-739DB1A634DE.jpeg
Julieannjohnson

Post by Julieannjohnson »

Hi I'm chewy nanna and am so pleased to see he has found his new family. We will miss him very much and never forget him from our thoughts. Have a great time with your new family. Please post photos from time to time so that we know how he is doing. He is a gorgeous dog. Miss you my darling chewy. 😘

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”