Tizer Staffie DofB ?2015 Northend Portsmouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Tizer Staffie DofB ?2015 Northend Portsmouth

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
tizer1DSCF1516a.jpg
Tizer's Story: Tizer was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Tizer is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Tizer was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
tizer2DSCF1508.jpg
tizer3DSCF1504.jpg
tizer4DSCF1515.jpg
Tizer%208.jpg
Tizer's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 18.04.19: Hi Lynne,

Is there any room at the inn?
Tizer is an unclaimed stray Staffie, lovely lad that’s settled nicely but isn’t very dog friendly. Thanks Mikey
Tizer25.jpg
mandyandmike

Re: Tizer Staffie DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Met this stunning boy on Sunday for the first time, wow he really is good looking lad. When I first went into his kennel he was very hyper and full on, grabbing my treat bag (silly me for having it in view on my waist band!) and trying to get the leads too. Once I had hold of his collar he calmed a bit and I easily clipped the leads on. Getting out he was a little bit naughty still trying to grab the leads but once outside he calmed right down and for the rest of our time together he was just lovely. I took him somewhere quiet where he didn't have to meet any dogs as I didn't want him to get stressed, he walks really well on the lead, no pulling just a bit of zig zagging now and then but mainly because he is looking back at you adoringly. We had a couple of sit downs and he was all over me, licking me and just wanting to be close and have cuddles, a very affectionate boy. This boy has obviously been loved and trained, he kept trying to give me two paws at once when asked and he does listen to you. When I put him back he was much calmer than earlier and we had some lovely cuddles. He really is a people dog and I hope that someone homes him soon as the kennel environment makes him stressed poor boy.
Wowser gorgeous boy
Wowser gorgeous boy
mandyandmike

Re: Tizer Staffie DofB ?2015 Guildford Kenns

Post by mandyandmike »

Forgot to say he was fascinated by the statue of the farmer and the cow down the road, he stood for ages just staring at it and I thought he was going to have a mad moment but eventually he went up to it and had a good sniff and then decided it was not that fascinating!
Whats that?
Whats that?
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

My second walk with this fabulous boy today. Much better getting out this time, holding his collar and harness seems to calm him and stop his grabbing. We walked along the main road to Peasedown woods, he is not phased by any traffic and was very well behaved. He does sometimes try to pick things up off the floor along the way (poo/banana skin and a piece of plastic today) but if you tell him leave he does seem to listen and he let them go. After our walk we went to the paddock for some fun and cuddles, he loves chasing a tennis ball. Back in the kennel I sat with him for 20 mins and I did not want to leave him, he was so cuddly and affectionate, sitting on my lap - both of us squashed in his bed and then laying down giving me his belly, so trusting of him.
He finds kennel life very stressful so I pray he is homed soon, he just wants to be loved. angel13.gif]
Happy boy
Happy boy
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Just wants to be close to you!
Just wants to be close to you!
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I am soooo handsome
I am soooo handsome
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Tizer 6.jpg
Tizer in the paddock today, he loves a tennis ball and a run around, love this boy, he is not doing well in kennels and has lost weight, please some one home him soon, he is so loving.
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Tizer is a wonderful dog, once away from the kennel environment he is a gentle and sweet boy. We've become great mates because I adore him and delight in his company (he does share a name with my boy, which immediately drew me to him). Tizer is terrified of other dogs, you can almost here him say "don't hurt me, don't hurt me" as he sees one approach. If you distract him with a treat and reassure him he'll sit and watch them pass with no problem. If I was looking for an only dog I would adopt him in a heartbeat.
tooooooooo handsome!
tooooooooo handsome!
Tizer-two 2.jpg
laying in the shade in the heat
laying in the shade in the heat
Tizer-two 5.jpg
Excuse my dodgy video commentary.....
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I hear you ladies !! Yes Tizer is a smashing boy very trusting with his walkers, as he leans into you for cuddles and reassurance. The kennel noise and hype really does affect him and once hes away from that environment you get to fully appreciate the fantastic dog he is.
He'll sit with you, lie or lean on you and always returns by your side which is his safe place.
He loves playing, running and catching balls and in a secure area he will demonstrate his skills. Tizer is looking for a confident, committed owner who can show him his new world and nurture him whilst he settles.
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Some pictures of Tizer from Saturday, we had a lovely short walk and a sit down in the shade and then some gentle fun in the paddock as it was very warm. He was really good and although he hates kennels I feel he has settled down a bit now. As others have said Tizer is a wonderful boy, he has so much potential with the right home, just LOVE this boy.
Perfect paw
Perfect paw
Stunning colour
Stunning colour

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”