Tiggie Staffie DofB 2014 Worthing

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tiggie Staffie DofB 2014 Worthing

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
tiggie1DSCF0688.jpg
Tiggie's Story: Tiggie was found abandoned and unclaimed within a South Coast pound. He was covered in fleas and his chip traced him back to a Cornwall Vet. Their notes state he was rehomed in May 19 but the vets hadn't been seen in 2015. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tiggie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Tiggie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
tiggie2DSCF9446.jpg
tiggie3aDSCF9574.jpg
tiggie4DSCF9460.jpg
tiggie5DSCF9447.jpg
Tiggie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 10.09.19: Good afternoon.

Tiggie is a dog that was abandoned in on the south coast nearly 2 weeks ago. He is about 5 years old, male, entire and in the time we have held him he has been friendly to dogs and staff alike in our kennels. White with a mostly black head he was infested with fleas. These have already been treated obviously.

He has a chip was not registered. It was implanted by a vet in Penzance, Cornwall. Their notes say Tiggie was rehomed in May this year but have no details to follow up on.

Tiggie, like all dogs, deserves a home. Can you please find space in your kennels to take him on? Thank you for your time. Mike.

Mike is bringing Tiggie to us on Monday the 16th September 19
Tiggie.jpg
anne

Re: Tiggie Staffie DofB 2014 South Coast Pound comes 16th

Post by anne »

Tiggie is a delightful, friendly little chap. We got acquainted in the paddock yesterday and later when for a walk around the wood. Tiggie is a little nervous in new surroundings at the moment but he walked nicely on the lead and was happy to accept some gentle fuss from me.
tiggie6DSCF9565.jpg
tiggie7DSCF9562a.jpg
tiggie8DSCF9444.jpg
tiggie9DSCF9451.jpg
Orla

Re: Tiggie Staffie DofB 2014 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Orla »

Tiggie and I got to know each other yesterday and what a lovely boy he is. He’s obviously been taught to walk on the lead as he was brilliant at sticking to my heel and confident with it. He didn’t react to other dogs at all on our walk and enjoyed every minute of our walk in-spite of the showers and turning his nose up at my treats roflmao.gif . Tiggie has obviously had a tough time recently but is settling well in kennels.... I hope he’s not with us too long and his forever home steps forward before the cold winter nights.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a brilliant little dog! I walked him today, he is just so good and very handsome love4.gif Tiggie loved all the new footballs in the paddock. Responsive to me when off lead in paddock and just so friendly.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Tiggie was my last walk of the day today and I can only agree with all that has been said about this lovely boy, he really is rather wonderful and incredibly handsome love4.gif
Tiggie was in the paddock when I went to get him and he greeted me with a lovely smile and was more than happy to be off for a walk. Thankfully the sun had come out and we had a lovely relaxed walk, Tiggie really does walk beautifully on his lead, he is very keen to take everything in but in a very calm and chilled out manner.
Tiggie is such a kind and soft boy, the pathways were incredibly slippy today and I had a few close calls, every time I nearly went Tiggie looked back with concern and wouldn't walk on until I told him all was well, what an angel Kiss of love.gif
We ended our walk back in the paddock and enjoyed a game with the footballs, he certainly comes alive in play, lovely to see him let his hair down!
I left Tiggie enjoying his dinner, fabulous boy thumbs.gif
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

I love tiggie love4.gif I’ve walked tiggie for the last few weeks on a Saturday and have completely fallen in love with him. I’ve found he can be reactive to other dogs but when I pull him in close and reassure him there’s no reaction at all. Tiggie doesn’t pull when walking and is so good when having his paws cleaned after a walk. Such a great boy!
FE629689-3081-400E-8D26-C15A45188DB3.jpeg
0A7FF0B2-E7C2-4014-8CAC-F44497F21A86.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Tiggie this morning. He did need a little reassurance to keep going at the start but he soon relaxed into his walk. At one point he did tread on something prickly but he just stopped and held up his paw for me to have a look and then once I had sorted the problem he was happy to carry on. He is such an easy, unassuming boy.
tiggie2DSCF0701.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Wow, Tiggie's confidence has grown and he is so much more relaxed and happy. Tiggie will walk close by your side if he is feeling anxious but 10 minutes into his walk yesterday he was striding confidently ahead of me. He actually enjoys sharing his walk with another dog, it seems to boost his confidence. Yesterday he walked with Skyla and he was keen to walk close to her but Skyla indicated she wanted some space and Tiggie respected that and happily focused on his own walk, taking time to check out all the smells along the way. thumbs.gif
tiggieDSCF1124a.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we walked tiggie today and he looks quite a strong dog but when we took him out not a bit of it probably one of the easiest dogs we have ever walked loose leads the whole way and very friendly someone is going to be very lucky getting this boy
IMG_2069.JPG
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I can only agree with the above, Tiggie was absolutely my easiest walk on Thursday.
Very welcoming in his kennel and super easy to get ready for a walk
Tiggie is very keen to be out and about, taking everything in but also so very aware and respectful of his walker, he really is such a kind boy love4.gif
Tiggie is such a handsome boy, but he does carry some worries with him, he needs someone to come along, lift all those worries and show him how to let his hair down woo.gif]
I for one am looking forward to seeing those pics, love this boy Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”