Roxy Staffie x DofB 05.05.09 Plumstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Roxy Staffie x DofB 05.05.09 Plumstead

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
roxyDSCF9263a.jpg
Roxy's Story: Roxy was handed into a vets to be put to sleep as her owner was made homeless and no Rescue would take her and wouldn't trust to pass her on to anyone. The vets held her for a week trying to find a Rescue place then found us. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Roxy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
roxyDSCF9258.jpg
roxy3DSCF9253a.jpg
roxy4DSCF9268a.jpg
Roxy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were called and when we said we would help Roxy there was such relief in the vet staff team nd had to ask again did we mean it!

Roxy came into our care on the 11th September 2019
anne

Re: Roxy Staffie x DofB 05.05.09 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Roxie is such a sweet girl. She came out of her kennel with Lynne, tail wagging. She was patient while we chose and fitted a new collar and then she came for a little walk with Louise and I. She was keen to get chomping on some nice fresh grass and accepted a cuddle or two.
roxy5DSCF9259.jpg
roxy6DSCF9254.jpg
roxy7DSCF9262.jpg
roxy8DSCF9266.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

A few photos sent by the vets you can see how happy she was to be with her saviours.
9DA8D43D-0F04-4C4E-AA68-007CC9D3573C.jpeg
0099FEB9-779B-4097-8947-7B906A72A67F.jpeg
D8440C72-A89B-43D7-A8E2-BC51B0089CCB.jpeg
We are calling her RoxyToffee as we have quite a few Roxys and she is so sweet!
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

835CB54E-BD53-4C63-872F-936A83D2B7F4.jpeg
Little Roxy is such a cute roly poly cuddly staffie. She walks very easily on the lead stopping to eat foliage along the way - she didn't pull at all. She is very connected to her walker - looking up to check you are there. She loves her cuddles and jumped on my lap when I took her back up her kennel and cried when I left. She seems to be a dog who has been loved and just wants to cuddle up to someone on the sofa.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Aww what a sweet girl! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

13A7713C-E18D-45B5-8B13-903BAF9CAABF.jpeg
Gorgeous Roxy distracted from eating grass for a second. She's an easy small girl that has so much love to give.
JamesShears

Post by JamesShears »

I got to take the lovely Roxy out for a walk today.

Yet another dog I am in love with 😂😂 she was really happy for me to come into her kennel, gave me some really gentle cuddles and then we went out for a walk.

Perfectly well behaved. Happy to walk past other dogs, she didn't bat an eyelid at the other walkers or dogs. No pulling at all.

I can't wait to walk her again soon.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Walked Roxy today because she was crying for me to take some notice of her. What a super little girl she is, so so easy to walk. She put her head into her harness for me, she picked up her tennis ball to take with her so gently and discreetly I hadn’t realised she was carrying a tennis ball with her until we were in the woods. She carried it all the way around as well. So very gentle and well behaved. A little collie type dog barked at us as we were passing her garden and Roxy looked a little anxiously up at me, but I reassured her, told her not to worry, and she was quite happy to accept my reassurance and trot on. This little girl would slot in so easily into any family. Heart fill with love.gif]
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Beautiful girl
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

I walked the lovely Roxy on Saturday and she did really well for a newbie.

She was a little apprehensive at first meeting me but came around very easily with some soft encouraging words. She wasnt interested in treats at that stage (but she took them from me later on when she got used to me!)

When we got onto our walk she wasnt nervous at all and was happy just to plod along beside me. Being a little older she didnt seem to be in any rush and was taking things at her own pace and sniffing all the way round. She made no noise around other dogs we saw but just had a look. However she was very unsure of a horse and did give one little warning bark, nothing unexpected.

She seemed to appreciate some fuss and cuddles along with a couple of treats on her walk and when we got back to her kennel. She's a lovely girl who would be right at home on somebody's sofa! 😍

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”