Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Southfleet SE London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Southfleet SE London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
marv1DSCF9426a.jpg
Marv's Story: Marv has grown up in a family along side a 6 year old child now 14. He can resource guars certain items. His surrendering family had to be aware if rushing through the house or picking things up without his OK: He can guard clothing. He has bitten 3 x not seriously but when flustered. Needs a family who have an understanding of him and awareness. Marv loves dogs and is good with cats. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Marv is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marv was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and fostered with a Mastiff in an adult family whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
marv2DSCF9432.jpg
marv3DSCF9427.jpg
marv4DSCF9415.jpg
Marv's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Emergency call Marv had been signed over to the vets for put to sleep. The vets called many Rescues but none were prepared to save his life. The vet and vet nurse were desperate as he is a lovely boy. We agreed to take him so instead of putting little one to sleep they neutered him. Marv went home with the vet overnight and she is bringing him into kennels tomorrow

Marv comes 7th September 2019
Marv3.JPG
Marv67.JPG
Marv.JPEG
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

I had the pleasure of walking Marv today. He was very friendly and happy to make friends with me. We had a lovely walk with Rona and Marv was very happy in her company. We had a few cuddles before going back to his kennel. Can't wait to get to know him better love4.gif
RosC

Re: Marv Cockerpoo DofB 02.02.12 Redhill Temp Foster

Post by RosC »

Marv looks totally different from his first photo here as he has had a haircut whilst at the vets. I think it makes him look much younger!
The last few days have clearly been a bit traumatic for little Marv, losing his family, going to the vets then ending up in kennels before coming home with us and he is naturally a bit unsettled and not quite relaxed yet.
First impressions are that Marv is a very friendly little boy albeit a little jumpy at the moment. We are taking it slowly with Marv as he can growl if he feels unhappy so we are letting him set the pace as far as attention is concerned especially when he is relaxing. He does not appear to be possessive over treats or food.
Yesterday we took him out and he was so pleased to meet everyone, human and dog, very outgoing and sociable. Indoors he is not quite so brave and spent most of the evening in his bed curled up but was happy to say hello and have a little stroke every now and then. He trembles a fair bit when he is laying down, not sure if that is nerves or if he is cold as the temperature has dropped a fair bit just at the same time he has lost his fur coat!
He slept well in his bed downstairs and I went down just before 6 as I could hear Bertha moving around. After a garden visit he followed me back upstairs and curled up on my bed for an hour or so. Now my bed is his bed and if you can't find him that is where he will be! I think he may be a little scared of Bertha as he keeps his distance indoors although they happily walk along together outside.
He gets really over excited when he knows he going out and leaps up and down while you get the lead on and squeaks until you get out the door. This morning he has been more affectionate, leaning in to us for cuddles and rolling over for tummy rubs. He has given me a few kisses while I've been stroking him love4.gif Marv also sits and gives a paw for a treat if you ask him to although he is being a little picky about his food at meal times. He takes treats very gently.
We have had 2 visitors this morning and he has welcomed both like long lost friends although he does bark at the knock on the door!
Having trouble getting my photos off my phone from today so here are a couple of the newly barbered boy from yesterday to keep you going!
20190908_154741.jpg
20190908_155021.jpg
20190908_154921.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

IMG_3269.JPG
IMG_3275.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv's character is starting to emerge and he has bags of it! Still not 100% sure of where he is or who we are but he loves his cuddles and has his mad moments, particularly before going on a walk - totally crazy! 0002.gif]
He absolutely loves his walks and enjoys sniffing everything around him. Given that he has been with us less than 48 hours he is settling really well and ate all his tea this evening positivo1.gif
He does have one bad habit in his love of throwing himself on to the largest lump of dog poo he can find and doing a shoulder roll :shock: He did it just before we brought him home yesterday and again today on his walk so he is getting used to having a good clean up when he gets home lol.gif
When we eat at the table he comes over and sits there by our feet but is very good and doesn't jump up so we just ignore him. He's taken himself off upstairs this evening for a snooze on the bed.
IMG_3278.JPG
IMG_3279.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv can be very affectionate and friendly. He can also be very scared and nervous which results in him growling and trembling sometimes but you can usually sweet talk him to let you stroke him and then he forgets he is scared. He is still getting some discomfort from his surgery and often jumps as he gets a twinge. He has taken to sitting in the washing basket or on folded washing that hasn't been put away (note to self to be more tidy lol.gif ). Marv needs an understanding home who will give him space when he wants it and not judge him in the first few weeks to give him time to settle and feel safe - when he is happy he is a wonderful little boy. He needs a quiet environment and going by his behaviour when Bertha was out at the vets all day, he would probably prefer to be an only pet although he is pleased to say hello to other dogs. He is also happy to have human visitors to say hello to!
Yesterday Marv wasn't in a good mood and was quite moody at times and didn't want to be friendly. This morning he woke up a different dog and we have had a good day with lots of cuddles and a couple of lovely walks. This evening Bertha has returned home and he has decided to stay upstairs and won't come back down blu1.gif
Here is a little video of him on his walk at lunchtime.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

First time meeting Marv today, he was all happy and smiley in his kennel so I went in to say hello and picked up his lead with no problem. We had a nice walk, and he enjoyed a few fusses and was good meeting other dogs.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marv had already had his walk today with Chloe but I couldn't resist getting him out again for a little cuddle and a fuss. Marv is always pleased to greet you and is a very happy little chap. He leapt up in to my lap today to give my face a wash and then snuggled in to me for cuddles.
Marv is not for children as he can get anxious by people invading his space quickly when he is relaxing but he is a great companion.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marvellous Marv had to be my first walk today. He was very pleased to be out. He is so clean indoors so we had several toilet stops in the first ten minutes bless him!
It was rather wet when we set off but Marv didn't care, he trotted off happily pleased to be out and about. When we returned he was a bit wet so I went and fetched a towel to dry him off with which I think he enjoyed. Marv is not for a novice owner but he is a wonderful little man love4.gif I just love him - come on Marv's forever home thumbs.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

I love Marv and can't resist taking him out at every opportunity thumbs.gif
Marv loves life and meeting new people so he came out this morning to do a taster session and met Michelle and her mum. It would be fair to say that Marv is a bit of a tart and runs up to anyone to say hello and get some cuddles so both ladies were rewarded for coming with loads of Marv affection 0002.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”