Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 West Malling

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 West Malling

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
delta1DSCF2199b.jpg
Delta's Story: Delta was homed via a friend of a friend living in a mixed multi-dog household. Her owner found he financially couldn't care for so many dogs so asked us if we could offer Delta a rescue place. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Delta is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Delta was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and then in foster as an only dog whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
delta2DSCF2185.jpg
delta3DSCF2182a.jpg
delta4DSCF2188.jpg
delta5DSCF2187.jpg
Delta's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Urgent call from a friend asking us to help Delta
"Delta is good with dogs, sometimes a little unsure but has never caused any issues and once she realises its OK she comes out of her shell. Delta loves the attention of people, would sleep next to you on the sofa all day if she could. Not good with small furries she has never lived with children but personally if someone put the right boundaries in place she would be fine with them. Wouldn't say kids under than 12 ish just as she can be clumsy. She would settle into family life really nicely with the right people.
Only 2 things: I feed her separately as she can get a bit possessive with her meal, not around people but conscious of the other dogs. She is fine sharing treats within my pack of 8 dogs. Being a Presa if challenged by another dog, they tend not to back down.

Final thing she hates baths!

Delta came into Rescueremedies on the 8th Dec 2019
RosC

Re: Delta Presa Canario x Shar pei DofB 06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

OMG!! I dropped Marv off this morning and Eddie took me over to see Delta. What a beautiful girl such a kind face and friendly body language. If only Bertha wanted a new sister!!
This girl will be very popular with the walkers but I don't think she will be with us for long love4.gif
anne

Re: Delta Presa Canario x Shar pei DofB 06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

delta6DSCF2173.jpg
delta7DSCF2181a.jpg
delta8DSCF2191.jpg
delta9DSCF2193.jpg
delta10DSCF2196.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Delta Presa Canario x Shar Pei DofB 06.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Natalie asked me to pop her amazing pics of Delta on here, everyone who meets Delta falls for her charms love4.gif
FBA13E93-174B-4188-9B08-A6CC2F0E9CCD.jpeg
A929D7FE-2D9C-46F4-86EE-6D426293E589.jpeg
739B7104-568F-4EB6-BD6B-85637C58B38C.jpeg
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Julieh

Re: Delta Presa Canario DofB Gatwick Kenns

Post by Julieh »

So so beautiful, and will
Never understand why people do that to their lovely ears 😔
She looks so adorable , hope her home comes soon
Jude&Alf

Re: Delta Presa Canario DofB Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh my goodness what an absolute beauty Kiss of love.gif
Really hope I get the chance to meet this lovely girl, but even more I wish for someone to come along and sweep Delta up into the most perfect home, that face Heart fill with love.gif]
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So today I got my first wish, I was the lucky one who got to walk darling Delta love4.gif
I received the most wonderful of welcomes in her kennel, lovely, bouncy cuddles and within seconds I had fallen in love with this amazing girl, she is just beautiful inside and out Kiss of love.gif
Delta walks so beautifully on her lead, no pulling and she very much enjoys her treats, taking oh so gently.
Delta is quite a big girl but she does not use her strength, so incredibly kind and gentle. She has the most amazing way of walking, tall gangly legs, very much the super model love4.gif
So for my second wish, I would love to see Delta in her most amazing forever home, she's an absolute beauty who deserves the very best, fingers crossed it's just around the corner love4.gif
Fional

Post by Fional »

We walked Delta today. What an amazing gentle girl she is. She's big but just the easiest dog to walk. Gently takes treats and no trouble going back into the kennel. Joy to walk. So pleased April introduced me to this adorable dog. Let's hope she gets her forever home soon. Fiona xx Heart fill with love.gif]
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

What a beautiful girl . Her eyes show the depth of her kind soul love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh my goodness this girl is FUN woo.gif] I was obviously super excited to see Delta on my walking list today and honestly from the start of our walk right through to the end she had me smiling like a loon thumbs.gif
I haven't seen Delta for a couple of weeks but she welcomed me beautifully into her kennel, we got reacquainted super quick and got going on our walk.
Delta has a really lovely feel about her and yes just one look into her eyes and you will fall in love ❤️
So I discovered something new about Delta today, she loves to roll! It's almost certainly something smelly and disgusting that gets her going, but I managed to slide her over so she didn't get too stinky! It's hilarious to see this big, beautiful girl with the longest legs rolling around having the most fun, Delta's enthusiasm for life is seriously infectious.
This lovely girl certainly enjoys her treats, taking very gently and I did wonder if someone had taught her a little trick as when she fancies another she will tap her nose against your pocket and sit patiently waiting for her treat, what a clever girl.
Delta passes dogs and people with ease, obviously keen to make friends with everyone, she met the cutest little puppy today and gave off the most amazing gentle vibes.
So for me Delta's absolute best trait, her fabulous sparkiness woo.gif] , it can catch you unawares! You can be plodding along and all of a sudden Delta will get the most amazing burst of energy, a skip and a jump with such enthusiasm woo.gif] this is not a problem though, Delta is a girl who listens, if you call her name she will look intently waiting for what you need from her love4.gif
Delta didn't really want to return to her kennel today, just the slightest hesitation and the only negative of our walk. Love, love, love this girl Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”