Logan Lurcher DofB 24.10.16 Peacehaven

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Logan Lurcher DofB 24.10.16 Peacehaven

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF4829.jpglogan.jpg
Logan's Story: Logan was handed into a council pound with his 3 litter brothers. The brother he shared with was homed from the pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Logan is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Logan is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF4845.jpglogan.jpg
DSCF4832.jpglogan.jpg
DSCF4836.jpglogan.jpg
Logan's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 25.04.19: Thank you for your help with Benn the Rottie...Also have these 3 lurcher brothers. Aged 2 years. All vaccinated. All may be able to come with neutering voucher. Dog and people friendly. I've tried lurcher rescues, general rescues-no one seems to want lurchers. xCarolyn
logan2019-05-11%2014.30.41%20-%20Edited%20(1).jpg
Chester.jpg
RosC

Re: Logan Lurcher DofB 24.10.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Logan is a lovely boy but is a bit unsettled at the moment and is very timid. I think he is struggling to get used to being on his own without his brothers and to settle in a new environment so is very reserved and a little jumpy at noises. He will soon settle and happily came out on a walk today. He enjoyed sniffing around and his tail came up and he trotted along nicely but he got a bit camera shy when I tried to take a photo. He didn't like the bridges and while I walked over them he jumped the ditches lol.gif
We bumped in to Sarah back at the kennels so hopefully she has some better photos of this lovely boy - I can't wait to see him grow in confidence.
IMG_3084.JPG
IMG_3085.JPG
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Logan is such a sweetheart. He was nervous of me taking photos but I could already see he was more comfortable with Ros, showing that when he starts to get to know someone he will learn to trust and relax. Darling boy. love4.gif
2019-05-11 14.30.41 - Edited (1).jpg
2019-05-11 14.32.52 - Edited (1).jpg
2019-05-11 14.33.33 - Edited (1).jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took the nervous at first logan out for a walk with the very confident treacle - its a big scary world out there and logan just needs a bit of reassurance to build on and once out and about he started to relax with his tail getting higher and higher and treacle passing on some of her calmness to him and the two of them were v happy walking together - he loves his rollovers in the grass and we tried the stream but neither seemed v keen on a dip despite the warm weather - logan is a lovely sweet lurcher who is going to make a great addition to someones family
IMG_1159.JPG
IMG_1150.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

I had the absolute pleasure of spending some time in the paddock with Logan yesterday. He is already more confident, happy and relaxed which is testament to the love and care he is getting from our wonderful kennel staff. Jemma, who he trusts and loves, got him out and he was happy to be heading off into the woods with me. Once in the paddock he just mooched around doing his own thing. I sat down in the grass and he kept an eye on me then trotted over to say hello. He took treats gently from my hand and slowly felt comfortable to come closer. I sat for a while and just let Logan do his own thing and he would come over to me every few minutes and just quietly stand close to me. I then got up and wandered around and he followed me wherever I went. Logan wants to trust and be with people and as his confidence is growing he is able to do this more and show us his personality and his wonderful smile. Logan is such a gentle soul, very handsome and his coat is silky soft. love4.gif
DSCF4817.jpglogan.jpg
DSCF4818.jpglogan.jpg
DSCF4844.jpglogan.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF4810.jpglogan.jpg
DSCF4814.jpglogan.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Logan Lurcher DofB 24.10.16 Thursley Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Ziggy came with her friend and Bella her beautiful Lurcher. Ziggy sadly lost Seamus their adored mutt last week and Bella wasn't coping as an only dog...she spotted Logan and wanted to help him knowing his nerves.

LoganHomed2.JPG

LoganHomed7.JPG

LoganHomed6.JPG

LoganHomed5.JPG

Anna says goodbye
Anna says goodbye

LoganHomed8.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

Logan was beautifully behaved walking with Louise this morning, accompanied by Willow (dog) and I. Here his is watching and waiting patiently while Willow has a snuffle in the hedgerow.
logan1DSCF7188.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I love a walk with Logan, he is so serene. Yes he is nervous in his kennel but his confidence is growing and he loves getting out for his walks.
loganDSCF7777.jpg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

jan took the gorgeous albeit rather nervous logan out again this week - once tempted out of his kennel he walked well behind little zeus and his confidence oozed out as he relaxed and enjoyed some strokes and cuddles and he really is the easiest of dogs to walk - hes not really a sniffer he just loves the sun on his back and taking in the surrounds and wow can he jump those styles clearing them by about a foot - an all round brilliant lurcher who just needs to build on his confidence and in the right calm home we are sure he would
IMG_2350.JPG
IMG_2348.JPG

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”