Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 - 21st June 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 - 21st June 2022

Post by xxlynne »

abbey1DSCF7023.jpg
Sadly David informed us on Tuesday 21st they had had to say good bye to dear Abbey
Abbey.jpg
Abbey's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Abbey's Story: Abbey was found abandoned and unclaimed within a West of London council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Abbey is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Abbey was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
abbey2DSCF6984.jpg
abbey3DSCF6989.jpg
abbey4DSCF6998.jpg
abbey5DSCF7015.jpg
Abbey's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 09.07.19: Hi Lynne, Here is Abbey who’s desperate, will have a neutering voucher in pound: We are very worried about her. She is a bull breed x girl aged around 7+. Abbey was very scared when she came in and would hide in her bed all the time, took her time to trust, she would also drink a lot of water but we feel this was down to inner stress. She is not keen on other dogs. She was a bit skinny but is filling out now more, she knows basic commands, sit and paw. She is a strong and chunky girl who finds it difficult to trust, although fine with staff she knows now but she is a bit defensive when strangers go past her kennel/ run and barks a lot. She has been bred from in her past. We hasn’t got long to find herself a rescue lifeline, as she is not an easy girl, she could do with a rescue who can work with her to help her trust again. Xx Cathy
2EC50B81-9092-407D-8464-0344B4C18BEF.jpeg
F946E4A1-432C-4A4E-831C-A1FD438F9EF0.jpeg
591F8DB6-EDAD-4A8B-A580-E88D2403DE7F.jpeg
Karen25

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Karen25 »

I walked this beauty today. She was keen to explore everything and very friendly. She met several dogs on her walk . She was interested but not reactive. She then met some horses, which she just stood and watched, so intrigued with them. She liked them so much she proceeded to roll in the present they left behind for her. She walks well on the lead and has a very loving nature. She deserves a forever home Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

While Abbey was initially a little wary of Charlie and I in the paddock she showed us that she was keen to befriend and it did not take long to find her smile and get her tail wagging. Once she had made friends there was no stopping her and out and about on the lead she was happy to make gentle introductions to several staff and walkers who were all cooing over her.
abbey7DSCF7003.jpg
abbey11DSCF7009.jpg
abbey9DSCF7030.jpg
abbey10DSCF7031.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

abbey8DSCF7021.jpg
abbey6DSCF7017.jpg
April111

Post by April111 »

I took Abbey out for a walk after work yesterday. She was very good to get out of the kennel, she's so friendly and gentle on the lead. It was after 6 when we walked so the kennels and local area was quite but whilst out we met a local lady Dawn who I often chat too, mainly about the weather. Abbey went straight over to say hi, Dawn promptly gave her some affection and Abbey sat on her foot for the rest of our conversation. Safe to say Abbey is gentle, confident and ok meeting new people. Love her!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Abbey reminds me of Blossom love4.gif
I met her on Sunday, she was hiding in her bed but I managed to get her to eat some of the sausages I had and gain some trust. Poor scared girl, she will soon get to know everyone, bless her.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
LeesyLou

Post by LeesyLou »

IMG_7020.jpg
Abbey is definitely my crush of the week. Kennels don't really suit this lovely girl - I hope she gets her forever home soon. She was very nervy in her kennel when I first met her, but this week, she remembered me love4.gif . We went out for a lovely calm stroll, she's fab one-on-one, and confident and happy out on a walk - I'm a bit of a newbie so not certain of all the paths through the woods, so just let Abbey lead, she safely delivered us to the stream, and then to a shady spot in the long grass where we sat for a while and had a chat. She wasn't reactive to dogs in the distance. She also said hello beautifully to a lady who was walking home along our path and stopped to admire her. She's big and strong but VERY soft and loving. She did lead us a little astray on the way back, deciding we could stay out a bit longer than I meant to and do an extra loop (clever girl)!
anne

Post by anne »

It was a pleasure to spend some time with Abbey yesterday. She responds to kindness and is a gentle, friendly, loving girl. We ambled down the lane and around the woods, stopping at the Poet's hut where Abbey made herself very comfy on the sofa. love4.gif
abbey1DSCF8087.jpg
abbey2DSCF8088.jpg
abbeyDSCF8089.jpg
abbeyDSCF8091.jpg
abbey5DSCF8093.jpg
MrsP

Re: Abbey Ambull DofB 2012 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

So the last girlie I got obsessed with (Lexi) was homed before I could post about her so I'm hoping my new obsession Abbey has the same good luck.
Again I was expecting a scared little love but was greeted by a joyous sweetheart! We had a lovely loose lead walk and Abbey passed multiple dogs beautifully (Abbey was interested but sat and watched them go, NOT at all how described at the pound).
It was blowing a gale and Abbey wasn't that impressed by being blown about, and to be honest neither was I as I'm at the end of a nasty throat infection. Lucky for us the sun came out for us to go and lollop in the paddock.
She's such a gentle and sweet dog. Whilst we were out a little Finch hopped in front of us on the path and just stayed there as we approached having some sort of inter-species chat with Abbey. It was a slighly surreal thing to witness as we walked past with both animals "tipping their hats" at each other and then the bird hopping off back into the bush!
Poor ears being blown back in the wind
Poor ears being blown back in the wind
Sitting in the sun on the camping sofa
Sitting in the sun on the camping sofa
Making herself comfortable
Making herself comfortable
Shortly before I put my feet up and we both squished up together (photo not possible, soz)
Shortly before I put my feet up and we both squished up together (photo not possible, soz)
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20190817_014715.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”