Phoebe AmBulldog DofB 01.10.18 Warlingham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Phoebe AmBulldog DofB 01.10.18 Warlingham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Phoebe46.jpg
Phoebe's Story: Phoebe was taken in by us, as a FreeToAGoodHomed site by a family with very young children. Housing have not allowed this family to have a dog so she had to be gone by the weekend. We receive her on the Sunday. She has been good around very young children. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Phoebe is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Phoebe was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
phoebe3DSC08249.JPG
The attachment phoebe3DSC08249.JPG is no longer available
Phoebe's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Info from last owner: “I've had her for approx 3 and half months now, unfortunately I don't know alot about previous owners I didn't ask as many questions as I should, my friend was rehoming her for her friend. I do know they were foreign and I think initially spoke in their language to her but with me she has learnt English commands and hand gesture ie to get her to lie down towards the floor and tapping it, is generally the only thing that works unless she flops full body weight and everything. They played with rags with her, bad idea she will grab lose clothing she's still learning this is not OK. Phoebe likes to help pull things out if the washing machine the click of the door and she will be at your side in a heartbeat, my friend did mention that she had been shuffled around quite a bit which is why I think this Is her first stable home with routine regular walks, we do always go for one around 7pm.”

“Yes of course around very young children... for the most part she is great with them when they are calm she loves fuss and will let them. I think she does get that my 3yr old is more vulnerable as she's naturally gentler with him however if they are playing usually my 3yr old and 10 Yr old boys, hyper and excited, she wants to join in but her boundaries with mouthing still need working on being a baby herself she wants to join in but doesn't get her own strength and can grab with her mouth which can hurt, I say "owwww/no" she does let go but that's with me she doesn't mouth the kids in the same way but due to her size I wouldn't feel comfortable with her around small children until she's got the mouthing/ human food down. She is eager to learn, loves praise, getting her to go on a walk might be initially hard she's better with just one person taking her I've found and away from roads/cars busy streets, I take her through the woods and I've managed to get her to walk 5 mins to approx 25 mins before she wants to return home if she doesn't want to budge she will just sit down and won't move for nothing she responds to good girl and treats well. I think older children like teenagers would be better for her as they would have better understanding of putting in boundaries where as smaller children she could dominate if she wanted to she's never been viscous to them, just wants to play and can get carried away. She will bark to get attention. I also don't let her have free run of the house just yet, as she's at that stage where it's great fun to make a mess she will pull sofa cushions off and throws under no circumstances leave a bin in her reach, she will rip it apart. She has breakfast around 8 and dinner around 6 and she's expects it then if I'm late she let's me know she does have a great character she's very loving, human food has to be kept away to she will go straight for it, she's is tall enough to jump up to a kitchen counter and grab it off the side oh and she has a thing for coffee/tea if within her reach her tongue goes in your coffee LOL but only if left on table /floor. She knows the words no /out/sit /wait. I make her sit before she is allowed her food and she does this well now if there's anything else I think of i'll let you know and if there's anything I've missed that you want to know just ask”
566C791D-CA5B-4F93-8830-F5E7C73F1C0A.jpeg
AFEE7C85-9F46-4CF5-BB27-E74787CC834F.jpeg
Sarahk

Re: Phoebe AmBulldog DofB 01.10.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

What a delight to meet Pheobe yesterday love4.gif

Shes a beauty - see for yourselves :D
DSC08252.JPG
DSC08250.JPG
DSC08247.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

oh yes there's more - she was very good at strutting her stuff thumbs.gif
DSC08244.JPG
DSC08242.JPG
DSC08245.JPG
:D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC08251.JPG
DSC08246.JPG
Lovely friendly girl xxx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

This beautiful, soppy girl is a delight. You can tell she’s only young as she’s very cheeky and playful, just as a young dog should be. Her harness was a source of great fun as were her leads - taking them and running to the back of her kennel, play bowing and trying to entice me to join in her new game. After persuading her with several treats that putting her harness on was a good idea, we were off. No pulling, just a lovely amble, with the odd pocket tug thrown in - she knew my sausages were in there. Her back legs lack some muscle tone but this certainly doesn’t hold her back and after a few weeks of walks she’ll be back to having perfect pins!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love this girl. She is still a very young pup with all the joy, goofiness and love of a dog her age. She can be uncertain of new things but gets over it with a bit of reassurance and at the same time loves the world and all the delights it has in store. She should be in a home learning and getting all the love she needs! She is big but very manageable.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Pheobe, what a girl Kiss of love.gif

She walked with me yesterday, we followed Steph walking Flo and both girls were impeccably behaved - a horse and rider came down the path towards us so we both stepped aside to let them past and both Pheobe and Flo just looked on at this ‘big doggie’ walking by with his walker on his back 0002.gif]

In fact the rider stopped to ask if they were the rescue girls - she was so impressed with them and Pheobe in particular turned her head for sure !!!

Can you blame her, Pheobe is adorable love4.gif
180CDC9D-5832-479F-B892-494E0DD3B3D3.jpeg
9F59ACDD-A94A-44CA-906C-D7C6AAD0F650.jpeg
xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Super impressed with Phoebe love4.gif
Saw her heading out on her walk with Sarah yesterday and whilst obviously super excited she managed to contain her excitement knowing that she was off on a great adventure, lovely girl Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4474.JPG
Lee and Angelica travelled to meet Phoebe this evening...sadly they have recently lost Maria whose health failed despite doing everything to support her and offer her quality time.

Phoebe went home for a sleepover and had a fab. time
SarahW and partner Andy meeting Lee & Angelica
SarahW and partner Andy meeting Lee & Angelica
IMG_4476.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”