Harley (Hadley) Mastiff x DofB 10.09.17 Hansworth Middx

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Harley (Hadley) Mastiff x DofB 10.09.17 Hansworth Middx

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Reserved
hadley1DSCF5708.jpg
Hadley's Story: Hadley grew up to be a big bouncy dog and no longer suited a child minder's situation with her own young children also. She held out until she found the right Rescue place for him: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hadley is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Hadley is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
hadley2DSCF5683.jpg
hadley3DSCF5705.jpg
hadley4DSCF5716.jpg
hadley5DSCF5690.jpg
Hadley's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 23.05.19: Hello,

All about Hadley ...

-Hadley is a lovely boy - he is very loving , even with the size he is, he still thinks he can be a lap dog.
- He gets very excited quickly, he is a bouncy boy with lots of energy and a little bit clumsy.
- Hadley goes to doggy daycare 3 days a week since beginning of Dec 2018.
- At doggy day care Hadley wears a muzzle due to high excitement towards other dogs and kept on the lead until no other dogs are around.
- He gets bored quickly, he likes to dig if no one is paying attention. He loves big bones and chew toys.
- Due to his size and power, my very young children are not able to be around him (knocking them over and jumping up). I am a child minder also.
- He jumps up at people who come in the house and nibbles their arm too.
- Hadley is fine around cats.
- He is currently on dry complete food, with occasional raw meats added.

He is amazing.. just needs the right person to give him the best life.

Thank you" Carol ex owner

Hadley comes 8th June 19
Hadley2.jpg
Hadley1.jpg
Hadley.jpg
RosC

Re: Hadley Mastiff x DofB 10.09.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

I took Hadley for a short walk today. He hadn't arrived long before and was looking rather bewildered in his kennel. I didn't want to fuss him until he was settled so we headed out which he was keen to do. We had a nice walk, he walked very well and seemed pleased to be out and have a few cuddles along the way.
He is going to be a popular boy thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Hadley was such a good boy during his photoshoot this morning. Initially he looked quite worried but he soon cheered up with a bit of attention and love from Laura and he went off for a walk with a smile on his face.
hadley6DSCF5706.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Hadley went to the vets yesterday for a check up and to start his vaccinations again. He was so playful and good in the vets and when he got back he had some funtime in the paddock. When it came time to put his lead on and return him to his kennel for his food it turned into a funtime again

bighug.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I had a walk with handsome Hadley this morning. He was feeling in a playful mood this morning and spent a lot of time rolling around in the long grass. He did get a bit bouncy in his enthusiasm but was easily calmed and continued his walk in a relaxed manner. He is a smashing boy.
hadley1DSCF6284.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Hadley is a superstar. He is quite a big lad but he walks so nicely on the lead, never pulling and he listens and goes along with whatever I ask of him. We had a great walk in the sunshine today, with some rolling in the long grass(Hadley not me!) and 2 visits to the stream to cool off. We passed several dogs today and Hadley just looks and lets them go passed without any fuss. He is gentle for his size, very friendly (he was happily accepting fuss from all the staff while they were sitting having lunch) and very handsome. He is still young and does have a puppyish feel about him at times but this is not in anyway a problem, just a joy!
hadley1DSCF6820.jpg
hadley2DSCF6821.jpg
hadley3DSCF6825.jpg
hadley4DSCF6826.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Louise and I had such a fun walk with Diesel and Hadley this morning. Diesel was showing off rolling around in the grass, then doing play bows in the hope Hadley would play with him. Hadley was more than up for this and started bouncing around with excitement and copying Diesel's rolling antics. After a bouncing and rolling session it was easy to calm the boys again and focus back on our walk. Such a happy walk for all of us.
Here is Hadley trying to keep up with his new buddy.
anne

Post by anne »

Hadley is such a chilled out boy for such a young dog. Most of the time he just ambles along, fully aware of all that is happening around him but just watching and taking it all in. He does have odd moments of bouncy puppiness which is great to see and lovely that he still has that fun, playfulness in his nature but totally able to calm it down when asked. Here is a snapshot of our walk yesterday and a video to show how relaxed he was when a horse and rider passed us.
hadley1DSCF6935.jpg
hadley2DSCF6934.jpg
hadley3DSCF6938.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I love my walks with Hadley. He is young and full of fun. As soon as we get to the grassy area Hadley is rolling around enjoying himself. He can get himself a little excited and bouncy playing in the long grass or having a blast in the stream but a quick word brings down his excitement and he is back to walking calmly. I don't want to curb his enthusiasm for life so I let him have his fun and then calm him down to continue his walk. He is quite a big boy but he is responsive and easy to handle so not a problem.
hadleyDSCF8094.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Hadley was enjoying all the sights, sounds and smells in the woods yesterday.
hadleyDSCF8096.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”