Zeus GSD x Akita DofB ?2009 Greatstone New Romney

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Zeus GSD x Akita DofB ?2009 Greatstone New Romney

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
zeus1DSCF6636.jpg
Zeus' Story: Zeus was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Northern council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Zeus is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Zeus was in boarding kennels near Gatwick now fostered in Kent with a Husky whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
zeus2DSCF6592.jpg
zeus3DSCF6617.jpg
zeus4DSCF6633.jpg
zeus5DSCF6664.jpg
Zeus' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 14.06.19 Old fella of 9 years. Thin back end- not much muscle. A really sweet old boy who is non reactive to other dogs . Query is there an issue with his eyes but not 100 percent. Is neutered and chipped Unclaimed Carolyn x
Scooby.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Zeus GSD x DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Zeus arrived last night. Gentle boy; happy to be pottering around his kennel.
EmmaNicole

Re: Zeus GSD x DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

Zeus showing his good walking skills
Zeus showing his good walking skills
C2D2CD3E-BFF8-4104-8507-398C9DF47463.jpeg
Poor Zeus was very confused when I went to say hello yesterday and take him for his walk as he’d only arrived late Friday evening. He was so unsure bless him initially he didn’t even want any of my special sausages. On entering his kennel to fit him with a harness he was respectful but nervous and so we took things slowly, despite his obvious nerves though he was a good boy and stood still whilst we harnessed and leaded up and then off we went. Once out of the kennels Zeus was very interested in having a good sniff and explore of his new environment and we had a lovely gentle walk around woods.

We don’t know what Zeus’s background is but from his reactions I don’t think he’s had a nice life so far and judging by his flinching and cowering every time you touch him I’d say he has been hit in his past. Despite his obvious nerves though this boy clearly doesn’t have a bad bone in him as he showed no signs of aggression and instead once he realised he wasn’t going to get hurt he started to relax into the fussing and seemed to quite enjoy enjoy. He also showed no reaction to any of the dogs and just walked by calmly ignoring all the barking.

This lovely old gent is very overwhelmed in kennels and it would be amazing if his retirement home came along quickly so he can start to relax and learn what life should be like and he’s a gentle soul and really deserves to experience real love.
anne

Post by anne »

While initially nervous when Jim and I went to meet Zeus yesterday, he was patient while I entered his kennel and clipped on the leads. Once out walking he quickly started to relax. He enjoyed exploring around the woods and then spending time with the staff and volunteers while they ate their lunch. The more attention and fuss he got, the more he relaxed and he was soon working the crowd like a pro.
zeus8DSCF6644.jpg
zeus10DSCF6656.jpg
zeus11DSCF6661.jpg
zeus12DSCF6667.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

and some more photos just because he is such a handsome lad....
zeus6DSCF6600.jpg
zeus7DSCF6623.jpg
zeus9DSCF6648.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I like this sofa but i’dprefer My own.
I like this sofa but i’dprefer My own.
Poor Zeus is dry sad in kennels and just barks at you in the hope you will pay him such attention. As soon as you approach him though you can see the happiness on his face and I couldn’t resist taking him for some paddock time and a nice stroll. Zeus was much better with me in his kennel as he’s gaining confidence and is realising all us walkers want to do is be nice. We started off in the paddock yesterday so he could have a mooch and a lovely cuddle which he loves. He particularly loves behind and between his ears being scratched and leans in and smiles the whole time. After a while we went for gentle stroll, stopping at the poets hut for more cuddles. Unfortunately it is obvious to see when Zeus walks that his hips are. Not the best as is a gsd trait but he doesn’t seem to be in any real pain and definitely wants to walk. He is so gentle on lead i could forget he was there if I wasn’t so busy admiring his handsomeness. Zeus is the perfect gentleman and really deserves a forever sofa for his twilight years and I hope he won’t need to wait too long for his special humans to come along love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Re: Zeus GSD x Akita DofB ?2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

52AA311C-B977-4BC7-B8E4-032DEE544066.jpeg
I had another amazing walk this this gorgeous boy today. He may be a little grey around his chops but I can assure you there is still plenty of life in the old boy yet 😍. Zeus loves his walks and is great on lead but what he loves most is just your attention and a good old fuss. Zeus however hates kennels and doesn’t understand how he’s ended up in there when he’s such a good boy. Please consider Zeus he’d love a sofa to call his own and in return he will shower you with love.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

408A71AC-86E2-4CBD-9A98-594EEBDA07F3.jpeg
4D0C6ED3-4663-42C7-B22C-300556B15B80.jpeg
I’ve just realised that Zeus’s lovely little overnight break is not here to show this stunning boy off here is what Katy had to say.

!! Operation ‘Get Zeus a home’ !!
I had the absolute pleasure of having Zeus over night last night and I just HAVE to find this boy his retirement home ☹️
Things I’ve found out about Zeus in 24 hours..
- He’s super friendly to everyone he meets
- He travels really well in the car
- He walks fabulously on a short lead or extended
- He’s ever so gentle with his food and treats
- He doesn’t beg for food at all!
- He doesn’t climb on furniture
(Until I invited him on my bed for the night 🙄🤫)
- He could live with a calm female dog given the right introduction 😊(Possibly male but not tested)
- He appears to take no notice of cats/furrys outside 😱
- He’s 100% house trained!
- He LOVES his walks

He’s the sweetest lad who just wants to be loved! I’m not sure what’s happened in his past but he can cower when he’s unsure which just breaks your heart! ☹️ Reassurance and cuddles bring him right back out of his shell though! 🐶 Zeus appears to be happiest around dogs who don’t show him much notice as he did have a grumble at a couple of dogs who tried getting in his personal space/were barking at him (he’s to ‘mature’ for all that bouncy play malarkey 😤😆) but he spent the night with free range of the house with my husky girl and they both gave each other space and were completely content in each others company 💕 . We attended a fun day today where he came 3rd for most handsome Hound! 🥰 (obviously fixed because he’s GORGEOUS 🤭😏) but he did win some nice treats and a rosette!

Please if you’re open to give an older doggo a home, consider Zeus! He’s a big softy who will give you his whole heart and full trust.
Attachments
E5DC33E7-5E34-4C4C-9D56-C16DC88E06E5.jpeg
F8F9C933-3E9B-43AB-B702-7350E366011D.jpeg
239D77FC-416A-4462-8433-7ED4EF1F23A2.jpeg
BA0BB111-E007-4F13-8992-06AA16200DBC.jpeg
5E79DA88-3A10-4E95-B36C-42CB3D9BC583.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Zeus spent some time in the paddock yesterday with many adoring walkers giving him some love love4.gif

“That’s the spot, yep, right there, awwww that’s good !!!”
Zeus enjoyed his back scratch !!!
Zeus enjoyed his back scratch !!!
“More please” !!!
95BC18B6-AF99-44E5-9050-D947B3B3949A.jpeg
92C92293-4F12-41E1-9B89-37A1FAF1907B.jpeg
Zeus headed off to foster yesterday afternoon, lucky boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
EmmaNicole

Re: Zeus GSD x Akita DofB ?2009 Worcester Park Weekend Foster

Post by EmmaNicole »

So pleased to see this boy is getting some foster time as he’s hating kennels and breaks my heart seeing him so sad. Enjoy beautiful boy.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”