Boysie Staffiex DofB 30.10.16 Streatham

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Boysie Staffiex DofB 30.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff walked Boysie twice this week and he was very keen to get out both times! A little bit of pulling to begin with in his eagerness to be away and then a lovely enjoyable walk. He’s a solid medium sized staffie with a lovely nature and a big staffie grin. He’s not fussed about treats but does enjoy his chicken chew at the end of his walk which he takes very gently. A thoroughly lovely boy. positivo1.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and Boysie enjoyed their walk today. Boysie was very happy to be out of the kennels and in the fresh air. Boysie walks well on the lead, pulling occasionally but not much, especially for such a solid little boy. Boysie and Geoff met a couple of horses when they walked on Tuesday and Boysie was a total gentleman, today no horses were around but they passed Emma walking Kyle and Boysie behaved beautifully again. :smiley-chores002.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Boysie was a little unsure when I first entered his kennel - and went and hid at the back. I left to let him know I respected his space.Katy and myself made friends with him through the door instead. 5 minutes later we were all buddies and on our way. We went for a paddle in the stream.....well Boysie dipped a toe in. We were down there for a while - Boysie loved a few kind words and not being rushed. Once he was comfortable with us, he leaned in for some cuddles and fuss. He’s a dear little boy who just likes to know what’s what, bless him. Xx
B1C09601-53E0-41DC-80A0-70532BEE93A1.jpeg
971D5AD9-C0E6-406B-976A-500C028CDAF6.jpeg
E28B3F69-C259-4EF8-B85F-CDA15B6BE50F.jpeg
3B3E20BE-9996-4596-9FC9-B5CF2C2E1D29.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Boycie enjoyed some quiet paddock time with me and Jen last Friday - it was so hot we let him do his own thing - he found a tennis ball that we’d missed when we’d cleared the balls away before we went in with him and he was ok with us around him whilst he had it, not that we tried to take it from him. I leave my lead on as last time he gave me the run around when it was time to head off, cheeky lad !
49EC6E0E-7785-40E5-89F2-9093DF6A8297.jpeg
04943746-4747-4E27-B3AC-7A83DE0DB7BC.jpeg
We then enjoyed a shady walk before he happily went back to his kennel. His softer side is definitely coming through :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
April111

Post by April111 »

Haha he’s so cheeky and yeah had that experience with him in the paddock trying to ‘round him up’.
Have a lot of time for this boy, he’s very people orientated and can cry bloody murder if you take out one of his kennel buddies and not him.
Once you know him, you know his regular eye contact is just him keeping connected and asking for reassurance and although he does start his walks off at a fast pace, he soon settles down and is good passing other dogs and I think we’ve even passed a horse with no trouble.

Hope we find a home for him where he can get the quiet and special attention he wants.
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love walking Boysie. He loves his walks and is a dear soul who really is learning to form bonds with people.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

66E0114A-0FD5-484E-97E0-2CF9269B5078.jpeg
Boysie sure does love the long grass!!! He’s like a kangaroo, jumping up and down, springing this way and that. He’s a teeny weeny bit of a diva though and would only go for a paddle in the stream if I paddled with him. He looked at me as if to say if I’m going in, so are you. He’s quite aloof when you first meet him but if you talk to him, feed him copious amounts of treats, take things at his pace, he’s soon won over. Lovely boy. Xx
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff took Boysie to the paddock first today before their walk and Boysie had a really lovely time chasing the football around. He didn’t need anyone to help him with this, he was very happy entertaining himself. They then had a lovely walk, Boysie came nose to nose with an off lead Yorkshire Terrier and Boysie was a perfect gentleman. love4.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I love it when I get a chance to walk Boysie. He really is a very easy walk. He walks along savouring every smell and sight. He is great on the lead and will happily mooch along. It is very relaxing being around him. He has really developed in the time he's been at RR. Boysie was a nervous unsure chap at first who was weary of new walkers but now he knows walkers are friends he hasn't met yet!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
RosC

Post by RosC »

Boysie came out for a long walk this afternoon on the common. He is always keen to get going but after about 30 seconds he walks along at a steady pace, sniffing and enjoying being out. Today he was making the most of probably the last day of summer and spent ages rolling around in the grass having plenty of tummy rubs. I picked some blackberries whilst we were walking along and Boysie sat and waited for his ones which he caught in his mouth very carefully thumbs.gif Lovely boy!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”