Winston Shar Pei DofB 04.12.09 Sharnbrook Beds

Dogs that have found their forever home
Beth Crawley

Re: Winston Shar Pei DofB 04.12.09 Guildford Kenns

Post by Beth Crawley »

It was my first time walking Winston and he was wonderful. So friendly and easy to harness and walk. We didn't meet any other dogs but past loads of people and he just wanted to say hello and have cuddles with everyone. As well as a lovely walk we played ball and had some cuddles in the paddock. He really is adorable. Back in the kennel he was lovely and calm and enjoyed a good ear rub.
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

I love this pic of Winston taken by volunteer Hannah.
winston.jpg
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Winston chilled.jpeg
I took Winston for a long walk and then home for a few hours at the weekend. I just love this boy - he really is people's dog - he loves everybody and he has become so relaxed at home. He absolutely loves his walks and shows such joy when he is on them. This time we stopped at a cafe and he was really calm while we had a coffee at an outside table. I really wish my cats were dog friendly, as I would love to foster Winston, as kennels seem to stress him and he has lost weight. Winston has become so relaxed on walks (except when he sees animals!) and he prefers to lead on a walk.
Winston walk.jpeg
Winston kitchen.jpeg
winston relaxing.jpeg
Lottie.xp

Post by Lottie.xp »

FAA3A6EF-C10E-4B33-9C72-1741DC43D30B.jpeg
Took the lovely Winston to the paddock yesterday. He is such a sweet boy. Easy to harness and take out. He chased after a tennis ball, which he loved, and we had a run around and a lovely play. He enjoyed himself. We even had a little tug of war.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

My first time walking Winston and knowing a Shar Pei, I let him decide the direction of the walk … he chose towards the island. Honey was on her walk back, so we moved to the side and kept walking (bit of a gentleman grumble, but nothing unmanageable), he watched the canal boat and all the people, dipped in the water, bit of chill time and then passed Spike very well on the way back. we then went to the paddock at the mere mention of his name his little tail wags, he loves running towards you when you call his name, looking very happy with himself.
Winston.jpg
Winston 2.jpg
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

Although Winston had been in the paddock I was asked if I could take him for a walk as he was rather down in the kennels - maybe thinking about how lovely his stay in a proper home had been. He was so easy to get out and communicate with, he really does deserve a loving family around him. He just needs that bit of good fortune. I hope he finds it before the colder weather arrives.
Lucym

Post by Lucym »

Winston was a happy chap on our walk yesterday, easy to harness as others have mentioned and keen to wander along having a good sniff and see what was going on in the world. He likes to choose which way to go so I had some negotiating to do at times but he did allow me some of the decisions and also responds well to his name with a lovely waggy tail 0002.gif]
Winston also enjoyed a long dip in the canal and entertained the passing kayakers with his water wallowing woo.gif]
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

I've walked Winston a couple of times now, and this boy has character (in an endearing way, obviously). It was pointed out to me last time I walked him, that Winston positively grins when he comes out of his kennel, as he then goes to the toilet in front on the grass area in front of the kennels of the other RR residents.... I'm sure he is going 'hahah get you lot, you all shout at me and I'm not going to rush or shout back, I'm going off on a walk in a bit and your not so nanah'. Winston loves the smells, the water and wide paths so he can see all is fine and relax into a nice mooch of a walk. He doesn't need much walk at all (he's a older gent) and given being a black dog with the heat a little mooch and he does thrive with a human praising him. It would be great for this guy to find his retirement home soon.
Happy (cheeky) Winston
Happy (cheeky) Winston
chloe_stockwell

Post by chloe_stockwell »

20190831_111131_opt.jpg
20190831_111221_opt.jpg
What a lovely walk with Winston yesterday! 😊 I never would have guessed his age before looking on his page, I thought he was a young lad!

He was very sweet and quite bouncy, which was really lovely to see. He was also very curious, sniffing and smelling all the good smells!

He has such a lovely smile and a lovely temprament. He wasnt all that keen on a very close encounter with a nosey golden retriever but had no issues with other dogs passing.

Such a great boy, I hope he finds a lovely home soon!
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

FBD5FB83-7B5E-43D6-B732-6C08B334AA43.jpeg
The wonderful Winston - loyal, loving, quiet (apart from snoring) and gentle.
E2E40744-9747-484A-B89C-5E39981D3153.jpeg
55447594-0AEF-4DE8-B67B-3C0E5DFBA96B.jpeg
Here he is- a bit tired after a long walk.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”