Toby Staffie DofB 09.05.18 Halstead Essex

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Toby Staffie DofB 09.05.18 Halstead Essex

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
toby1DSCF6954.jpg
Toby's Story: Toby jumped up at a teenager outside and caught her lip and lost his home. Toby needs a responsible family who can offer Toby support and further training keeping him under lead control at all times when outside on walks. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Toby is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Toby was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
toby2DSCF6956.jpg
toby3DSCF6968.jpg
toby4DSCF6949.jpg
Toby's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to accept Toby as a responsible Rescue, to find a responsible family for him as he matures.
ReggieSt7.JPG
ReggieSt5.JPG
ReggieSt2.jpg
sweetpea

Re: Toby Staffie DofB 09.05.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sweetpea »

Just a baby bighug.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Got to walk fabulous this boy today. Very sweet!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Got to meet and walk lovely Toby on Friday 😊 and he really is a super boy.
He looked a little bit lost in his kennel but still treated Anne to a lovley welcome. He was oh so good whilst Anne and I fitted him with a smart new harness and untwisted his collar, little bit wriggly but considering it was so hot I thought he did marvellously thumbs.gif
Toby was incredibly keen to get going on his walk, so much so that he did get rather excited, a little bit jumpy at the lead but a quick ah ah and Toby stopped instantly and I got no further silliness on our walk, very clever boy. Toby walks very well on his lead, super keen to be out and about but with no pulling. He was sressed heading out but the further we walked the more he relaxed and it was wonderful to see this lovely boy start to unwind and enjoy his walk, he does like to take everything in.
Toby passed dogs with no problem, not fazed at all, in fact he waited very patiently while I had a quick chat with Clare who was walking Rocco, very good boy.
Then it was time for Toby's photo shoot. He was again very patient having to stand still whilst Anne captured how stunningly handsome he is Heart fill with love.gif] all finished and he did get a little excited again but Toby is a very smart boy who will pick things up in no time at all.
So good returning to his kennel, walked passed his neighbors beautifully and so I left him munching on some treats.
It was an absolute pleasure to meet Toby and I look forward to getting to know him bettter Kiss of love.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Toby is young boy with a zest for life - just how he should be. Lots of excited pulling and lead tangling as we left the kennel grounds but I’d expect nothing less from a one year old staffie. He very quickly settled in a steady pace with no pulling, just eagerness to enjoy his walk. We passed nearly every walker and their dog from kennels - Toby got a little impatient when asked to sit and wait while we let one pass, whimpering and whining a little. He was much better if we asked them to wait while we passed, didn’t bat an eyelid. He was very steady when an off lead dog behind its garden fence barked and ran up and down trying to get to him - no reaction at all other than to look to me and want some reassuring words. He’s a lovely, soppy boy, accepts fuss, and is very easy on the lead for a dog so young. Xx.
44EE0F58-C7B3-4259-9FAD-E389D638C987.jpeg
20C1D616-164A-4356-8A5E-E7B99E48E803.jpeg
April111

Post by April111 »

Toby and I went for a walk yesterday. We hadn't met before and he was keen to get out of the kennel space. Once out we met Sarah, who walked him Saturday and Toby obviously recognised her as was keen to say hi.
Toby is very friendly, seems to still be a puppy with the energy that comes with one but appears to be tuned in to his walker and was a pleasure to walk. Can't say he pulled on the lead and i'll happily walk him again very soon I hope.https://www.rescueremediesdogrescue.co. ... f=4&t=7899#
Jen Burke

Post by Jen Burke »

I had a lovely walk/run with Toby today 💙.
Toby is a gorgeous staffie who was eager to get out and about this morning. Sarah and Charlie helped me with exit and re-entry back into the kennels as Toby was a little worried with some of the noise made by the dogs in the nearby kennels.
Once out, he was great fun to exercise with. We had a jog along to the river (which he clearly loved) and his tail was wagging constantly. He listened carefully and looked back for a little reassurance as we continued. He had a splash in the water and waited patiently for me to climb down the riverbank. Toby is an affectionate boy who has clearly LOVES humans. Despite meeting several dogs when we were out, he appeared unreactive and not really that bothered about seeing them. We continued on and he enjoyed a sniff and roll in the meadows.
Toby is a fantastic staffie. A real cuddle monster although a little bouncy when he is clearly excited. He has a lovely cuddle with Eddie when we arrived back at the kennels, despite never meeting Eddie before and enjoyed all the positive attention from the RR Friday team.
If you love bully breeds and can invest in time and training for Toby, he will be a fantastic companion. He is an intelligent boy and with the right handling and guidance will realise his great potential. I really hope he finds his forever home soon as he deserves to find his special humans 💙🐾💙🐾💙🐾💙🐾💙🐾💙
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh how happy was I to have Toby on my list to walk today, he really is rather wonderful Kiss of love.gif
He doesn't like to be in his kennel so much, he is a staffie after all and craves human affection. Toby was super keen to get going on his walk and does take some time to de stress and start to enjoy his walk, as said before he does to look to his walker for reassurance. We visited the steam where he had a cool off and he passes dogs and walkers beautifully.
For me Toby is just the best, he is incredibly handsome and everything a young staffie should be. We met Eddie on our return and he did get super excited as he does love Eddie, but Toby is such a clever boy and he really does listen when told to calm down.
Toby is young, enthusiastic and a little bit unsure but oh so full of love ❤️
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Toby is such a lovely boy. Only my second time walking him but I was greeted in his kennel with the best happy staffie dance. Full steam ahead leaving the kennel block but once out he walks really well - didn’t pull, just a nice steady pace. He loved the stream, we walked up and down it several times then sat on the shady bank. He LOVES a cuddle and being told what a good boy he is, his tail wags, my ears and hair were cleaned - thanks Toby :shock: :shock:. Had a great walk with Toby - cannot fault him at all. Xx
2909E07C-5061-4D37-B1F3-8F57EE7C6F74.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Had another lovely walk with Toby yesterday. He is rather excitable in his kennel but it is simply because he is so happy to see you and super excited to be off for a walk. For a bouncy boy he does stay still long enough to get his harness on, knowing that we will get going a lot quicker, super bright boy.
Toby loves his walks, the further you go the more he relaxes and it's just lovely to see this bright, enthusiastic boy have fun woo.gif]
I don't think I've ever met a dog who looks to his walker more for guidance, tell Toby he's a good boy or call his name and he will look you straight in the face, with a big old staffie grin asking you what you want. He is so intelligent and catches on super quick, he will be an absolute joy to train.
Yesterday Toby wasn't quite ready to go back to his kennel, so we had some calm and gentle cuddles in the shade first.
I left Toby enjoying his breakfast.
Love this boy so much, in the right home he will flourish Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”