Bridget Greyhound DofB ?2016 Petersfield Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bridget Greyhound DofB ?2016 Petersfield Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bridget1DSCF3249a.jpg
Bridget's Story: Bridget is an ex racing greyhound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Bridget is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bridget was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bridget4DSCF3251.jpg
bridget5DSCF3255.jpg
bridget6DSCF3293.jpg
bridget7DSCF3297.jpg
bridget8DSCF3290.jpg
Bridget's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to offer Bridget her chance of a lifetime!

Bridget came into our Rescue on 18th February 2020
anne

Re: Bridget Greyhound DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Bridget has a beautiful soul. She is so gentle, friendly and calm and is making many friends at RR. Yesterday she walked with Amiee, accompanied by Buster and I. Bridget much prefers to share her walk with a canine friend than walk alone and it was clear immediately that Buster and Bridget were drawn to each other. I trust Buster completely with other dogs and he wanted to be close to Bridget. Bridget was more than happy with this, also choosing to be as close as possible to Buster for most of the walk. love4.gif
bridgetbuster1DSCF3358.jpg
bridgetbuster2DSCF3359.jpg
bridgetbuster3DSCF3360.jpg
Elaine.scott1

Re: Bridget Greyhound DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

Bridget is the sweetest girl, beautiful inside and out. We enjoyed a walk with Leeanne and Ridders, we were accompanied by a couple on a taster. Bridget and Ridders, are so well connected, Bridget is not keen on the mud, which is quite difficult to avoid at the moment! Both dogs are so chilled out, and love having treats, Bridget and Ridders would make a perfect addition to a lucky family bravo1.gif
KateM17

Re: Bridget Greyhound DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by KateM17 »

Bridget is back with her RR family.
I had the most brilliant time with Bridget today. We made friends and then I entered her kennel, she knew she was off out for an adventure! Bridget is a gentle soul, very calm and timid. She takes her treats ever so gently, that was until she met up with Uncle Terry, who obviously had something that was well worth grabbing! After her initial excitement, we took a stroll down the lane, she occasionally stopped, but a gentle, 'come on Bridget' and the offer of a treat, was enough to get her moving again. After our initial stroll down the lane, we ventured into the woodland walk, passing the Poets Hut initially and just taking it easy. On our way back, Bridget decided to pop into the Poets Hut and stood there majestically, whilst I took a break, sat down and just stroked and talked to her. She sniffed out the treats, but I just couldn't resist giving her the occasional sausage. Bridget is very engaging with her walker, she walked very close beside me and constantly looked up to me. She has beautiful eyes (and teeth) and a soft coat to stroke. To walk Bridget is just so calming. She was relaxed, I was relaxed and we just walked in the sunshine, because we could. I'm really not a greyhound kind of walker, but believe me, they are the most chilled dogs I have ever walked. Bridget needs to find her forever home, that will embrace her and spend the time with her and offer the security and forever sofa that she so deserves. Bridget, if the country isn't on lock down next week, I will walk you. Beautiful girl. XX :smiley-bounce016.gi:
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you for the lovely update xxxxkara
Stevesmj

Re: Bridget Greyhound DofB ?2016 Temp Foster S. Croydon

Post by Stevesmj »

Bridget came home with me for a short break.
Had to lift her into the car as she was so nervous. Fortunately not a long journey. Once I'd lifted her out the other end lol.gif she got the tour. Landlords admired her...through the window, before she crowned the garden.
(Yes I will take her harness off when she wakes up. I kept meaning to give her a spin round the block)

Took a while to settle as she tried here
20200325_182837_1.jpg
Then found here
20200325_183800_1.jpg
Then tried this
20200325_201734_1.jpg
Didn't quite get the hang of this
20200325_184930_1.jpg
But settled on this
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Will keep you updated when she finally moves roflmao.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Day 2 with Bridget and must say she's been excellent with the toiletries bravo1.gif .
I felt a rustling in the night and then a bit of shaking (this is not unusual!) but Bridget was telling me she needed the garden. What a girl positivo1.gif . Who cares if it was 4am. No accidents right.
She is a lovely girl who just seems lost and in need of care. I'm sure she will enjoy her new life when given the time and patience she needs. I know the RR people have been giving her this. It's clear to see what that industry takes from these poor creatures.
I can't get her to walk far at the moment as it's all a tad new but she's happy in the garden and is getting used to wandering in and out as she pleases.
On awakening and after her ablutions and some food, she ended up in the sun here 8.30
20200326_102419.jpg
I dozed on the chaise longue until 10.30 . Note the same position roflmao.gif
20200326_102230_1.jpg
I readied myself and approached with leads and harness. Note similar position. Gone 11am roflmao.gif
20200326_104733_1.jpg
Anyway we got out and spent the afternoon with friend. A few laps round the garden and the rest of the time in bed by the radiator. Bridget that is!
20200326_175632_1.jpg
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

I think I'm in love … love4.gif
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

20200328_081612.jpg
Stevesmj

Post by Stevesmj »

Last day with our Bridget before she returns to RR. She fell off the settee last night, landed here and stayed there. Impressive!
IMG_20200331_160121360.jpg
roflmao.gif
Not knowing much outside of kennels, she has been remarkably well behaved around the house. There are of course a few issues around things (being left alone and needing confidence to get out for walks) but I get the sense that she could, with time, settle quite nicely.

We have a little routine going that she has started to respond to. She is overcoming the nerves of the first few days and is now wandering in and out as she's pleases. I have been carrying her to the car as she will not go near it and I won't drag her. However, when we get to the park she has now jumped out twice of her own accord.

At times she seems to need some kind of stimulation, that I can't give because I don't know what it is. She is not unruly but tries to tell me something that I can't understand? Maybe she just wants more food :dog-115.gif:

She is very good natured and affectionate in that subtle greyhound manner. We've had no accidents indoors. She will tell you when she needs the garden. It's been a pleasure having her stay.
20200327_072837.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”