Charlie Staffie DofB 06.08.12 - 8th November 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Charlie Staffie DofB 06.08.12 - 8th November 2021

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF5054.jpgcharlie.jpg
9th Nov 2021 Brian and Jenna and children are devastated. Charlie was diagnosed with kidney failure a month ago and last night was offered Peace as he was not improving on treatment and medications
Charlie (2).jpg
Charlie's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Charlie's Story: Charlie was handed in to a vet for put to sleep as he hadn't managed every intrusive dog encounters in high dog density area. The vet got the family to sign him over and found us to offer him a place. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Charlie is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Charlie was in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF5050.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF5066.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF5058.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF5080.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We had an emergency call as Charlie was dropped off at the vets to be put to sleep. The vets called us and we agreed to help him

The vet nurses husband and son delivered him into our care...he was brilliant with Alfie the son
IMG_4200.JPG
Charlie.JPG
anne

Re: Charlie Staffie DofB 06.08.12 Gatwick kenns

Post by anne »

Charlie is a little charmer. He is a very typical staffie, friendly, happy, fun loving. I got the usual enthusiastic staffie welcome when I entered his kennel, all wriggles and cuddles and kisses. He was as good as gold while I changed his harness and adjusted his collar. He is an easy boy on the lead but he does keep up a fair pace on his walk. While having his photos shoot, in typical staffie fashion, he got bored with posing and decided belly rubs were in order so he rolled onto his back and was delighted when Chris dully gave him his belly rubs.
DSCF5077.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF5078.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF5069.jpgcharlie.jpg
Elliesmum

Re: Charlie Staffie DofB 06.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

I was greeted but a very friendly, typical staffie boy when I met Charlie today. He is all cuddles and fun and a cheeky chappie. We met several dogs on our walk, and although Charlie has an attitude to other dogs, as I had him on a lead and we just walked on, he was no trouble at all. He has a good look but then was happy to continue with me. He is small and easy on the lead. For a tubby boy, he was quite lively and trots along at a lovely pace, but doesn't pull. Charlie loves people and greets everyone with a smile. How heartbreaking to think someone would put him to sleep for their own convenience. Keep this small boy on a lead and let him live as an only dog, he will be fine. He has character lol.gif
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
anne

Post by anne »

Charlie was not so convinced about a walk today as it was pouring with rain. He needed a little encouragement to keep going but despite the wet we both enjoyed our walk. I think Charlie enjoyed the cuddles in the poets hut the best, where he made himself comfortable on the sofa and charmed me out of treats with his winning smile and beautiful staffie eyes. Who can resist? Not me!
charlie2DSCF5565.jpg
charlie1DSCF5564.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Charlie is a real sweetie pie love4.gif

Here he is saying a very enthusiastic hi to Jemma :D
E235E314-3588-4C7A-AAAF-81B52C33D279.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Charlie really does love cuddles. He is a very typical staffie in his love and enthusiasm around people. After a potter around the woods, an obligatory cuddle session in the poets hut with Charlie enthusiastically emptying my treat bag, we plonked ourselves down on the lawn at the front of the kennels to have a chat with Lynne while she was gardening. Then Emma wandered past and she could not resist Charlie's charms either and he scoffed her sausages and rolled over for tummy tickles.
charlie2DSCF6091.jpg
charlie1DSCF6085.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Charlie is such a cheeky chappie and I just couldn’t resist his happy little face so off we went for a lovely little walk. Charlie is such a delight in every way, he’s a very easy walk and is very happy ambling along having a good sniff, he loves a good fuss and doesn’t seemed bother with other dogs when out on a walk. I can’t lie Charlie is currently a bit in the chunky side for such a tiny staffie but I’m sure he will quickly slim down in a loving home with regular walks.
Ooh yum I can sit for sausage
Ooh yum I can sit for sausage
Can you spot my cheeky tongue poke.
Can you spot my cheeky tongue poke.
dymphnae

Re: Charlie Staffie DofB 06.08.12 Guildford Kenns

Post by dymphnae »

Charlie is already building a fan base among Guildford walkers. He's just a scrummy little lad who showers you with affection and is very easy on the lead. We love him to bits already!
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I too have joined the Charlie fan club! Charlie is a staffy lovers dream - dinky, cute, he loves cuddles and gives kisses so easily, just an easy peasy friendly little guy, a delightful little chap.
He loves a treat
He loves a treat
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

I have a lorra lorra love for Charlie. Such a cute little wiggle bum. Today we had some paddock fun, then a short walk out in the shade. He's so light on the lead, that he would be the perfect dog for anyone who isn't strong, or an older person. No problem with passing dogs, cycles, joggers. Perfect boy.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”