Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Salfords

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Salfords

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
scooby1DSCF6687.jpg
Scooby's Story: Scooby was found abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Scooby is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Scooby was homed for 22 months and was returned with the conclusion Scooby needs supervision with visitors and shouldn't live with children after 2 incidents where he caught with his mouth. Scooby was in boarding kennels near Gatwick then in foster as an only pet whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
scooby2DSCF6688.jpg
scooby3DSCF6698.jpg
scooby4DSCF6680.jpg
scooby5DSCF6675.jpg
Scooby's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 14.06.19: Also have this boy. 2-3 year old male Listens to commands. Walks well on the lead once out of kennels. Loves his toys and food. Non reactive to dogs at kennels. Clynx
Zeus.jpg
Zeus1.jpg
Zeus2.jpg
anne

Re: Scooby Akita x DofB ?2017 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Scooby is a very friendly, cool, handsome dude. As soon as Jim spotted him yesterday he was straight over to make friends and take him for a walk. He was not disappointed. I walked with them through the woods and into the paddock. Walking, Scooby likes to sniff and explore but once in the paddock and free to roam he was torn between human contact and exploring. Jim and Scooby were getting along like a house on fire so I left them to have fun together in the paddock. Scooby is very affection and has a lovely laid back nature. He is a fun dog to spend time with. Oh and did I mention how handsome he is?
scoobyDSCF6693.jpg
scooby6DSCF6685.jpg
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

This boy is a cuddle monster! I had the pleasure of taking him to the vet this morning to be chipped and vaccinated, he was so well behaved. There was a slight issue when the vet was trying to put the jabs in - Scooby just wanted to give her a hug! Fortunately he was equally happy to cuddle me so jabs in and away we went. He travelled well in the car and is just an all round sweetheart, let’s hope his new home isn’t far away :crossfingers.gif:
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I got to walk Scooby today and wow what a boy. He was lovely and welcoming in his kennel, leads attached we got going and Scooby was not hanging around! Not in a pulley way at all, he was just so happy to be out. He really did make me laugh, as soon as we started walking Scooby just wanted to see and sniff everything, to the point that he was zigzagging not wanting to miss anything, again no pulling involved just gentle excitement woo.gif]
The first dog we came across Scooby did have a bit of a bark and a jump, but I think he may have been surprised more than anything as we went on to pass other dogs and he seemed fine.
We visited the stream where Scooby had a little drink but not too fussed. We stuck to the shady paths and stopped for treats which Scooby loved, super gentle.
Scooby really was a delightful walking companion and I absolutely could have stayed out for way longer but it really was too warm.
I'd just like to add that I was stunned when I saw Scooby's age, for one so young he is amazingly calm and gentle, such a lovely boy Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Scooby shared his walk with Deano this morning. After some initial excitement about having Deano walking behind him, Scooby soon settled and was relaxed and calm during his walk, checking regularly to see what Deano was up to behind him. Seeing Deano busy sniffing and ignoring him, Scooby was able to choose to move on and not be bothered by him.
Scooby will benefit from having some social walks to build up his experience and confidence around other dogs. He is young and can be a little excitable and playful.
scooby1DSCF6861.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we love akitas so its been no hardship to walk the gorgeous scooby last week and today - he comes out of his kennel nicely and likes a bit of paddock play first where he most enthusiastically loves to chase a few balls and a roll in the wet grass - he likes a bit of side to side walking so as not to miss anything he really is a lovely boy
P1040180.JPG
P1040163.JPG
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

what a pearl of a dog scooby is - a real softie for a big dog as most akitas are we find - he loves the paddock first for some running around and he especially loves rolling around in damp grass - on his walk he went from side to side (as always) exploring every sniff he could - he will be a great dog for some lucky person
IMG_2303.JPG
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Had the nicest of walks with Scooby today. He really does have the most amazing zest for life and is an absolute joy to walk.
As others have said he really does love to sniff, which makes Scooby a very easy walk thumbs.gif it was so nice just to amble along, Scooby by my side, couldn't think of a better way to spend an afternoon love4.gif
Love this boy ❤️ So very ready for his forever home Kiss of love.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

you gotta love scoobs he really is a calm friendly boy who will make a great family dog - he likes to be busy on his walk without pulling too much - there is nothing not to like about this amiable akita and we are hoping his own family find him soon
IMG_2440.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

Scooby walked with Louise this morning and he the perfect gentleman. He was happy to let little Luna follow in his footsteps. He is such a gentle, calm boy. Come on people, someone is missing out on a smashing dog in Scooby.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”