Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Small Dole W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 01.01.16 Small Dole W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
rodney1DSCF1894a.jpg
Rodney's Story: Rodney was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Rodney is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Rodney was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
rodney2DSCF1659.jpg
rodney3DSCF1666.jpg
rodney4DSCF1677.jpg
rodney5DSCF1686a.jpg
Rodney's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 27 October 2019 Hi Lynne,

I really try not to ask as I know you'are inundated with requests but would you consider Rodney? He is a three year old Staff x Ambull, finished his time in the councils care so now legally ours. Comes from not nice people and mixed up on the drug scene. He is now neutered and first vaccinated, was underweight on arrival but gaining nicely on three meals a day, seems reactive in kennels but I don’t think this is a true picture of him, we haven’t walked him off site. Transport not an issue.

Thanks Mikey xx
RodneyAmb.jpg
SarahW

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 2016 West Wales

Post by SarahW »

Aww lovely boy! x
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Debbie(tarakisha)

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 2016 West Wales

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Awww bless him. He will know love and kindness from now on love4.gif Kiss of love.gif
anne

Re: Rodney Ambull x Staffie DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Rodney is a very quiet, calm boy. He seems a bit subdued at the moment in new and unfamiliar surroundings but he was happy to befriend Louise and go off for a walk with Sharna and I joining them.

shanarodney1DSCF1691.jpg
shanarodney2DSCF1693a.jpg
rodney6DSCF1669.jpg
rodney7DSCF1679.jpg
rodney8DSCF1683.jpg
rodney9DSCF1688.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

rodney2DSCF1898.jpg
rodney3DSCF1899.jpg
rodney4DSCF1902.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

Rodney showed new walker Sarah the ropes today. It was the first time either of us had met him and we were both won over by his gentle ways and friendly character. We walked around the village as Rodney is a bit of a diva and doesn't like mud or puddles 0002.gif]
We passed lots of dogs and Rodney seemed happy to pass them all apart from one who got a little bark but I think that is because we had stood and waited to one side.
I actually thought that Rodney was younger than he is but only because everything seemed to be new to him.
I can't wait to meet Rodney again love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

I met Rodney for the first time this afternoon, he is such a lovely friendly boy who welcomed me into his kennel. He was easy to get in and out of his kennel, he didn’t react to the other dogs barking at him. We started off by walking up the drive, he walked calmly by men who were wood cutting, he wasn’t at all bothered by the noise they were making. He wasn’t at all impressed with the muddy grass verge and so decided to stop, bless him, he will soon get used to these conditions this winter. Rodney really is such a gorgeous hunky boy and has plenty of love to give. He is so gentle when accepting treats. I’ll certainly look forward to walking him again. love4.gif
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

We walked Rodney for the first time last Sunday and he was such a gentle dog. Loved his treats, as you all said, he didn't like mud or puddles, but got a bit more used to them into the walk. When on a social walk he likes to be at the front :-).
Renata&Norbert
LeesyLou

Post by LeesyLou »

Apologies for late posting - just an update on beautiful Rodney's Friday walk. This big boy has such a lovely character! He welcomed me into his kennel very calmly. He's a little underweight so was wearing blue 'pyjamas' to keep warm, that needed to be taken off before heading out on a wet muddy day. It's a credit to this boy's gentle nature that he patiently put up with me fruitlessly looking for velcro fastenings, lifting up his paws, testing size of neck hole to size of head before finally giving up and taking him out of the kennel in his PJs to ask Charlie for some help getting them off. Of course she just whipped them over his head no trouble! A tiny shake, and finally Rodney and I were off. The trails are very muddy at the moment, and I loved the way Rodney picked the cleanest possible route along the edges so as not to get his paws too dirty. A funny gentle giant. Love him.
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Rodney is such a handsome boy! I walked him today for the second time. We went out with Frankie and Buster and he was really good. He seems more settled now and didn’t seem to mind with walking in the mud today!

He loves a treat and showed off his sit and paw.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”