Billy Greyhound DofB 05.15 Doddington Cambs

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Billy Greyhound DofB 05.15 Doddington Cambs

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
billy1DSCF9610a.jpg
Billy's Story: Billy is an ex-racing Greyhound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Billy is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Billy was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
billy2DSCF9604.jpg
billy3DSCF9620.jpg
billy4DSCF9608.jpg
B+M1DSCF9622a.jpg
Billy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 04.09.19 Hello its Joe. Brilliant too see Zarin and Kazzie have a home together. We have a lovely boy Billy and a black girl Maddie . Lovely pair let me know if you could help . Thanks Jo

Billy comes 17th September 2019
Billygrey.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Billy Greyhound DofB 05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Dear Billy has arrived today. we have neutered him and he has come with a passport and vaccinations. He is wonderful as is his partner Maddie
anne

Re: Billy Greyhound DofB 05.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Billy and his partner, Maddie, are delightful, friendly, gentle characters. Louise and I fell in love with their wonderful personalities as we walked with them this morning. Very easy dogs who walk so nicely on the lead, taking time to sniff and explore as they go.
billy5DSCF9603.jpg
billy6DSCF9607.jpg
B+M2DSCF9621a.jpg
B+M3DSCF9627a.jpg
RosC

Re: Billy Greyhound DofB 05.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by RosC »

I had a lovely walk with Billy today. He was very excited to see me and was jumping around in the kennel and as soon as we were out he was the easiest walk ever. Greyhounds are very gentle creatures and Billy is certainly that - so light on the lead you wouldn't know he was there! We managed to miss the showers today but we did tackle the stiles - not so easy to deal with 0002.gif]
Well, Billy was sure he wasn't going over so had to fit under but with his long legs he wasn't so sure! It took several minutes to get under the first one so when we got to the other side of the bridge and there was a lot of hesitation I lifted his front legs over and then helped him with the back end 0002.gif] I think he was being deliberately daft just to sneak some cuddles in!
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

B02B02C1-907E-417F-9598-F27D1AD605E8.jpeg
Billy (rigjt in the pic) and Maddie are such a lovely pair of greyhounds. They loved chasing after the ball together in the paddock and seem to get on so well together. Easy to walk, gentle, affectionate- a great duo.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Took Maddie and Billy to the paddock for a play and then into The Hut for a little explore, and to see what they are little "indoors". Both had a little explore around, and Billy jumped on the sofa, whereas Maddie wasn't sure. Billy was happy to entertain himself by getting all the tennis balls out of the bucket thumbs.gif

Gb00354

Post by Gb00354 »

Screenshot_20191101_144309.jpg
Screenshot_20191101_144259.jpg
Screenshot_20191101_144249.jpg
We had the pleasure of fostering Billy for a week. He is a sweet dog who is very food orientated which means he would be an easy dog to benefit from clicker training. As an ex-racer we weren't sure whether he'd be toilet trained but we were pleasantly surprised with only two accidents!
He is full of cheekiness and loves your company - especially playing with a squeaky toy, we think he would definitely like an active home!
He loved to stretch out over the sofa and have his tummy tickled after his walks. On the lead he is relaxed and walks at your pace and was friendly with any dogs we came across.
Billy Is very excitable when you're preparing his food, but we found if you stood with him in between your legs he calmed right down and waits patiently for you to give it to him.
He is a big personality with a cuddly and loving side who would love an active home - he loved running on a longer lead alongside a bike and slept like a baby when he got home. Billy would benefit from someone who can put some time to teach him a few manners, but will be sure to make a great, dopey best friend!
FranB

Post by FranB »

4CF283CC-4817-459F-A341-5B1918663AA8.jpeg
Lovely walk with Billy and Maddie today, so well behaved and friendly, they are a total delight and so calm and relaxed. It was the first time I had met them both and Billy especially was very engaging and keen to extract any treats from my pocket in a very polite but persistent way.
4CF283CC-4817-459F-A341-5B1918663AA8.jpeg
FJB

Post by FJB »

I took Billy and his kennel companion Maddie out for a walk two days this week and (in a first for me) I walked them together (using a waist belt/lead). They both behaved impeccably and walked incredibly well together. My biggest worry was ending up in a big tangled mess but I needn't have worried! I only had to unravel jumbled up leads a couple of times when one of them decided they fancied walking the other side of me (and even then they both stood patiently waiting for me to sort it all out).

What can I tell you about Billy? He's bouncy when you go into his kennel (as he's super happy to see you) and will nose your pockets to see you if you have anything he can eat (but nothing more than that). He is incredibly easy to harness and unharness and when out walking he walks on a slack lead by your side (just pottering along and matching his pace to yours). He likes a good sniff and has a good line in stopping and staring off into the middle distance (particularly when walking by fields). He loves a cuddle, ear scratches and treats (which he takes super gently).

When we were out on Friday we saw a deer but other than watching with interest, doing a couple of teeny bounces on the spot and then staring longingly where the deer had disappeared in the woods he didn't react. I was really pleasantly surprised as I had a split second image of going through the underbrush behind him and Maddie.

Back at the kennels he is easy to unharness, pop his coat on and give ear scratches and lots of cuddles too. I'm not sure what size he is in his head but he seems to think he's small enough to fit on your lap - which leads to some interesting contortions and the odd dog elbow in the ribs whilst he figures out (in a very good natured way) that he's not going to fit and settles for laying across your lap instead.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”