rps20190817_014645.jpg
Jojo18

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20190817_014609.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

I met and walked Abbey for the first time on Sunday and she impressed me with what a sweet dog she is love4.gif

When I first entered her kennel, Abbey very carefully had a good sniff of me. When she was satisfied that she'd finished her sniffing, she sat calmly as I put her harness and leads on. Walking out of kennels, she ignored all the other dogs and without any pulling on the lead, trotted nicely ahead of me. We passed Milo the kennel cat on the way out. She had a good look at him, watched him scamper off, and then carried on walking. She showed no interest or desire to follow where Milo had gone (what a good girl!).

On our walk, we passed other dogs, bulls lying in the grass, families having a picnic, and while she noted them all, she was most happy trotting along ahead of me. She responded very well to her name, turning to me everytime I called her. She got a little sausage treat every time for her attentiveness thumbs.gif

And she loved the water! She even went in deep enough for a swim. I was enjoying walking Abbey so much, that I forgot to take photos! What a sweet and gorgeous dog she is love4.gif
pits

Post by pits »

It was my first time meeting Abbey earlier today. She was very shy but so extremely friendly, eager to please and happy to be with you and clearly comes out of her shell as she gets to know you. She was easy to walk and takes treats so gently. She is 7 years old but has a lot to give.
abbeysmmm.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Abbey today, she is such a kind and gentle girl and loves a nice walk in the woods and to sit and watch the world go by.
543361E4-51F0-4644-B54C-D118D68076A1.jpeg
05BD8668-41B1-4A07-B847-3757BA70DA1A.jpeg
DE8894B6-694F-4396-9ED9-DFCF7DE1B4C4.jpeg
065DD617-2060-486C-A176-913CC1D2DFBA.jpeg
6FBFA8D7-5ADF-4154-BE41-B96888D52555.jpeg
2A39EE0F-FE9C-49DF-BBA7-C8D4CEEC74C1.jpeg
Attachments
2CB4AD8D-810C-41C4-99D9-541307F6DDB9.jpg
aleks

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Farnham W/E

Post by aleks »

A6.jpg
A5.jpg
A4.jpg
A3.jpg
A2.jpg
A1.jpg
A.jpg
I had a pleasure to spend the long weekend with Abbey and must say this girl is a dream love4.gif
She travels very well in the car, she is house trained, on walks she is staying close to you and checking every few steps if you follow :smiley-bounce016.gi: She has sooo much to give, her love is just unbelievable.
we had an amazing weekend getting to know each other and cuddling a lot and chilling as it was really hot one.
Abbey has a sad history but she loves humans still and is very positive
We met some dogs on our walks but her tail was waggling and there was no aggression from her side at all.
She is a great house guard, as we had a visitor coming and she gave a big bark but as soon as she sniffed our guest they were friends. I truly hope this treasure will find her home very soon but in the meantime I will definitely invite her back home, as this girl really deserves the best Heart fill with love.gif]
pits

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Farnham W/E

Post by pits »

Here's sweet 7 year old Abbey who enjoyed a long weekend break from kennels, who is still looking for her forever home! Watch the video for video clips/comments from her fosterer Alex and to see what happy relaxed girl she is.

LindaS

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

A first for me walking Abbey and she is absolutely GORGOUS! As many have said she sniffed me on entering the kennel to check I was and also smelt okay. I got the paws up, so we walked up towards Loseley. She looks back at you often, you tell her she is good girl and her tail wags (think it was wagging not just when she was told she's a good girl to be honest). Further up the path we came across Louie and Guicci with their walkers and we walked between them whilst they were to the sides (not the easiest passing manoeuvre) and she did give them a bark (but her tail still wagged) … easily forgotten and off we went. We had a few water stops and also chicken stop.... each time she moved in close, either sat on my foot of leaned up really close. At the main stop we came across big group of ramblers all having their drink / chatting stop, we waited patiently to the side and Abbey just focused on me (I felt very honoured), once they were gone we then sat together for a while. This girl is just lovely love4.gif
On my foot
On my foot
To the side - drank my water first
To the side - drank my water first
On my foot again!
On my foot again!
Lottie.xp

Post by Lottie.xp »

Had the pleasure of meeting the delightful Abbey today, to have a play in the paddock. She was happy to see me, and we had lots of cuddles before putting on her harness, which was easy to do, clipped on the leads and off we went. She walk nicely to the field. We had a play in the paddock, a couple of running races, Abbey won both! and chased a tennis ball. After a while she came in for cuddles. She is a cuddle bunny, leaning on my leg for more rubs and scratches. Her face said it all - don't stop, I love this. She was a delight to be with and I'd loved to have been able to sit with her all day for cuddles.
As you can see from the oother posts how adorable she is. Just loves her humans, and I can not believe she hasn't been snapped up yet. Here's wishing it'll be Abbey's turn soon.
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Abbey is a stunning girl. Last week we walked the pill box route, she stopped every x amount of steps when I asked her. at the river she did have me in giggles. She went up tentatively went to drink and then over balanced and promptly fell in roflmao.gif none of it was very lady like for either of us to aid her getting back out.

She did very well with the classic river Wey events (and it was in the week so it shouldn't have been busy!). She patiently sat to my side when two lady ramblers were asking directions to the nearest pub and then she had all scenarios in one ...lady with push chair, young child within, plus young child walking holding her hand and spaniel not on lead (didn't listen to the request to put on lead and didn't have many hands left) Abbey sat to the side close to me and looked up at me, then watched them go past - easy. I gave her sooo much praise.
Abbey 2.jpg
Abbey.jpg
Abbey 1.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”