Samm Parsons JRT DofB ?2013 Southborough Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Samm Parsons JRT DofB ?2013 Southborough Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
samm1DSCF1877a.jpg
Samm's Story: Samm was found abandoned and unclaimed within a West Country council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Samm is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Samm was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
samm2DSCF1855a.jpg
samm3DSCF1865.jpg
samm4DSCF1868.jpg
Samm's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Samm is stressed, good at escaping from his kennel if you don’t shut the door quickly enough and just runs and runs on walks, does not want to give up his toy, possibly guarding issues if not handled appropriately but learning to let go for squeezy cheese!

I can bring Samm and Gerry tomorrow. Please can you confirm that that is ok please?

Thank you so much. Cx West Country

Samm comes 12th October 2019
Sam.jpg
anne

Re: Samm Parson's JRT DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

samm6DSCF1887.jpg
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

I walked Samm this morning he wanted to run on his walk this morning so i got to run aswell he was faster didnt mind me putting his leads he liked being stroked good with peopple .we walked with one of the other dogs he enjoyed the company very interested in all he saw falling leaves all good smells he found
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Wowser Samm what a gorgeous lad you are x
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we had a nice sunday morning stroll with samm accompanied by zippy - first time we had walked samm and all first impressions were favourable very friendly walks nicely(didnt run at all on walk) and dog friendly a good combination and zippy always seems to like a jrt or small dog as his walking companion - methinks he won't be around long
IMG_2529.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Samm for the first time yesterday afternoon, he was very gentle when accepting treats and easy to clip the leads on. He was very calm taking him out and bringing him back into the kennel block. It was a pleasure walking this little lad, he is affectionate and easy to handle. I’ll look forward to taking Sam out again, although I am sure he won’t remain in kennels for long. love4.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

samm had a community walk yesterday going out with reggie and frodo for a v good natured jrt/pattie walk - he seems to like all dogs and enjoyed the company of both other dogs and us - he handles the traffic and everything thrown at him (including seeing a horse) v well definitely a star jrt
IMG_2647.JPG
IMG_2640.JPG
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

7EB66226-4108-4970-98B0-818AF24098E0.jpeg
When I entered this little mans kennel he was soooooo excited he jumped up and down for a couple of minutes - he can jump really high, I was impressed. He walked really well, no running, just eager and alert - just how a terrier should be. Samm has the most beautiful eyes - one look and I was persuaded to give him far more sausages than I should have. He was a very good boy when I put him back in his kennel - I left him with a chew......didn’t even notice I’d gone, cheeky boy. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

It was the first time I had walked Sam and we both enjoyed a lovely one hour walk. He got very excited when I entered his pen and was delighted to be outside in the wind and rain. For the first 15 minutes or so he made lots of little excited, endearing noises. He was not overly fussed by the traffic as we walked along the busy road to the woods and was not at all bothered by 4 cyclists who went whizzing past us in the woods. There seemed to be a million squirrels around but he did not show them more than a fleeting interest. He was a lovely walk - fairly fast, no pulling, just a good fun little dog who deserves his own warm, loving home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

what a great little jrt duo we have at the moment with samm and reggie - samm is very confident and takes maximum enjoyment from his walk happy to walk with another dog not once did he try to get in reggies face just a v calm easy friendly walk if you are looking for a small dog with great character samm is your mann
IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2876.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”